The Corroboree
blip

Edited by lsdreamz

Hey all :P

Well i have just found out that this weed we have been trying to kill off ever since we have owned the house is infact Sida Rhombifolia.

I was doing some research and found that it is used for a wide range of healing properties, but also when smoked can produce a sense of euphoria and scalp tingles?

I have tried smoking 1-2cones worth but felt nothing... i was unsure if it was infact sida so i didnt really breath it in deeply just incase it was some toxic plant.... knowing my luck :rolleyes:

I cannot find much information besides the healing properties, so wat just interested to know are they any other uses of Sida Rhom?

I read somewhere you can make goey from this plant aswell... haha that would be good, id have dealers come and get rid of this stuff for us :lol:

from what I have read, it is mainly used as a dream enhancer, I have seen threads here dealing with it. Do you have seeds, would like to get some from you if that is the case... Thats if you can positively ID...

Be weary tho, there are 3 or 4 plants that look very simlar, the main thing to look for is the flower and seed pods, the sida.r has but nice round butter yellow petals and the seed pod is closed, the main lookalike has flowers that have lots of little yellow petals, kind of like a dandelion and the seed pods have lots of thin points seeds kind of like prickles. (again similar to the dandelion)

there is anoither one that looks very similar at a juvinle stage but ends up wiht black berries..

sida.r

Sida%20rhombifolia%20flower.jpg

Sida Rhomb and its close relative Sida Cordifolia both contain alkaloids beneficial in the treatment of colds and flu's as well as asthma. Ephedrine and Pseudoephedrine are some of the interesting alkaloids found in these plants.

There is plenty of info on the web as well as on this forum, for example :

Sida Rhombifolia

Enjoy :)

Edited by lsdreamz

Pretty much all been covered.

You definitely won't be having any dreams after ingesting an adequate dose of Sida (where legal!)

The most active part of the plant is the roots.

That leaves in the pic Andy posted doesn't look like a Sida rhombifola to me at all? Although the seedpods and flowers do.

Pretty much all been covered.

You definitely won't be having any dreams after ingesting an adequate dose of Sida (where legal!)

The most active part of the plant is the roots.

That leaves in the pic Andy posted doesn't look like a Sida rhombifola to me at all? Although the seedpods and flowers do.

oh, i must have it mixed up with another plant (silene obviously)... well that is my 1st piece of misinformation posted on the forum(some may argue that) sorry bout that

Edited by shroomytoonos

Sorry my bad, seeds too, I just pinch my flowers to stop it from getting weedy (this genus is VERY WEEDY AND IMMUNE TO GLYSOPHATE), so no seeds around :wink:

ah ok...reason i mentioned it, is i queried my teacher briefly about the different bala's (sida sp), and he said seed is preferred to root but that the root is more nourishing/tonifying. didn't have time to follow up on it...not sure what he meant exactly, because the root is certainly most commonly called for

i seem to recall a study indicating that there is 4x more alkaloids in seed than root..that was probably cordifolia though

Edited by coin

Yeah I know what you mean, I used to look for a much wider leaf shape but now that they are flowering I know what they look like and Im find them all over the shop, looking the same as in the picture above.

Got a cold or hayfever... or just want to make some dirty gluggy speed???

There is your plant.

my teacher said bala is important in formulations for helping people recover from heavy marijuana use

Edited by lsdreamz

a heaped teaspoon of crushed leaves brewed as a tea was usually enough stimulation to empty most bowels within a half hour.there was often a period of euphoria at some stage.

smoke was a bit harsh and the dose about the same as for a tea.

wasnt really impressed with the root.had to use a lot of it for a not quite there strange stimulation.

t s t .

Didnt I already answer this one with a picture?

its not sida rhombifolia and sida codrifolia isnt native up here only down south...

Where di you get the seeds from, I cant see any pods or flowers in your pictures?

Are you talking about the one wiht the top bud forming, thats a native form of ameranth (sp?) that grows everywhere around here.,

Edited by AndyAmine.

Didnt I already answer this one with a picture?

its not sida rhombifolia and sida codrifolia isnt native up here only down south...

Where di you get the seeds from, I cant see any pods or flowers in your pictures?

Are you talking about the one wiht the top bud forming, thats a native form of ameranth (sp?) that grows everywhere around here.,

Who was this meant for? Unsure whether to reply or not... :huh:

Edited by lsdreamz

plants that i have identified as sida rhombifolia look the same as is your picture, with the 'rhomboid' leaf shape. flowers are the same as in Andy's pic however i haven't come across any that have that particular leaf shape either.

:) ajna

Edited by lsdreamz

Yeah sorry, I didnt mean to come across all snappy like.. I get very short with people sometimes when Im late getting my methadone dose..

Yeah I thought that was Sida at first too, I posted pics of it a while ago, however I have never seen this plant (the one in your pics) actualy flowering or with seed pods. Does anyone have pictures or links?

After aboout 6 months or looking, the only one I have found that fits sida rhobifolia's description is the plant pictured in my post above.. It grows all over NNSW/S.E.QLD and youll start seeing it everywhere once you can recognise it.

Perhpas Torsten or someone can help clear this up And Im keen to know the answer.

Perhaps you could sit outside, naked, all night long and do your very best to contract a cold (go meet sick people, hospitals etc) and then start applying some potential (and potentially toxic) Sida lookalike and see if it clears up faster than ordinary.

Repeated contractions of cold and applications of potentially-toxic material is reccomended. :P

Jk, you were wise not to 'inhale deep' when trying some, good luck though, I'm keen to see what it turns out to be as well. Have you tried searching up taxonomic descriptions and comparing it to your plants??

Goodluck. :)

After doing a lot of google image searches, it looks like both are sida rhombifolia, or are at least very similar to the point of being ID'd as the same plant.

As youll see in the pics I post, the one with the big leafs has whiter looking flowers and the smaller one very yellow flowers. its quite confusing but if cacti have taught me anything its that plants are highly variable beings..

More than likely tho its jst a mater of environment and stage of growth?

Id love to see some pics of those plants when they start flowering!