The Corroboree
Torsten

Pausinystalia yohimbe plants available now

This one will only be available for a few months each year, so get them while they are hot. ie while it is hot. Pausinystalia yohimbe really likes tropical conditions, although can happily deal with low humidity as long as the temps are high and plenty of water available. Anyone south of Brisbane will need to bring them inside over winter as they really don't like to get cold. The real P.yohimbe species is considerably more delicate than Tabernanthe iboga - at least in the first year or two. Being a woody trunked tree, yohimbe will become dramatically hardier as it matures.

Does not need full sun and actually prefers shade when young. if grown in a grow room it can happily sit in the corner where nothing else will grow.

Plants available are well rooted, over one year old, grown from several genetic individuals.

These can easily be shipped overseas -bare rooted and packed in sphagnum moss.

Worst enemy: cold and spidermite.

Wish i was some where I could grow this one

Did u finish updating the shop?

Erowid lists the SAB shop as the primary resource for this plant ;-)

Rekon this'll grow okay on a windowsill over the colder months in Sydney?

Erowid lists the SAB shop as the primary resource for this plant ;-)

The folks at erowid are well aware of the research we have been doing with this species for the last 6 years, including darklight's tissue culture protocols for it.

Depends on how warm your window sill is overnight. Like iboga it really starts to suffer at anything below 10 degC.

Depends on how warm your window sill is overnight. Like iboga it really starts to suffer at anything below 10 degC.

Hmm, it doesnt usually get below 10 degrees in Sydney.. I guess keeping it inside it'll not get below that for sure.

Might try my luck!

edit: I take that back.. In my area in Sydney I meant.

Edited by KlUe

all areas of sydney regularly go below 10 degC in winter.

all areas of sydney regularly go below 10 degC in winter.

I'm not wanting to cause an argument, although i wanted to point out that the average minimum temps in Winter 2004 were 9.5 degrees and have risen since then.

But trust me, northern coastal Sydney isn't getting too cold in winter, rather scary if you ask me.

Edited by KlUe

no argument. you are talking about a different thing to me. The plant doesn't care much about what your averages are. It is fine at anything above 10 degC or so. However it will really suffer at temps below this. The average does not tell you anything about the absolute minimums. I think you will find them to be close to 4 in most coastal areas and lower in the west.

For example, the figures for Centennial Park [which is one of the warmest areas of sydney] are:

Lowest Min Temp (deg C)

11.1 14.4 10.0 ... 4.4 3.3 2.2 1.7 1.7 5.6 8.9 10.3

You can see 1.7 being the lowest minimum in August & September.

In contrast here are the mean minimums:

Mean Daily Min Temp (deg C)

17.4 17.7 16.2 13.2 9.9 7.8 6.5 7.2 9.3 12.0 14.1 16.3

Where july & august are 6.5 and 7.2 respectively.

And to assess just how frequently it drops down to below 2 degC you look at the mean number of days below 2 degC:

Mean no. Days, Min =

0.0 0.0 0.0 ... 0.0 0.0 1.5 0.5 0.5 0.0 0.0 0.0

which shows you that you can expect on average 2.5 days per year below 2 degC in sydney.

Now, contrast this with minimums of about 2 days of 7 degC and 6 days of 8degC where I am [averages only taken in the last 5 years]. Young yohimbe plants are NOT happy here in winter.

I was thinking of dropping in to the SAB nursery to pick up some yohimbe plants to add to my collection of medicinals. Is it still closed? I have a 4wd so i'm sure i can negotiate the road ;) saves me having to wait for postage. I want to get them established before the cooler weather arives.

na, we're open. 2-4 on weekdays.

Will this one be available at SAB again in the near future?

i know Torsten dose not like to use the forum to advertise the shop / nursery much but i was going to ask if the SAB store would post any new stock for the spring (live plants etc)

or just have a new arrivals thread to keep members up to date on new arrivals,

There are a few things im after this season & i usually miss out on some of the rare or harder to get stuff from not frequenting the sab shop often enough

Edited by mac

yohimbe should be available from about november to april.

mac - I am hoping to redesign the webstore so that an out of stock item can be added to a notification list. New items pop up in the new items list.

ok thanks

I was looking for a banner or list for new spring stock but thought it may not have arrived or been listed yet , i hope to get a few additions to my garden & herb box over the next few months from the online store so will keep a eye out

Nice job Torsten! This is one of the more rare botanicals and it's not often seen in cultivation!

Keep up the good work!

ARGH I can't believe I just missed out! Had the bark chips on the cart list yesterday and because I had to leave the house quickly I forgot about finalising it so this morning there's none left :o Waahhhh!

Oh well, happy experimentation to those of you who got it :) Smoking it works well.

more chips soon.

ARGH I can't believe I just missed out!

yeah it seems to happen too often, ill just have to remember to look daily,

i have been looking around the navigation, links & other info & may have missed some things but i take it there is no regular store email that i can subscribe to informing us of new products or stock that has just arrived, ? or is this what T ment about adding a notification list when things are redesigned or updated in the future

Edited by mac

in the future version you can sign up to a regular item that is frequently out of stock [eg caapi, khat, seasonal/tropical species] and you will be emailed when it comes back into stock. however as far as new items [first listing] go, these will only be advertised in the new items list [no emails].