The Corroboree
Amulte

The Nitros Oxide Market in AU

Been thinking about this for a few weeks ;) it seams to me that the cream charger market here in Au seams to be almost a monopoly by isi distribution through finewhip. has anyone seen any other brands out there of late, years back i remember a rainbow coloured box but not the brand of it and its not around by my findings. i remember years ago it was easy to get the chargers to make some delicious whipped cream with your favorite flavour, then it all kind of dropped off.

has anyone seen any other brands beside isi? how do you buy them, online or in store? easially available or difficult to find?

Been thinking about this for a few weeks ;) it seams to me that the cream charger market here in Au seams to be almost a monopoly by isi distribution through finewhip. has anyone seen any other brands out there of late, years back i remember a rainbow coloured box but not the brand of it and its not around by my findings. i remember years ago it was easy to get the chargers to make some delicious whipped cream with your favorite flavour, then it all kind of dropped off.

has anyone seen any other brands beside isi? how do you buy them, online or in store? easially available or difficult to find?

you can buy them at the supermarket, but I think you have to ask for them.

sorry, i should have pointed out im not trying to source any, i have to accually put together a small presentation on the cream charger market in Au. thanks tho

I think the last thread on this has some useful info for you A, was called whipped cream or something?

Good luck on your presentation, I hope the boss finds it informative!

I belive they were clover brand Whippet/whippit (sp) whipcream bulbs :)

ISI are MUCH higher quality! msn me if you would like to discuss no2 bulbs in more details, I have a fair history with them, although I dont partake in them anymore... Ones to many and a hundred 's not enough!

Yeah, you used to be able get at least a couple of different brands at most supermarkets. I've asked around at heaps of places and all I find are isi, and only at dedicated catering shops too (not even domestic cookware type places). I reckon it's been more than ten years since I've seen any at a supermarket, and when I've asked about them, I've never had the employee know WTF I was talking about.

My mates one night (plus a return trip the next morning) bought out half of the stock of a wholesale catering supplies outlet - something like 180 bulbs all up.

I was still finding empty nang canisters under my lounges after my folks came home 2 months later.

AFAIK, there is only one supermarket chain that still stocks the isi bulbs, but you have to ask for them at the front desk. they're ~7 bucks a pack, which is alot compared to when franklins sold them for $2.19 a pack in the early 90's. but still alot cheaper than some specialty stores charging upwards of $15(!) a pack. if you have mates working in a restaurant, ask them to whack an extra case on the next order. much cheaper.

and i've only seen the isi ones around in the last say 10 years. i vaguely remember the rainbow box too amulte, tho not sure whether it was nos or co2.

a few years back working at a supermarket we had several brands of Nitros Oxide...so i dont think its quite THAT drastic a monopoly. mind you my new job uses exclusively ISI...2 years can change a market alot.

not sure if anyone has mentioned this as i have only shimmed through the thread but herein brissi at Night Owl there are 2 brands, one beingisi, but the other is different and a bit cheaper as well. I'll try and source the name for ya :wink:

Would just like to thank everyone for their posts/pms/msn's in reguard to this, very much appreciated.

Yes, Clover was that rainbow box brand, thanks ;)

Sparkwhip are made by iSi

thanks again all, due to this part of research other brands may be available in the next few months if all continues well, AND they will be much more readily available at more locations. :worship: Bestwhip :worship: will hopfully be here soonish...

Cooly coolio :worship: amulte where will these be stocked? is there a good source for bulb crackers in aus?

Is it price? Or is there some other problem with ISI which has people looking for alternatives?

still a bit of work yet so a few more months, need to evaluate market potential now. on average how many bulbs would people per month?

dont think there is any real problem with iSi besides cost but also availability :)

I would avoid getting clover brand if thats the kind your thinking of buying, they have a much lower quantity of No2, is lower quality and sometimes they have small ammounts of metal shavings inside.

I know someone that knows one of the aussie distrubutors for ISI if your keen to talk to them?

Sorry to bring up an old thread but thought it would be better than starting a new one.

My mate owns a business for cooking products www.finewhip.com

There are brands of higher quality than isi though. isi is something like %98.5. Another brand Ill come up with later is close to %99.8. Woudl people be interested?

Sorry to bring up an old thread but thought it would be better than starting a new one.

My mate owns a business for cooking products www.finewhip.com

There are brands of higher quality than isi though. isi is something like %98.5. Another brand Ill come up with later is close to %99.8. Woudl people be interested?

99.8 that would be medical grade yeh? let me guess MOSA brand?

you know S do ya?

quite alot of us already get our creamer products from his site, theres also many other threads discussing finewhip and the new Mosa brand they have in stock.

what is this other brand? purewhip i hope :)

to update this thread.... personally i think Bestwhip are not to be trusted, the owner (M) acts a charlotin.

Edited by Amulte

I was best mates with his cousin, he started the business for uni which was quite convenient for catering family functions.

Mosa is the brand that is %99.8, isi tastes dirty in comparison with fragments of graphite and other oils.

The decompresion process is a lot smootheer also making possible use safer...

There has been a problem in the past with aculmulating impurities on the inside of the devise after excessive use, eventually causing them to break off in nasty chucks.

I found its best to use a new devise with Mosa with no other brand so that this wont happen for a much longer time.

On another note, not sure if this should be in this section but...

Does anyone know anything about excessive use altering dna?

I have noticed that Mosa nangs don't have the nasty taste that ISI have.

Altering DNA? Now your making me paranoid!

Anyone know when the Mosa's will be back in stock? They have been "available shortly" for some time now.

Edited by Self Abuser

This is a section taken from Erowid. You guys might understand it better than me...

This is what I read from http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/nitrous/nitrous_info1.shtml

Pharmacology

Respiratory / Airway

* Direct depression of medullary ventilatory center with concentrations greater than 50%

* Increases respiratory rate

* Decreases functional residual capacity

* Can increase pulmonary vascular resistance, especially with preexisting pulmonary hypertension

* Relaxes bronchial smooth muscle (direct effect, and decreased afferent tone)

Cardiovascular

* Direct myocardial depression at concentrations >40%

* Can lead to hypotension and decreased cardiac output when administered alone

* When combined with a volatile agent, there is usually less circulatory depression than if either agent is used alone

* Attenuates baroreceptor and vasomotor reflexes

* Enhances isoflurane-induced coronary artery vasodilation, and can lead to coronary artery steal

CNS

* Causes cerebral vasodilation and increased cerebral blood flow

* Increases intracranial pressure due to increased cerebral blood volume

Musculoskeletal / Other

* Does not cause skeletal muscle relaxation

* Weak triggering agent for malignant hyperthermia

* Chronic exposure may interfere with DNA synthesis as a result of reduced methionine synthetase activity

Sorry guys, realised this might be taking things off topic...

Should I start another thread in another area?

Ones to many and a hundred 's not enough!

lol, great call... the stuff's more addictive than slurm :P