The Corroboree
XipeTotec

T.Bridgesii Preperation/dosage.

Any thoughts on t.bridgesii preperation and dosage. Is it suitable to eat raw? what would a good dosage be for someone having never previously consumed this particular ethnogen? what should someone consuming t.bridgesii expect to happen?

Edited by shroomytoonos

i cant really say what the best methods would be or how to prepare, but exprect a mescaline trip champ :P Somewhat similar to mushies from what i hear, but different again. good luck - I hope the person contemplating these things is somewhere legal ;)

I hope the person contemplating these things is somewhere legal ;)

funny you should say that ace... as it happens, I was just asking out of curiosity, as drugs are bad.

Haha - thats the spirit Shroomy :P Drugs are bad. When used improperly, or irresponsibly, or when given to someone unsuspecting, or when driving or using heavy equipment, when in front of people who dont condone their use, or supposedly when you are in a place such as Oz. Well, you get the idea :lol:

Gee, consuming cacti has never been discussed before. Just plug it. All in one go, otherwise you're piss weak

Gee, consuming cacti has never been discussed before. Just plug it. All in one go, otherwise you're piss weak

what is peoples problems regarding previous threads... it is becoming a bit old. I did a search on the precious search engine, and did not get any specific information. Without, that is pretty average advice... dose? cooking tech? Would you care to be any more broad with your sarcastic post.

Cactus Brew

You just gotta learn how to use the search engine, shroomy :)

Note that the recipe was for E. peruvianis, so take into account the higher mesc content in E. lageniformis (bridgesii)

...I'm sure people have told you this before...... but .... erowid.org.... is a very good starting point for all questions.... especially if you want to know dosage.... and what to expect from a specific substance....... just search the trip reports.....!!!!! you can also find many recipes on how to make Cactus Syrup....and even to AB extract to salt......!!!!!!....

.....from my experience..... read, read..... and read some more...... and everything will be revealed.....!!!!!!.......

...I'm sure people have told you this before...... but .... erowid.org.... is a very good starting point for all questions.... especially if you want to know dosage.... and what to expect from a specific substance....... just search the trip reports.....!!!!! you can also find many recipes on how to make Cactus Syrup....and even to AB extract to salt......!!!!!!....

.....from my experience..... read, read..... and read some more...... and everything will be revealed.....!!!!!!.......

what is the point of the forum, if no-one wants to discuss???? Why do I bother coming here if I can read the information everywhere else?? Maybe I need to start a thread about "tool" or something to get some sort of constructive feedback. Yes, erowid is good... it does not go discuss dosage for t.bridgesii. Trip reports on there are helpful. I thought people on this forum might be as helpful. Which, there are a few... and i'm sure you know who you are, that are happy to share. Others... are a bit pus. Though, please note Humanfuel, this post is not an attack on you... I am just a bit frustrated at peoples lack of constructive posting, and generally complaining about some of my posts. Maybe its just me... but this is a DISCUSSION forum. Not a, "UTSE" forum.

Edited by shroomytoonos

Haha - I agree Shroomy, but I understand the comments of others referring you to the SE. Like HF said, erowid will probably have more stuff than anywhere on here, perhaps it would be nice if you could track down a little info and post it on this thread for others? That way you get the knowledge for your self and help a few of the others in the same boat. :wink:

As for the difference between bridge dosage compared to any other trich, I dont think there will be significant differences. It may be a little more or even less than standard pedro, so probably use this as your starting point.

But like usual, people need to be a little more supportive of such questions - if they appear stupid, or blatantly obvious, instead of quoting UTFSE, like most people do, perhaps we could give our two cents in a positive way or simply dont bother posting. I know there are a lot of newbs who get a bit offput by these comments, even when they are not meant to be aggresive.

Anyway, thats all I have to say about that (in the voice of Forrest Gump) :P

They say the norm for a pedro dose is around 30cm of a nice chunky specimen. bridgesii is meant to be around twice as potent as most pedros.

So id say start off with 15cm of a decent sized piece (chunky). Always have more on the go if need be, you dont wanna just do a little then want to explore more of the rabbit hole only to find yourself having to boil and reduce for hours..

Hope your not in oz, if so please disregard my post..

Maybe no-one wants to discuss something that's been discussed many many times before? Maybe nobody wants to help someone who refuses to even do a little bit of research themselves first.

I really didn't want to reply to this thread because I knew you'd accuse me of being a jerk for telling you to UTSE.

To you this may seem new and fresh, but to the people who bother doing their research you are just diluting the total sum of information across more threads that say essentially the exact same thing.

Using google:

bridgesii site:erowid.org inurl:/experiences

I came up with 3 pages of T. bridgesii trip reports, almost all of them have dosage/prep information. What more could you want?

What about this?

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/inde...?showtopic=5929

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/inde...?showtopic=5965

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/inde...showtopic=10371

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/inde...showtopic=10376

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/inde...showtopic=10372

Took me about 5 minutes to pull that up on the SAB search engine using bridgesii as the keyword :/

Maybe no-one wants to discuss something that's been discussed many many times before? Maybe nobody wants to help someone who refuses to even do a little bit of research themselves first.

I really didn't want to reply to this thread because I knew you'd accuse me of being a jerk for telling you to UTSE.

To you this may seem new and fresh, but to the people who bother doing their research you are just diluting the total sum of information across more threads that say essentially the exact same thing.

Using google:

I came up with 3 pages of T. bridgesii trip reports, almost all of them have dosage/prep information. What more could you want?

What about this?

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/inde...?showtopic=5929

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/inde...?showtopic=5965

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/inde...showtopic=10371

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/inde...showtopic=10376

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/inde...showtopic=10372

Took me about 5 minutes to pull that up on the SAB search engine using bridgesii as the keyword :/

wow, you are really awesome apothecary. Did you really do that all by your self. I think your everybodies hero. Seriously though, this is a shame, both because I thought we were over our little tiff, and also because I have just been trying to create discussion, which has been more than disappointing due to people like yourself. If it is new and fresh to me, why don't people more knowledgeable offer advice(I know that some of you do, and it is much appreciated. I know I do on topics which I have a stronger background in. In response to "I really didn't want to reply to this thread because I knew you'd accuse me of being a jerk for telling you to UTSE." That is just here say and conjecture" Lets just not have forums, because everybody here already knows everything, and they don't want to discuss it. Also, I am always researching, I (mistakenly) have been including these forums as a first step in this research as I would like to gain from other peoples experiences, and have the opportunity to discuss these with the individuals involved. I must say, your response apothecary has disappointed me, and I look forward to your next outburst.

If you want the discussion, then try adding to a thread about your desired subject instead of starting your own.

Generaly speaking, one should always try the search engine before starting a new thread such as this one.

If you want the discussion, then try adding to a thread about your desired subject instead of starting your own.

Generaly speaking, one should always try the search engine before starting a new thread such as this one.

generally speaking, I did.

Also, these threads could be informative and helpful, if some people weren't too busy complaining like little girls, instead of making an effort to contribute constructively. Thumbs up to Ace, one of my favourite contributors, he is always happy to contribute, and is always constructive and well balanced. Hope to hear more from you in the future Ace.

Why do I bother coming here if I can read the information everywhere else??

Shroomytoons, I bet your are one of those kids that was always the teachers desk asking for help wernt you? :rolleyes: Did you ever bother to read the instructions first, then comprehend your method, then follow through at school, or hang onto the teachers leg all the time??

Seriously man, if you dont learn these things for yourself(with our help AFTER you have a rough idea what your talking about) your could end up serously hurt or damaged. These substances arnt off the shelf items, so dont expect a step by step instruction to be given. We all have to learn, and UTFSE(or google if ours is to hard to work) is one of them, im sure we have all been in your position before, I just remember reading a whole lot more than it seems your willing to.

Good things come to those that learn, and once your on that path alone, not holding hands with anyone, you will realise that there are many helpful people along that path. These helpers deserve some respect for their efforts in transposing info, and not disregard becacuse they dont want to "discuss" the same crap over and over, or moreso, preparation of an illegal substance.

Dont think of us as not wanting to help, on the contrary, we ARE helping you by not discussing this all over again. We are helping you stand on your own two informative feet, from that we can olny hope you'll walk forward.

Shroomytoons, I bet your are one of those kids that was always the teachers desk asking for help wernt you? :rolleyes: Did you ever bother to read the instructions first, then comprehend your method, then follow through at school, or hang onto the teachers leg all the time??

Seriously man, if you dont learn these things for yourself(with our help AFTER you have a rough idea what your talking about) your could end up serously hurt or damaged. These substances arnt off the shelf items, so dont expect a step by step instruction to be given. We all have to learn, and UTFSE(or google if ours is to hard to work) is one of them, im sure we have all been in your position before, I just remember reading a whole lot more than it seems your willing to.

Good things come to those that learn, and once your on that path alone, not holding hands with anyone, you will realise that there are many helpful people along that path. These helpers deserve some respect for their efforts in transposing info, and not disregard becacuse they dont want to "discuss" the same crap over and over, or moreso, preparation of an illegal substance.

Dont think of us as not wanting to help, on the contrary, we ARE helping you by not discussing this all over again. We are helping you stand on your own two informative feet, from that we can olny hope you'll walk forward.

all I can say is...u really are a knob dragon. What is everyone's issue with asking questions here. If people would just contribute constructively instead of having a go at me, there would be no dramas, no need to dredge through the search engines and other sites. I could get the information, strait from the horses mouth. I must say, i am very dissapointed, both because, another one of my threads has turned to shit, instead of being helpful, and also because, I thought this would be a great community of like minded souls, with which I could share and discuss knowledge on a subject which I am passionate about. Instead, I seem to have found alot(certainly not all) of people in towers, looking down. Seemingly more often at myself than at others (who often ask equally as common questions without the same negative responses,) I must point out that a new member(hardtimes) asked a question the other week and was confronted with a barrage of abuse and ridicule, which I must say, actually embarrassed me. This should be a community which encourages discussion and acceptance. If you don't like contributing to topics which have been touched on before, then why waste your time posting your crappy negativity. I think if a topic is touched on again in a new thread, then great, even if just one new piece of information comes out of that, then it has been a worthwhile experience. It is just a shame that some threads seem to be tainted with all of this crap.

i havnt read the thread but thought i should mention that there is some relevant threads that i read recently at the nook about eating bridgesii raw. Interesting stuff over there and if your looking for more open discussion on eating cactus then the nook is your best bet.

i havnt read the thread but thought i should mention that there is some relevant threads that i read recently at the nook about eating bridgesii raw. Interesting stuff over there and if your looking for more open discussion on eating cactus then the nook is your best bet.

thanks trans, I will check it out, also, thanks to everyone else who has contributed constructively to this thread.

Ok, I also have answered this question many times, but I will say it again, there is no safe alternative to starting off at very low doses and working up, it is the only way to go with an untested species. I have heard of cacti that are active at 2cm eaten fresh, and 20cm would probably put you in hospital or worse, similarly I have heard of cacti that appear inactive at 800gms

Edited by foolsbreath

I'm surprised by peoples lack of tolerance but it seems to be all too common on these forums lately particularly from certain individuals. The guy was wanting some advice (probabably by people who have had experience) not just from information found on certain websites which can often prove dodgy. Shroomytoonos obviously wants to get all the information necessary so he doesn't get himself into deep water which is a smart thing to do. I think if you haven't got anything helpful to say its best not to say anything.