The Corroboree
Ace

Perth on Australia Day

Hello all,

I have just been sent an email containing a photo taken on Australia day in Perth. I dont know if this has been posted before or if it is completely accurate, but it was stated in the email:

Check out this awesome photo - this one deserves an award.

Fireworks, Lightning, Sunset, a Comet, and the greatest of Aussie icons, the Beach, all in one image.

In addition to the obvious features in the photo, look between the two displays of lighting up the sky to see the third - McNaught's Comet.

The photo was taken just north of Hillary's Marina, which you can see the harbour wall on the left with fireworks being launched.

The photo is just amazing - really no words to describe it for what it really is:

post-2347-1170384930_thumb.jpg

Sorry I dont have a source for the photo or any other details, but they may be found online somewhere I'm sure.

Ace

Hello all,

I have just been sent an email containing a photo taken on Australia day in Perth. I dont know if this has been posted before or if it is completely accurate, but it was stated in the email:

Check out this awesome photo - this one deserves an award.

Fireworks, Lightning, Sunset, a Comet, and the greatest of Aussie icons, the Beach, all in one image.

In addition to the obvious features in the photo, look between the two displays of lighting up the sky to see the third - McNaught's Comet.

The photo was taken just north of Hillary's Marina, which you can see the harbour wall on the left with fireworks being launched.

The photo is just amazing - really no words to describe it for what it really is:

Sorry I dont have a source for the photo or any other details, but they may be found online somewhere I'm sure.

Ace

Dude that photo is one of the best panoramics I've seen for a long while!!

:worship:

Thats a freakin amazing photo!

Wish I had seen McNaught when it was visible, when I did go to look it was always cloudy then when I was flying down to Sydney the pilot cherps in "If you look out to your right you will see the comet McNaught" Pity I didnt have a window seat..

We could see it the whole way on the drive down from the camp, from about 2 hours north of Newcastle all the way down until it got dark (around Newcastle).

Of course in the state of mind I was in :rolleyes: there was speculation that it had finally happened and aliens were coming to take over the planet :P

McNaughts was amazing! My very first comet. First week there was no moon and the tail lite up the sky and was about a 1/3 of distance of total sky. I could see it from my driveway, yay. U could even see the tail being blown by the cosmic winds.

A week later it was still visable, but the moon ruined all the tail and only a small trail could be seen. That is one awesome pic though. Since I live way south of Perth, the wicked lightning was my only source of Aussie day fireworks. Better than man made works IMO

Edited by naja naja

The comet wasn't "crappy" in most peoples opinions. I missed it too but i'll be getty cyrogenically frozen and will see it on the next pass

it was crappy cause I missed it. If I had of seen it, it would have been awesome, and anyone who missed it would have been crappy... hey you missed it didn't you green?