The Corroboree
naja naja

Roll up and get ur tickets here

Yeah I know...tis just disheartening thats all.

I see a lot of really good ppl fighting for what?

Life for most ppl is already a shit soup....seeing "experienced & informed" <-- keep it loose, ppl with so much to impart for others that want to follow..i dunno, I just keep thing of one phrase...'chose your battles'.

Sorry Torst if I came off a little sharp...was not my intention.

i just wanted ppl to take a step back.

Any way folks, maybe just a bit rung out myself after chrissie.

AJ

Soory Apoth...I was not clear...I know mod wouldn't be easy.

Edited by Auntyjack

hmm, that might be your definition, but the courts generally don't share this. Any text [or other creation] posted on a public website remains copyright of the author [and possibly the site] in the eyes of the law.

Sheeeet, and here I was just about to sell the fabulous moments of this forum to one of the Fairfax publishing houses. I'de like to see anyone try and sue over sourced tid-bits posted in an underground forum like this one.

Take a deep breath, Apoth, and count to ten. You're going to enter young-middle-age MOR-premature heart-attack if you keep this defensive, know-it-all shield up as you grow as a human being. Learn to apreciate other's points of view, regardless of your agreeance.

It seem to me that others are taking these discussions much more seriously than some of the protagonists. I am sure that GO and sob are not terribly emotionally involved in any of this. neither am I. This makes it possible to argue with sometimes sharp tongues to a point where others think everyone wants to kill each other. far from it.

Don't take wanjina's leaving too hard. Seems to me she was moving on well before this thread. She'll be missed, but that's life :wub: . At least she didn't go with a bang, so if she feels like coming back sometime in the future she doesn't have to change her username :wink:

So chin up auntyjack, we're just messing about online cos we don't have a real life :lol:

So chin up auntyjack, we're just messing about online cos we don't have a real life :lol:

He's right, you know. :blush:

Sheeeet, and here I was just about to sell the fabulous moments of this forum to one of the Fairfax publishing houses. I'de like to see anyone try and sue over sourced tid-bits posted in an underground forum like this one.

The type of forum makes no difference. Say if a short story from the creativity forum was sold in a bestselling book [by a plagiarist] do you seriously believe the publisher would get away with it? I can tell you they won't because it has happened before. Blogs are notorious for that.

[edit: obviously news gathering is a different story....]

Take a deep breath, Apoth, and count to ten. You're going to enter young-middle-age MOR-premature heart-attack if you keep this defensive, know-it-all shield up as you grow as a human being. Learn to apreciate other's points of view, regardless of your agreeance.

geez, you can be annoying :rolleyes: . Maybe you should heed some of your own advice.

fair nuf....Ive just had one of those 'cat preggers and I can't find me ferkin thongs days!'... :BANGHEAD2:

AJ

geez, you can be annoying :rolleyes: . Maybe you should heed some of your own advice.

What, and lose out on some much needed hypocrite status ? Not on your life, dear Torsten. I thought this thread was filled with contributors void of any modicum of self-reflection........

I'm not goin to read this whole load of crap thread. I made it and I want it gone. It was simply made from an edit of a post that was no longer needed. Too far is too far. Mods please remove this entire thread. I'd do it if I could, but I don't have those abilities. No more bitching or fuckin about. If u havn't got sumthing nice to say about sum1 then don't say anything about them at all.

Please, NO1 ELSE post another single word in this thread, not even a joke!!!!!!!!!

MODS PLEASE REMOVE THIS ENTIRE THREAD!!

P.S> I love your work Wandjina, please pop back in every now and then to let us know how ur going. I am definitely interested in purchasing some of your artwork. Please let me know Weneva u have sum available for me to pick from.

Edited by naja naja

Oh, Naja x2 has spoken in big red letters andwith a commanding directive. CEASE & DESIST.

Who exactly are you sprought such stern, uncompromising instructions to everyone here, and expect them to be adhered to ?

Well it looks like there were some more to and fros in my absence which was due to that human thing called sleep.

Did wandjina end up getting her 1000 posts by the way? I tried to help her cross the line by at least giving her an opportunity to respond back to some of my more serious replies. I think she was really looking forward to the 1000, but yeah I don't think she's burned any bridges really so she can come back to complete her task.

Who knows? Maybe her exposure to the king of controversialist artists Andres Serrano may take her art to a new level? Lady controversialists are few and far between unfortunately.

Anyhow take heart everyone, a forum has more resilience than the temporary absence of one person. I'm sure wandjina will come back some time, in fact I'm sure she has even read this post :)

EDIT: I've noticed some censorship of the thread which was imo unnecessary and disagreeable. But I'm not prepared to leave based on such blatant censorship. It will stand as a mark against the conscience of the censors. A soul wrecking device which attempts to squelch the voice of others because you have no valid response.

Edited by sobriquet

What more do you expect ? I think the nature of this forum (of late), despite the elements of boundary-stretching legalities from time-to-time, lulls us into a false sense of societal freedom, when in fact rampant conservatism still actually flourishes when the 'new right' are determinining validation of 'acceptable posts'. Sometimes I have to check that I really hadn't dialled into the http://www.younglibs.org.au/ website in error.

all this bitching about the forum and how its run..... why are you still here then?

ROFLMAO

you answer a question with a question?? wow. im still reading in order to know who says what, its the best way to learn about people and what type of person they are. 1st impressions last.

2ndly im a moderator (one of those censors you both hate so much) so i have this nasty habit of reading the forums, funny that.

ADDITION - also im not going to be bullied into not reading a thread just cause you vomit on it. i find it rather amusing how you try and get the last word and reply to this thread like a bot, your little fugly brain child is it? you are building a nice image for yourself LOL another thing i find funny

Edited by Amulte

GuitarKitty.jpg

:P

I wouldn't want to see this thread deleted. After all, when the forum finally comes to a meltdown we want to be able to see who contributed to it.

Oh, Naja x2 has spoken in big red letters andwith a commanding directive. CEASE & DESIST.

Who exactly are you sprought such stern, uncompromising instructions to everyone here, and expect them to be adhered to ?

I am the one who created this thread and am now feeling incredibly guilty for all the shit this has caused. Thanks for makin me even more depressed than I have been for the last few months. And if u consider using the word please to imply a directive, it becomes a request. So if people had any respect for just being nice to each other, they would respect my request not to continue this shit, or atleast not in a thread I started.

Thanxs

Edited by naja naja

I think the mods have to take stock. Rather than jump to conclusions look at the situation closely.

This thread has been edited and censored against the wishes of ALL involved parties wandjina, evolutionNth, myself, and others.

As a result of the censorship by the moderator there has been alienation and even a cessation of involvement by a longstanding and unique member of the community: wandjina who was very close to her 1000th post and someone loved by many.

Censorship sucks. In real life you can't go and edit conversations so why try to clean and sanitise threads? Do we really need to take the path of bowdlerisation?

Moderators or Bowdlerisers?

Acceptance or alienation?

You make the call.

I self-censored my post, such is my concern for he future of this wonderful forum and its por long suffering mods.

:rolleyes:

if you don't like censorship then post within the rules. it's as simple as that. I can tell you that the mods are also extremely tired of your constant antagonism and rudeness and that they feel no support coming from vocal members like yourself and GO. If you don't want to be edited then stop pushing the boundaries of what we have for the last 6 years found to be quite appropriate forum etiquette. Never in the existence of this forum have mods felt unsupported or disrespected by the memebrship and I know this is a direct result of the actions of just a few people.

There are less than a handful of people who cause >90% of the moderation work [by which I mean the amount of attention that needs to be paid to threads]. The mods don't need this crap. I don't need this crap. If you can't post within the simple rules [which are no more than a reflection of decent humanity] then don't post at all please. These few people have been getting away with much more than anyone else has before, partly due to the more relaxed mod style the current mod team has. Maybe that is the wrong way to go, because obviously some members take an extra mile for any inch given [and then cry foul when they are reprimanded].

No, I don't think the dramas will be the end of the forums, but they are certainly lowering the tone and the community feel. Which is interesting to watch as coming mainly from people who use the forums as a way to present themselves rather than to share. A good way to ascertain if you are an asset to a community is to consider if you would be missed if you left today? I doubt you will be remembered for your often excellent posts, but rather for the constant discord you initiate or perpetuate.

As for the melodramatic exit by wanjina, I've seen this coming for a while, so no surprises [and no hard feelings as I know where she is coming from :wub: ]. But it certainly wasn't due to this thread.

I doubt you will be remembered for your often excellent posts, but rather for the constant discord you initiate or perpetuate.

I don't know about the initiate part Torsten. I guess you hit the nail on the head when you observed a while ago that high profile (high frequency posting) members tend to become victims of their own success and become the target of jealousy and envy as I'm sure you would know from your own high profile position.

Different people cope in different ways but if you review the 840 odd posts I've made I would doubt if you coud find an example of me posting in ways which could be construed as going against the rules. If you do find an example of where I have 'attacked' a post it will no doubt be due to a preceding personal attack after repeated provocation and even then it will be a very measured and sharp response.

Note current provocateurs like Chronik Fatigue who have been pursuing my posts on mutiple threads and leaving idiotic comments designed to provoke. I've not complained to moderators about such behaviour and the moderators have not taken action (or even offered to) against it on their own accord either. EvolutionNth has been another such pursuit artists who appears to like posting semi-congruent things about my posts which hurts her when she is deflated.

But that's just what happens on forums. I don't think I'll be missed if I leave the forum, but I don't plan on leaving. Why would I leave just because I don't agree with the censorship rules? Can I not even state or take the position that I don't like the censorship and would prefer other means of dealing with 'offending' material?

Anyhow, I have a continued and more dedicated interest in ethnobotany than to allow little disruptions like the last 24 hours affect my desire to participate here. Despite the small thorns I have a deep respect for the knowledge and dedication of other members and don't shy away from saying it. So you can expect me to stay on as long as my interest in ethnobotany prevails.

:)

In real life you can't go and edit conversations so why try to clean and sanitise threads? Do we really need to take the path of bowdlerisation?

In real life people generally maintain a level of civility in discourse of any nature.

In real life people try to get along.

In real life if you don't like someone or what they are saying you stop associating with them.

In real life people don't act like such blatant pricks.

This isn't real life, it's just a display of emotional and over the top responses to pathetic and immature provocation. All made possible by the glorious thing we call the internet.

Exactly what i was thinking Morg. Im sure these people think they can type what they want beacuse they are outa reach of that searing right uppercut that normally follows someone talking shit to you!

Hiding behind a screen , as their respect and manners are.

I had ticket #100, now im finished, and putting my used ticket stub in the bin provided. :rolleyes:

Bd.

Edited by BlackDragon