The Corroboree
sobriquet

Some random thoughts about methods of ingestion.

Hi all,

I was thinking this afternoon about why certain modes of taking substances appeal or not, to my tastes. Along these lines I thought about the differences between eating vs. other methods for many substances. It's true that eating them may be less harmful and 'milder' but one thing that really gets me with this is the slow buildup of effects. I find that taking or eating something and then waiting up to 45 minutes before you know if you've hit the mark or not is frustrating; and sometimes allows one to get second thoughts about the wisdom of having taken it at that point, or whether they've had too much, too little. Panic and paranoia have a chance to take hold.

That's why until now I've preferred quicker methods. At the very least you can't go back on your decision and you're well and truly into it right away. Not only that but you know very quickly whether it has worked or whether you've wasted your time with good or bad quality material as the case may be. On the downside is that the intensity of the experiences can be very high with the quick administration methods like smoking or injecting.

What are your thoughts on this? Have you taken something and realised in the meantime that you should have done it another time? What have you done in that situation?

I guess it reminds me of the shocking predicament one can be left in if they decide to gas themselves on car exhaust (carbon monoxide). The person having decided that they want to die, hooks the hose up and starts the engine. At some point the person may get to the stage where if they have second thoughts about it, they are powerless to go back on it since they become paralysed! A form of 'buyer's remorse' I guess.

Has anyone experienced substance remorse?

yes, true about waiting and anxiety etc, on the other hand, to be hit suddenly with a huge alteration in your mind could also be quite a trying ordeal. Maybe eating, over a longer period could reduce anxiety as effects could come on much more gradually. just a thought, what do others think?

Has anyone experienced substance remorse?

Frequently. Whenever I recalculate my dose after it has started to kick in. I tend to make mistakes then and invariably end up thinking I am now overdosing. That why I now calculate all doses on paper so I can actually go through it if I start freaking out.

I also regret having regarded [oral] meth as a relatively harmless recreational drug :slap:

personally I like a small wait, but not too long. I am patient with the onset, but I don't like a really long climb up. eg, I don't like eating shrooms because they can take a long time to kick in and take a long time to peak. I love drinking shroom tea cos it hits in 10 minutes and after 30 mins you know how far you are going [and can redose :innocent_n: ].

have only once had major substance remorse. was with a slow onset(though immediate release) long acting opiate. 45 mins after having 40mg and feeling nothing i took another 40-60mg. wasnt nice though i woke up the next day so alls good.

other than that i dont mind a wait. though nothing beats that instant gratification after pushing the plunger.

have only once had major substance remorse. was with a slow onset(though immediate release) long acting opiate. 45 mins after having 40mg and feeling nothing i took another 40-60mg. wasnt nice though i woke up the next day so alls good.

other than that i dont mind a wait. though nothing beats that instant gratification after pushing the plunger.

What about the feeling of "uh -Oh" after youve plunged in? This feels too much/a bit wrong/a funny taste/a bit burny......"

that is scary - so very unstoppable........

hardtimes

Edited by hardtimes

What about the feeling of "uh -Oh" after youve plunged in? This feels too much/a bit wrong/a funny taste/a bit burny......"

that is scary - so very unstoppable........

hardtimes

never had this as have only ever used TGA approved pharmaceuticals

also its not unstoppable when you have narcan on hand and are quick. :wink:

its the psychonaughts mantra "ive done it this time..."

i experienced it in the past but it became a bit of a joke to me, i found that if i go in accepting death as a possibility and being OK with the idea it would almost never come up, but when it did id just remember im ok with it and relax and experience my death. but it never happens which i kinda knew it never would with psychidelics.

also when i experience somthing i wouldnt want to id laugh at it lol. rather hard to explain, but the fact it was somthing best to avoid presenting itself, i found it rahter amusing as even tho one avoids them they always tend to present themselves. LOL

Whenever I take something Im not 100% sure about I write a note saying 'I've taken _________, if I die, well I'm sorry', or something similar to that, and keep it in a pocket. It makes me worry less about dying and someone not knowing why.

never had this as have only ever used TGA approved pharmaceuticals

also its not unstoppable when you have narcan on hand and are quick. :wink:

Yeah. I think anyone who messes with opies and doesn't have a narcan in the house and car is taking an unnecessary risk. A room mate who used to mess with pods told me of several times she believes it saved her life. But it takes a fairly alert mind to do this as well as anticipation that some stronger effects were on their way. If you can't administer it and there's no one else to, you'd be stuffed.

If you have a habit and have a supportive GP whom you can be totally honest with, then you might be able to get a narcan from them. But such doctors are few and far between, maybe even a myth.