The Corroboree
nil

why i call myself "muslim"

Tolerance and acceptance of other people's beliefs are the key to a better future.

agreed. i believe that our society should be much more tolerant of other people's intolerance. for too long the intolerant and bigoted have been persecuted for their beliefs and it's time that their voices be heard.

i fail to see how i am a atheist nor belong to any "movement" religous or not just because i dont have a imaginary friend, and i can assure you i belong to neither.

nah all i meant was, both parties are intolerant of the other. Strongly opiniated atheists diss the theists just as much as strongly opiniated theists diss atheists, and that breeds discord. Even theists diss other theists, its just one huge circle of rubbish.

Guest onemind

That's the main reason why i am a scientologist..

That's the main reason why i am a scientologist..

Could have sworn I read that you were a buddhist somewhere...

Not that I care which you are, but I have to say you're one of the craftiest trolls I've ever encountered on internet boards.

Index-Jews-ThornyHeadedWorm.jpg

An essential part of the survival strategy of the Thorny-Headed Worm (above) and certain other parasites is to make its hosts stupid and foolhardy.

Guest onemind
Could have sworn I read that you were a buddhist somewhere...

It's called sarcasm.

[...]

i asked for it to be deleted but with the boards not working it doesn't seem to be able to be deleted. ppl keep bringing it to the top. i'd personally like it to just disappear forever.

This is the worst thread I've ever seen here :(

this forum doesn't have a moderator. The whole idea is that there is not supposed to be any impediment or even direction to the discussion about philosophy and spirituality.

This forums doesn't need a moderator. There are simple rules to follow and when everyone does then even a heated thread like this can be productive and educational. If anyone breaks the rules in this thread then this needs to be brought to my attention. I am the only one who can suspend and ban members and really that is the only option in cases where the content itself is not moderated. Apparently evolution has requested this to be deleted from various other people, but not me :scratchhead: [until just now].

You folks have to realise that one of the reasons we have a spirituality forum is so I don't have to listen to that religious drivel in chillspace :rolleyes: . ie, I rarely ever check on this forum, so I have no idea what goes on in here unless someone tells me!!!

We only delete thread in extreme circumstances. This is not it. Anyone who isn't happy about what they wrote can go back and edit [better do it soon, cos I might lock the thread], but I don't think it is up to the original thread starter to determine the fate of what everyone else wrote. I find this thread a sad reflection of what goes on in the rest of the world, but there are also some interesting insights. Nothing is solved by deleting it.

if I missed any particularly nasty comments that are against the rules then please let me know and I will have another look at them. I have no problem editing insults etc, but in this case that might be a double edged sword because the very first post ends with an insult [and yes, I do know what it refers to and I am dealing with that at the moment as well].

[edited for clarification]

Guest onemind
You folks have to realise that one of the reasons we have a spirituality forum is so I don't have to listen to that religious drivel in chillspace

rofl, good philosophy.

If only the rest of the world could be shut out so easily and the offenders deleted but i'm afraid we would have to delete everyone.

This thread is F-ed.

Seriously. :slap:

All I can say is I lost alot of respect for a few people after reading this thread. Evolution, you are not one of them.

Islam is just a religion. I would also have to say I don't care why you practice Islam, because it's your choice and any spiritual pursuit improves a person. As long as it is undertaken with pure intentions.

Every religion says the same thing: "be nice and loving to other living things, behave yourself". They're not bad sentiments, at all.

Much props to anyone who approaches the world in a loving manner, there is definitely one or two people on here who don't. :(

All I can say is I lost alot of respect for a few people after reading this thread. Evolution, you are not one of them.

Don't worry onemind, you're probably not one of them either. There was no respect to lose :rolleyes:

Every religion says the same thing: "be nice and loving to other living things, behave yourself". They're not bad sentiments, at all.

That's the crux of it, really. Im irreligious also, but can appreciate the sentiment in all established faiths is "be good to your fellow humans"

By the way I've created a compilation of onemind's recent statements here:

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/inde...c=12913&hl=

Guest onemind
Don't worry onemind, you're probably not one of them either. There was no respect to lose

hehe, it doesn't seem as though onemind gives a fuk.

at this point onemind has contradicted, contraindicated, co-conspired and confirmed so many things all within the space of a single post repetitvely that it can only be assumed that he is realy more than simply a fool, purposefully providing chewing material to watch the results and then continue the process of disagreeing. its kinda funny at this point that someone can be so disagreeable in the face of...well... in the face of...umm...and i think that may be where his point is lying. it responds so fast to nearly every post that it can, almost laying in weight for more to try and agrivate with. so much effort, dunt quite know what there is to gain from it other than something to spend time on.

this may or not make sense but i think that is ok. onemind you are succeeding in inspiring a response with your creative use of hatred and negativity. i only hope that you are doing this on purpose. haha if not, then sheesh.

anyway, whats your favourite plant? actually i bet you hate plants and think they are thr eason we are in this stupid mess to begin with. stupid making us have food to eat. if there were no plants then ther ewouldnt be religion. fuck tomatoes are evil. no but realy grass is eavil.

Guest onemind
this may or not make sense but i think that is ok.

No, you make perfect sense as always :)

This may be abit off topic and it may sound stupid, but is it true muslims have to wipe their ass with there hands?

Because my brother used to work with an african muslim man a few years ago an they got talkin about religion and the african dood said that it was a muslim custom to do it? is that true or is that some african version of islam?

:crux:

ey dont worry about the last question,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_toilet_etiquette

i like the rule

"When leaving the toilet one should say the following prayer: Praise be to Allah who relieved me of the filth and gave me relief." Reminds of the start up scene from scary movie 2

strange enough for me not to comment.

the majority of that 'mufti says' business is beyond my comprehension. 'mufti says' has legislated islam so much that every aspect of life is covered by some kind of fatwa. because muslims wash genitalia after using the bathroom with the left hand, it is 'good adab' (manners) to only eat and drink with the right hand. there are quite a few progressive muslim people who don't buy into all of this as it's basically rules from the dark ages inclusive of the shaving of body hair, etc. then again, there are a lot of muslim people who actually do practice all of this and consider anyone who doesn't munafiqoon (hypocrite) for not following the "sunnah". this is why there is actually more volatility between people in islam than islam and western culture in general.

most of my muslim friends have bidets which would not have been around hundreds of years ago and quite elegantly do away with the above crap. I am surprised though that bidets are not used in public facilities in muslim countries. I must say that my impression of squat toilets has been one of utter disgust. Normal public toilets are bad enough, but squat toilets are always wet and it's almost impossible not to have at least some piece of clothing momentarily contact some of that uncleanliness.

Then again, normal toilets in muslim countries are even worse - with the footprints on the toilet seat and all :rolleyes:

yummy!

i have always wondered why bidets aren't just commonplace in all toilets in every country, irrespective of religion.

Er' cause 80% of the country's desert and 18% of the remainder is in drought???????

..religion is a crutch for those who are to scared to face reality.

The world would be such a better place without it fullstop.

the same could be said about science my friend.

Er' cause 80% of the country's desert and 18% of the remainder is in drought???????

well that's the lamest reason I have ever heard.

if you took all the people who have showers after going to the toilet and converted them to bidets then you would be able to have 10 or 20 times more people actually getting themselves clean.

Bidets don't use much more water than washing your hands properly, which makes me wonder if you've actually ever used one....

see what religion does.... <sigh> :unsure:

religion gives me the shits. always has. always will. it has caused more shit,wars and arguments than anything in the history of humanity. call it a shallow comment. im sticking by it.

Nah, wealth and power have. Religion is just so often used as a moral jusification. The crusades weren't just about capturing the holy land, they had more to do with capturing the asian trade routes