The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
sobriquet

Stilnox experiences anyone?

Just a post about the strange experiences that I've had with Stilnox.

The several times I have had it have been pretty interesting though. I get hypnagogic hallucinations from it. If I haven't taken it for a week beforehand I can be guaranteed to see these 30 minutes after taking one tablet.

Interestingly the hallucinations have a plant theme every single time! The first time I saw bundles of straw fly away with angel type wings from a field of wheat or similar. They were like men with wings except that they were straw!

Next time I saw a whole field of palm trunks in a garden. These were sizable and very pretty but I saw these while walking to the toilet and opening its door.

The final time was when I saw someone in close proximity to me as a log! For some reason I saw her as a cherry tree log.

I thought this might have been something particular to me but I was astounded when I recounted this to a neighbour. He is significantly older than me and said one night when he'd gone out for a cigarette after taking a Stilnox he saw the entire front of his yard filled with large trunked trees! It was so convincing to him that he apparently told his wife and asked why the front yard was so full of trees all of a sudden!

Feel free to add your own experiences good or bad.

My first time on stilnox took place while I was at the computer, just sitting at my desk typing, starting to feel a little weird, when suddenly my enter desk turned into a massive tree, and I was at the top, just sitting in its branches still typing on my computer. my mouse and keyboard also turned into wood objects.

This didn't last very long, and the rest of the trip didn't have any reoccurring 'woody' themes, either did my second(only done it twice) experience.

My first time on stilnox took place while I was at the computer, just sitting at my desk typing, starting to feel a little weird, when suddenly my enter desk turned into a massive tree, and I was at the top, just sitting in its branches still typing on my computer. my mouse and keyboard also turned into wood objects.

This didn't last very long, and the rest of the trip didn't have any reoccurring 'woody' themes, either did my second(only done it twice) experience.

Wow. There's definitely a common theme of "woodiness" running through it then.

I remember the first few times I used to take it very late at night and now recall feeling as if in a jungle with lianas or vines but there were other features that predominated. One was the weird feeling at the computer which I was typing at on IRC. When I read the 'IRC log' some time later I realised I'd gone to some weird places with the chats and I couldn't remember any of it.

The weird thing on the computer was that different coloured text on a white background actually started having a 'dimensionality' to it so that various colours were either closer or further away from the actual screen. I could sense this very easily when looking at the LCD screen. Each colour of text was locked in its own plane.

I've seen this effect when not on Stilnox also but you'd have to really look for it. On Stilnox the effect was just there.

Also when I looked at myself in the mirror my whole skin had a very orange tinge to it with a very light leopard type variegation with darker shade! Almost like a badly applied fake tan look.

Finally I must say that if you are in a dark room after taking it and still awake then some really odd things can be experienced. I remember feeling everything moving in a wavelike way. There were also mysterious darker areas of the room filled with shadow type entities. Creepy in a way but you're too relaxed to worry about it.

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Edited by sobriquet

Interesting. DMT in oral form has often given people from diverse backgrounds 'jungle visions' and now a drug that could be described as a derivative of DMT gives people from diverse backgrounds 'jungle visions'.

I wonder if theres some receptor site that makes people see nature scenery in visions :unsure:

If there is you could track down one hell of a LSD admixture plant :shroomer:

And you could transmute Mckennas machine elves into garden gnomes :lol:

from person experience and the anecdotes of others, stilnox are fuct. it's one thing to have hallucinations, it's another to have delusions... this is where things get ridiculous and potentially even dangerous. if anyone intends to take them i suggest having a sober sitter to make sure you don't do something embarrassing, and who can recount to you the bizarre things you did the following day.

but i'm sure there's some weird little adolescent stilnox cult out there, just like there is/was with DXM.

There were also mysterious darker areas of the room filled with shadow type entities. Creepy in a way but you're too relaxed to worry about it.

I cant really remember the circumstances, such as why i was scared or what i was scared of, but in my second experince, I was left huddled on the floor because I was so scared of an 'entity', so i guess it isn't always relaxing!

I cant really remember the circumstances, such as why i was scared or what i was scared of, but in my second experince, I was left huddled on the floor because I was so scared of an 'entity', so i guess it isn't always relaxing!

Yes. Definately a creepy aspect.

On the rare occasion when I've taken 2 of them; if there is anyone else present then there features often also take on the orange tint and their face and features often appear bizarre. Sometimes evil looking, always distorted in a nasty way. There would also be a feeling of 'jamais vu' as in even though you are familiar with the person or thing, you feel as if you have never met them before and it's all new to you.

Bizarre indeed.

Note that I discovered these effects only when I once fought the extreme sleepiness that 1 tablet brings on. I was chatting to a friend and therefore wanted to stay awake and that lead to the discovery of the bizarre effects. Makes the world a really weird place.

The only danger I ever had once was taking further tablets after an initial 2. For whatever reason that I couldn't recall afterwards I'd taken another 2 tablets which I only discovered in the morning to find more tablets gone than what should have been.

Interesting and it definately has a 'pull' to it. So if you have a packet and have taken it for a night or two then the temptation and need to have it another night is strong especially if you're bored or at a loose end.

I used them once but had no effects other than sleep.

They have been used recently to wake people from persistent vegetative states, to almost normal states, when the drug wears off they return to the persistent vegetative states. It has worked on people who have been out for over 10 years!

Obviously doing something to the brain!

I used them once but had no effects other than sleep.

They have been used recently to wake people from persistent vegetative states, to almost normal states, when the drug wears off they return to the persistent vegetative states. It has worked on people who have been out for over 10 years!

Obviously doing something to the brain!

Yeah, you have to fight the sleep induction to get the interesting stuff. Most people who are using it just for sleep wouldn't ever experience any of this stuff. Once you've overcome the sleepiness then its surprisingly easy to continue awake just because of the new stuff happening.

some interesting info here, the 'Ambien vault'

http://www.erowid.org/pharms/zolpidem/

there were some posts a while ago re zolpidem...or was that at EBA? Cant remember.

I've taken stilnox a few times, and was intrigued by the unusual effects, most notably a feeling of 'presence' and some cevs. I quite liked it, but not enough to take for kicks.

yeah, there was a great thread on that...but where is it? I couldnt find it

hmm, i asked my doc for rohypnol and he would not give it to me saying it's a date rape drug, how stupid is that guy. he obviously doesn't think that way of stilnox, which he claimed have no addictive potential, and i'd say he's wrong again...

anyway stilnox hardly has any effect on me, but sometimes it did help me to sleep. with rohypnol i always stayed awake aswell, it's a nice sensation. i stay well clear of that stuff as it's very addictive. i lked magadon aswell which is quite weak like stilnox. i never had any cev's or any other halus from them.

i asked my doc for rohypnol and he would not give it to me saying it's a date rape drug, how stupid is that guy.

it's interesting that you mention that. i recently attended a talk by paul dillon from the NDARC and he spoke a little about date rape drugs. the latest theory is that it's actually stilnox that's being slipped into people's drinks, because of reports of extremely unusual behaviour e.g. total prudes having a few drinks then deciding to get completely naked at a party. he said that this theory isn't well-known, and he didn't want it getting out in case it gives would-be rapists ideas. so keep it to yourselves, mmmkay?

stilnox are fuct
can't agree.

in my opinion they work really well for what they're supposed to. as sobriquet said

Most people who are using it just for sleep wouldn't ever experience any of this stuff.

it's like saying seroquels are fucked because the hallucinations are really dissociative

some interesting info here, the 'Ambien vault'

http://www.erowid.org/pharms/zolpidem/

there were some posts a while ago re zolpidem...or was that at EBA? Cant remember.

I've taken stilnox a few times, and was intrigued by the unusual effects, most notably a feeling of 'presence' and some cevs. I quite liked it, but not enough to take for kicks.

yeah, there was a great thread on that...but where is it? I couldnt find it

http://www.guardian.co.uk/medicine/story/0,,1870279,00.html

I have taken 12.5mg and felt only tired, what dose ranges are you guys taking to trip?!

From what I've read 15-20mg seems to be a nice level.

People who have doubled on the 20s have not had a good time.

(mostly).