The Corroboree
SaBReT00tH

Drug Dogs Enjoy Schoolies 2006 Festival

Hey guys,

just saw on the news tonight about how drug dogs are going to be everywhere in the Adelaide schoolies festival this year. Is it the same in other states?? From first glance this really saddens me in the sense that these dogs will pose a fearful threat to those with substances such as ecstasy or marijuana which bliss one out in a peaceful way, so instead of people taking those substances they will instead abuse alcohol through binge drinking. This will actually lead to a higher number of violent, abusive people at schoolies who may be involved in a lot more vandalism, abuse, sexual assaults, brawls and fights (as seen 2 years ago at the alcohol fueled Crown Hotel riots at Victor Harbour schoolies, one of the biggest schoolie destinations in Australia) when they otherwise could have been mellowing out somewhere peacefully or empathetically dancing the night away with love on their mind whilst they're on something like E for example. What do you other members think??

Edited by SaBReT00tH

The cops released some propaganda not long before schoolies began that they had smashed drugs rings that had been preparing to supply.

Police this week smashed organised drug rings targeting Schoolies and Gold Coast police Acting Superintendent Jim Keogh said anyone found dealing or possessing drugs would be arrested.

"Sniffer dogs will be used but right on the outsides of the precinct," he said. "Unless there's a specific operation or specific need to bring the dogs inside the precinct, they won't be there."

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0...5003406,00.html

But that's just for GC.

They are using the dogs at the major WA schoolies destinations too. It really doesn't make sense though... when is the last time someone with a joint came up to you and started giving you grief or vandalised something? It just doesnt happen, alcohol does that. Perfectly legal alcohol... :slap:

yes, apothecary, on the news a few days ago it said it was $1 million worth of methamphetamine bound for schoolies celebrations. Seemed strange to me that it was automatically assumed to be bound for something like this.

Onto the next part of this topic, the latest news about the police presence at schoolies has further escalated with promises of random searches of cars, AND GET THIS: Cops walking around with video cameras!!!!!!

Unbelievable! but see this is the global agenda. What WILL happen globally, has just happened in the UK too. All cops in the UK will now have built in video cameras (into their helmets I believe) which will capture everything. They will also have small screens on their belts so they can instantly replay footage if needed. Here's a little more info on some of the latest technology being implemented by the Big Brother state. (http://www.infowars.net/articles/november2...6bigbrother.htm)

Can please someone tell me how Random searches of cars is LEGAL without evidence of suspicion of illegal activities??? And AREN'T there privacy laws which prevent unlawful video taping of a person without their consent??

The camera discussion has been going on for a long time.

Nobody on the civil rights side is complaining about cops having cameras attached to them at all times, because it is almost guaranteed to catch police abuse at some point or another.

The issue is the cops have the option to turn off the cameras as they see fit. Probably when they know they are about to break the law. I see no reason personally why the cops should be allowed to switch the cameras off except for 'privacy breaks' where another cops should be watching them anyway.

The cops carrying cameras around is a different issue and has been going on for just as long.

Cops have been routinely videoing/photographing the licence plates of people who attend protests/certain festivals/etc etc for as long as DV and cameras have existed.

This sucks. They are essentially gathering info on 'undesirables'.

I like the scene in the Godfather movie where the cops are photographing all the cars at the Dons wedding at the mafioso come down and break their camera and throw a few bucks on the ground to pay for it. This is how I feel.

Civil disobedience: Throwing water filled ballons at cops with video cameras.

Nobody on the civil rights side is complaining about cops having cameras attached to them at all times, because it is almost guaranteed to catch police abuse at some point or another.

Not to mention prevent it in the first place.

Civil disobedience: Throwing water filled ballons at cops with video cameras.

Careful, that could be construed as sedition. :unsure: