The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
ramon

Entities

Been thinking about this phenomena of encountering entities in altered states of consciousness.

It seems to me that if more then one person was able to describe similar entities and they also had the same name this might provide some evidence for this phenomena been actual.

I ask for people to send me via PM a description and name of any entities they may have encountered. I think via PM would be best as this would avoid making the information public and therefore invalidating and matches if they occur.

I guess it would also be good to know if you have previously shared this information with other members.

id love to know your findings if possible. ive been curious myself as ive encountered a few. i often ask people about their encounters, so far ive notice about 3 re-occourances in people who didnt know each other, tho it doesnt conclusivly proove anything as there are major psychological factors involed such imprinting not just by other people, but also musical tastes, art, environment, fears and expectations. also ritual is invloved, not nessesarily anything along the lines of magick, but even recreation of the events pryor to ones previous encounter. eg setting, music, mindset, environment, substance and dose.

tho its far from conclusive i still find it rather interesting.

Edited by Amulte

id love to know your findings if possible. ive been curious myself as ive encountered a few. i often ask people about their encounters, so far ive notice about 3 re-occourances in people who didnt know each other, tho it doesnt conclusivly proove anything as there are major psychological factors involed such imprinting not just by other people, but also musical tastes, art, environment, fears and expectations.

still find it rather interesting.

Of course I would put up the results here after they have collated.

this will be very interesting! what a cool idea :)

Cant say i know any by name though...lately I have more often been thinking about the feeling of being guided/instructed from afar, and about faith.

Never really bought into the whole 'faith' thing before...always associated the word with conventional (judeo-christian monotheistic) notions of God, of belief...but more and more it is taking on another meaning, or rather, a feeling, living presence.

ahhh

Names to me will be the most important factor.

On the 2 occassions I have encountered any entities they have been kind enough to provide me with names when questioned.

One of these names with a simlar description would be enough to start me seriously believing in this sort of thing

Been thinking about this phenomena of encountering entities in altered states of consciousness.

I have a silly fetish for books often lumped in the "Mysterious World" genre at book shops, and it often gets me reading lame brain quasi-fiction / quasi-science from authors like Colin Wilson, Eric Von Daniken and their ilk.

Though I find his style laborious, and his personal interjections and travelogues tedious, Graham Hancock's new book "Supernatural" covers exactly this material in some detail, drawing on shamanistic cave art, fairy myth, UFO abduction accounts, religous texts and miracles, Rick Strassman's DMT research and more in an effort to synthesize a coherent view on psychedelic consciousness. It fails to find any answers of course, but its a nice exploration by an author confronting / discovering pschedelics for the first time.

Edited by auto

Only received 3 PM's to date

Watched the movie Constantine today and the similarities between on of the characters and and entity I have expereinced where too similar to be ignored.

The entity I experienced was a black vodoo priest called "pappa joe". He seemed neutral but barely tolerant which seems to fit the character " Pappa Midmight " of the movie very well.

So I guess I am swayed towards the argument that it is all coming out of my head and that our memory is near perfect even if we don't normally have access to it.

I have only once before seen the film when it first came out.

Ive encountered some pretty strange things - but most of them 100% straight and clear-headed. Infact when I lived in a haunted house one of the ways you could ensure that you WOULDNT have an experience was to get stoned or take mushrooms. Seemed to desensitise that part of the mind rather than stimulate it, whereas sleep and the period of pre-sleep were sitting duck time for the ghostie.

A psyche student did a thing on me at a pub the other month and it tripped me right out. Proved just how strong the unconscious mind is - when you are 100% certain of something paranormal being real and then you see the evidence for yourself that it isnt, it makes you doubt things.

Ive seen UFOs and ive heard and felt ghosts in this haunted house we lived in - UFOs ive seen both straight and tripping - and the later freaked me the fuck out - big shiny object 10 degrees above the sun just hovering there as if monitoring us. Super weird.

Straight we saw them in the Northern Territory where local sky watchers say they are a nightly occurence and act as if they are as common and as interesting as the stars themselves...

In terms of 'entities' while out of my skull - ive felt a malevolent force - or not so much malevolent, more just 'driven' and completely alien to emotion or empathy - wasnt really a pleasant feeling. I would say this thing had any real form just more a feeling and an understanding. Couldnt wait for that dose to end...

Will pm you soon Ramon,the last few nights in the lab have worn me out :wink: