The Corroboree
bit

New gigantic cactus

Hi all

I have just acquired the biggest potted cactus I have ever seen in NZ. I believe it's scop or pachanoi, and stands around 3m tall including the pot.

I had the seller help me load it into my car, but now I'm home there's no way the wife and I can unload it. I was wondering if there's any friendly souls in the area who could help me out this evening? Beer for helpers?

Cheers

Edited by bit

Sounds like a nice score Bit, any chance of a few pics?

I hope that you didnt sit it in your car like the last monster you needed help moving :lol: , come to think of it, how did you fit a 3mtr cactus in your car :scratchhead:

Sounds like a nice score Bit, any chance of a few pics?

I hope that you didnt sit it in your car like the last monster you needed help moving :lol: , come to think of it, how did you fit a 3mtr cactus in your car :scratchhead:

Like this.. and don't ask me how much it cost.. you'll die.

IMG_8308_lo.jpg

IMG_8307lo.jpg

IMG_8306lo.jpg

IMG_8305lo.jpg

Man that is huge. :drool:

I did have an elaborate idea involving a wheel barrow and alot of tricky maneuvers but shit that looks heavy. Hope you find someone to give you a hand :)

Man that is huge. :drool:

I did have an elaborate idea involving a wheel barrow and alot of tricky maneuvers but shit that looks heavy. Hope you find someone to give you a hand :)

Hmmm... wheelbarrow might be where it's at given I have to wheel it up the slope behind the house. There's no way this guy will fit on my deck!

Since I posted it over at thenook, it cost me $15 NZ.. if you can believe it.

:o $15 dollars. Farrrrrrkkkkkkkkk me.

If you can slide the pot back into a wheel barrow then you will just need a friend or two to make sure she doesnt snap under her own weight. It will be a bit fiddley but slow and steady wins the race.

chortle chortle

:lol:

Help arrived not long ago.. here it is in it's home... hope you can get an impression of the size from this pic. I'll post some better ones in the light tomorrow :)

IMG_8311lo.jpg

Hi Bit,

congratulations for getting a Scop that big! Was it expensive? It´s surely an adorable plant! How have you been able to drive with that monster in your car?

bye EG

:blink:

That's easily 6ft without the pot!

Whip those pups off,get them calloused and rooted and she may pump out some more before the seasons out.

Top score bit.

Hi Bit,

congratulations for getting a Scop that big! Was it expensive? It´s surely an adorable plant! How have you been able to drive with that monster in your car?

bye EG

Thanks :) It was only NZ$15. I drove VERY carefully. Picked it up from about 20km from home. I'll take the pups off tonight :)

It measures 2.5 metres from the soil.. 8.2 feet! :D

any ideas on potency???

id love to get my hands on an uber scop!!!

any peeps had good experiences with scops?

Damn thats a great score for $15 bit, well done. So how long did it take to get out of the car?

any ideas on potency???

id love to get my hands on an uber scop!!!

any peeps had good experiences with scops?

No idea.. I believe it can be as potent as pachanoi?

Didn't take long to get outta the car, once we started moving it we had to keep going or it would have been impossible to start again! hehe.

Could the fuzzy areoles be flower buds? :D

I really would like to repot it so I can show off the other side, but how on earth would I re-stabilize it? I think I would definitely have to cut it down to a more manageable size?

IMG_8315lo.jpg

IMG_8314lo.jpg

IMG_8313lo.jpg