The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Salviador

Solar panel rebate removed despite sustainable energy funding

will do, i want a panel for my very own.....but i live in a unit atm :(

he removes rebates on solar power.
---gotta find the money to give the drought stricken farmers from somewhere :angry:

sorry it was 125 million oops, here i was thinking it was a significant amount of money

what teh drought-stricken farmers still using archaic european-style farming techniques in a country that couldnt be less suitable? I mean if i set up a hairdressing salon in a street of other salons and go bust will i get a grant? fuck no... yet if i decide to work in an industry that has never been viable, and then they threaten to close it down (tasmanian woodchipping) I complain and get a nice payout and settlement as well as benefits while i get to look for a new and viable job - swinging electorates are great if you live in them i guess...

Actually i thought it was interesting that while howard tells us that there is no chance that solar power could ever have the capacity for base-load generation, Spain is using aussie technology and knowhow to do exactly that - cover baseload generation... He's so well researched...

Thats the fucked up thing about the government.

What happens when a big business goes bust? (by bust, I mean, the entire board give themselves pay-rise after pay-rise, and fuck everyone else over) They get government handouts to help out. Where to the handouts go? To the same board to distribute.

What happens when a small business goes bust? We go bankrupt, and get told to suck eggs. What happens to our employees? They get the same short end of the stick the small business owner gets.

Fair?

Well, we (as a whole) voted for them. The two-party system is shit.

I should stop before I go on for hours! :lol:

There certainly are areas that need depopulating out there

but if they move to the overcrowded cities how will that help?

The very last people who should be bashing farmers though are propped up urbanites

whoes involvemnet in domestic service industries actually contributes nothing to the GDP

yet get all the tax funded services

Im not against drought relief

it should be bigger

but should have more strings

i mean if you cant plant wheat that year you should get assistance and debt relief

- as food production is a measure of national security

but it should be tied to a 'mutual obligation' of compulsory landcare targets

if you cant plant wheat you should be removing weeds, fencing off creeklines, gullys and scalds etc. and preparing ground for windbreaks and shelterbelts

we need people out there to look afte this large continent. if we desert it, the goats, weeds and other ferals will destroy it entirely

Good to have you back in the mix Rev :wub:

I potted up that Datura, if you still want a cutting, pm me! (check blog for photos)