The Corroboree
hebrew

acacia ID

was curious if anyoen knew what this acacia is, it grows in the darlign ranges outside perth, my friend was curious what it may be. anyone have any idea?Picture101.jpg

Longissma?

Gee dude, try and pick a more genetically diverse spot why don't ya :lol: . The darling escarpment is apparently THE most genetically diverse place on earth as far as plants go, even more than the amazon or Madagascar :wacko: . The south west of western Australia is one of a handfull of "Eco Hotspots" Around the globe. This being based upon it's mass genetic diversity in both plants and animals. Great barrier is another hot spot, the Amazon, Madagascar I think, the galapigos and a few others.

Not to mention how many Acacias have become weedlike and spread far and wide. Planted as roadverge plants. Species maps are almost useless for I.D. IMO Just within 5km from my home I have counted over well 20 species, more like 50. :blink:

Edited by naja naja

Yeah just walking my dog in the mornings around Southern River there must be over 30+ different Acacia's, gonna have to put my Wattle CDs to good use ;)

IMO the flowers look wrong for Acacia longifolia & Acacia longissima! Im not good at Id's though!

wow naja naja i never knew that.

yeah i just said to my friend who has this in her garden that i would see if anyone knew what i might be.

acacias are hard to ID sometimes hey.

I have no idea what it is but definitely no longifolia or longissima. Like Cisumevil said the flowers are wrong. Members of juliflorae have flower spikes not balls.

thanks my friend will be happy to know what it is called, this plant is special to my friend so thanks :D

when you say variable do you mean alkaloids? she isnt interested to in the alkaloid make up but its interesting if it does.

when you say variable do you mean alkaloids? she isnt interested to in the alkaloid make up but its interesting if it does.

dunno if it's been tested, but i'd assume it to be inactive from taxonomy

variable in appearance.