The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
psycho0

Acacia sophorae?

does anyone know if this wattle contains DMT?

thanx

you are probably just better off testing things I think... forget about the whole species thing, and just go for ones that feel right or you find in Places of Power.

and they will work. They will usually find you.

"you are probably just better off testing things"

Thats how most poisons were discovered. Things like strychnine, cyanide, aconitine, etc. were originally classified as poisons because someone just tested them and the person that watched them die wrote it down. As for this species there isn't much info that I could find out there on the web. The best I found was tryptamines and histaminic alkaloids. Many histaminic alkaloids are allergenic, so smoking a alkaloidal extract could end up feeling like a hundred pissed off bees stung the inside of your lungs, or then again maby not- The question you should ask yourself is are you the one that wants to find out? I definatly wouldn't combine an extract of this with MAOIs!!!

why pick on the poisons? it's how everything was discovered. and that is what the question was about... acacia sophorae does not contain any poisonous alkaloidal fraction. It has been smoked and taken with an MAOI.

However it is questionable whether it usually contains tryptamines either, which is why I suggested to find one from a place that has power. That could make a difference (seems to with other species). I like the character of sophorae personally, and so although I can't confirm that it contains what psycho0 is looking for, I would like to see more done with it.

I answered his question the way I did because I knew it would not hurt him, and definitely would not hurt to get some first hand experience either. I could potentially say that a reply based on looking up info on the web is more potentially dangerous, given the questionable nature of what is on the web - whereas I know personally of more than one bioassay with the alkaloidal fraction of this plant. The reason I was a bit general too, is that there are more reliable plants that are easy to find... and they might call to him - so not to get limited by the notion of species - but you can tell when you meet the plant (I think). Try not to underestimate peoples intelligence... he is not going to run out and start eating datura berries just because I said to try some plants. Obviously he will go looking for some acacias that resemble maidenii et al.

eccles, you should have mentioned some of that in the first post. Is it possible that you could point us in the direction of the bioassays with and without MAOIs?

"Try not to underestimate peoples intelligence"

Sorry, I'm american. Over here many people try not to use their full level of intelligence, so its good to underestimate. (It sounds pessimistic, yes. But if you want proof just go to one of our public schools or listen to our politicians, Dubya is a prime example.)

Guest Mesqualero

Don't worry Auxin i agree with you on that point... though not particularly in these forums where the majority of the members are quite intelligent smile.gif ...

Though I fear, in general, Intelligence is being replaced by a sort of Brainwashed Numbness exuded from the unclean orifices of mainstream media....

Hi Auxin, yes I probably should have - sorry about that... in another universe I probably posted that post that response that you did wink.gif I suppose the type of post I make depends on the current mood I am in wink.gif

Unfortunately the bioassays of which I speak are not available online (unless they were posted to the Ethno-Aus forums... by carpeDMT... hint hint). I have also had some experience with the material (which I had not wanted to say before) and found it to contain something, but something that could not be vapourised. I did not investigate it any further.

I guess all I was trying to do was to loosen up peoples ideas about these trees and let them see that the rigid categories are somewhat imaginary... if they open their eyes, they will see which trees are calling to them smile.gif

thankyou for your post, which proved a foil of caution to my post smile.gif