The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
DocAzz

Anything to clean out the lungs?

I've just quit my job, due to health problems encountered with it. It involved alot of fumes and dust, and I don't think that the respirators supplied were sufficient. I've been coming home every day coughing (like a smokers-cough, but I don't smoke) and with a cracking headache.

Does anyone have anything they would recommend to clean out my lungs, or atleast aid in their recovery?

Datura, Lobelia and um...one other one I'm sure someone will mention are all known for cleaning out the lungs.

I imagine a vapouriser would be best so you are not inhaling particulate matter during the recovery.

Datura, Lobelia and um...one other one I'm sure someone will mention are all known for cleaning out the lungs.

I imagine a vapouriser would be best so you are not inhaling particulate matter during the recovery.

True to your name! :)

Pardon my lack of knowledge now, but are there oils of these that I can put into a vapouriser?

Elecampane is excellent..

it's more effective when used with long pepper (pippali) preferrably, or cardamom.

Add licorice root to make it more balanced.

If there is infection/fever/inflammation use mullein instead of elecampane, or use mostly mullein with lesser amount elecampane.

Try to eat soaked rasins (they should be dark colour)..just a small handful at a time, twice a day (avoid the ones with sulfur dioxide, it will say on the pack)

After you take those for a while (cleansing), you can add ashwagandha to the formula tonify/strengthen the lungs again, or if you get hold of the ayurvedic jam Chyawanprash, that's a great formula.

Edited by coin

Lyprinol is meant to be really good too.

i had a friend in hospital who was given it as a trial. apparently they had to reduce the dose because he was coughing up so much crap.....that wasn't the effect they were after.

Heya. I find smoking(yes smoking) Coltsfoot (Tussilago farfara i think) seems to do wonders with cleaning out the lungs and shaking loose any bong-kitis.

Smoke a few cones worth in a pipe, 2-3 at each night for a week and see how things go. You should notice a difference in the mornings, and usually cough up the oysters in the shower(humidity and heat work the lungs as well)

Also mullein has lung helping properties.

:bong: Bd

Lycium Berries are purported to moisten the lungs

Thanks BD.

Coltsfoot was the third one I was thinking about.

Realistically you can smoke all these herbs but they WILL be introducing more particulate matter to the lungs, so a vapouriser is always the better option.

Smoke a hit of brug to dry it out if there is no infection (in which case you'd want to cough it out)... drink lots of hot herbal teas and get that steam into you.

Also try stand in the shower with the fan off, aim the water away from you and turn it on fully hot for a few minutes taking long slow breaths of the hot steam.

You could also just try a cough medicine designed to break down mucus and cause you to cough up whatever is in your lungs - oh and if you have any hayfever the post nasal drip can contribute to the 'smokers cough' effect.