The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
DocAzz

Big Day Out

Who's going? Which one?

I'll be at the Sydney one.

going to the sydney one.

i'm sticking my neck out and predicting 2 concerts for sydney... why put the sydney BDO on a thursday, when you could put it on australia day (friday). and there's something odd about the fact that for the tour date schedule it says "event closes midnight" for sydney only.

going to the sydney one.

i'm sticking my neck out and predicting 2 concerts for sydney... why put the sydney BDO on a thursday, when you could put it on australia day (friday). and there's something odd about the fact that for the tour date schedule it says "event closes midnight" for sydney only.

Exactly. I assumed two Tool shows when I saw the BDO moved to the 25th, then I thought how quickly the last few BDOs have sold-out here.

I'll be at the adelaide one, can't wait to see the muse and of course TOOL!!!! Guess tools headlining, should be amazing seeing them play a long set at the end of the night in the dark outside,

Can't wait to see the rest of the lineup hopefully they have some good boiler room acts, last year the boiler room was pretty average.

Cant wait to see the herd, hope there is as much good quality oz hiphop as last yr. Last yr was a really good one for any oz hip hop fan.

going to the sydney one.

Overtime plus public holiday bonuses. its always economics.

:( ive never been but i can finally afford it, too bad ill be (hopefully) working in gippsland basin

Out of curiousity, does anybody know how quickly the tickets sell out to the gold coast BDO? Anybody else going there? I've gone on such a big spending spree with festivals for this summer that i've made myself completly broke for the month at least :/ I might have to hock my tv. Anything to see tool.

ive never known a GC BDO to sell out but then ive never known tool to play BDO!

Got my tickets already :wink:

hock ur tv i say. Who needs tv anyway?!

hock ur tv i say. Who needs tv anyway?!

That's right, thats why i would hock it.. It currently is serving a much better purpose as a coffee table at the moment :P

Who needs tv anyway?!

Kids?

Try to shelter your little one from it and he'll hate you for it... later...

Plus where am I gonna watch all the dvds i rip off the net?

never been to a BDO but one time could always be the first time...

how much for a ticket?

When is it?

its in january Gom. tickets are sittin around $130 these days :ana:

and kids dont need tv ;) they do however need constant mental stimulation so a backyard is always good! :P

Good point. There was this girl in primary school that everybody used to tease because she wasn't allowed to watch tv. I guess at that age there is a lot of pressure to be a "normal" kid.

Give it a go Gom, it's going to be sunday the 21st at the gold coast. Tickets are $115 and more on the door.

$115? i think i got rorted!

re tv, its not that i dont allow my kid to watch tv. We watch the simpsons together every night but as soon as its over he jumps up and turns it off himself! there is nothing but soaps, ads and right wing propaganda on other wise... def things we can do without imo :)

Come on guys.

If someone told you that you weren't allowed to watch TV they would probably hear you swearing at them.

Why shouldn't kids be allowed to make the choice of whether they want to watch TV or not themselves.

If you raise them right they will probably learn to hate it for all the same reasons you do.

to some degree i do allow my child to make his own choice with tv. But mostly his only 3 so a lil discretion from dad i think is in order. I agree with u tho apoth -raise them right and they will be able to make the right choice themselves.

i.e when a mc donalds ad comes on tv he says yuck dad! :lol::wub:B) he is still of course tempted by the toy ads :P

In the wisdom of homer simpson: 'children are great cos we get to teach them to hate all the things that we hate'. haha :D

Edited by transDiMenTional