The Corroboree
Fezza

Waiting time for posibile contaminates

Once I have my jars sterilised (well at least I think so), how long should I wait before possible contaminates will show their ugly face? If they were not killed in the sterilising process?

The reason I am asking is because, I'd rather be patient and not waste any spore prints (which I still haven't obtained), since its so bloody hard getting some.

Once I have my jars sterilised (well at least I think so), how long should I wait before possible contaminates will show their ugly face? If they were not killed in the sterilising process?

Are you using a pressure cooker?

If so you shouldn't really worry. The point where contams become a problem will be when you inoculate.

If not, wait a week or so. But if you make lots of jars, you still shouldn't really worry - an efficiently used print will go a long way.

The reason I am asking is because, I'd rather be patient and not waste any spore prints (which I still haven't obtained), since its so bloody hard getting some.

checked the free stuff thread? http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/inde...mp;#entry105777

there's been no shortage if you have somethign to offer in return

If I was you I would use the syringe right away and not worry about the contams - if you have sterilized the jars you shouldn't have a problem. When the mycelium does start growing you can transfer some onto agar and never run out again.!

Good luck

generally 2-6 days/.