The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
-bijanto-

My Banisteriopsis caapi Vine

My Banisteriopsis caapi. Received as rooted cutting from planthelper in January 2005. A significant part of the root had outgrown the pot so I cut them back and it was just okay after that, no sign of stress.

Here is the plant as of now (October 2006):

gallery_831_61_238056.jpg

And here's how it looked in February 2005:

gallery_831_61_4436.jpg

gallery_831_61_9729.jpg

Anyone care to post their ayahuasca picture here?

Edited by -bijanto-

gallery_36_2_126290.jpg

from SAB, maybe almost 3 years old now, can't remember exactly. had it in a pot that was far too small & it did nothing for many months..healthy now

it's out in the open like that because it had to be moved from its little alcove

Edited by coin

caapi can grow harvestable sized stems in pots, but they need to be MUCH bigger. I kept a plant in a 50cm pot for 3 years and got some short but very fat stems with thick bark. They are gross feeders once stablished, so keep up the water and food in summer.

you can't notice it close to the base, but it is starting to thicken up nicely.

i doubt i'd ever harvest it anyway

when spring hit, a lot of the leaves went yellowish and it looked a bit sick overall...then someone here decided to prune it back (massively) while i was away, and all the cuttings were thrown in a compost bin :rolleyes::huh:

so it looks quite different now

Very nice vines guys. That's a hell of a lot of growth Bijanto! Shows how much she loves the tropics.

I'd put a pic of mine up but I'm ashamed :blush: . It didn't winter too well and I'm still learning what's best for these guys.