The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Guest saucer-like

iodine bush

Guest saucer-like

Hi everyone, I just came across some iodine bushes(Tabernaemontana orientalis)But how can they be used? Would chewing the leaves be ok, Or the seeds, and how much? -thanks

Does anyone know how to get seeds off chinese star jasmine? I've tried polinating flowers but I'm still waiting for anything to happen with that. I think Thelema was selling some once would he or she know how?

i've had star jasmines for years, one of my faves. i've only managed to grow one seed pod and the seeds from that never sprouted. luckily i can propagate from cuttings and take dozens every year.

Guest Thelema

ive still got the pods..you can have as many as you like. Theyre getting old though, about 9 months.

BTW, maybe a swap would be great...I'd love some T.orientalis seed. PLease reserve some for me. I tried emailing you, but skater986 doesnt work. Could you please email me?

[This message has been edited by Thelema (edited 02 October 2002).]

i'd suggest drying leaves and/or bark[root prefered] and smoke asmall amount,say half a leaf to start.if you like the effect but find it a bit fuzzy headed,try adding a few square cms of brug to the mix.

would love some seed too!

t s t .

Guest saucer-like

I'm only really interested in learning how to pollinate jasmin properly so I can get lotsa fresh seeds. They are a stimulant right? There's CSjasmin growing everywhere around here and it seems like a good way to go if I could just pollinate the flowers. I will get seeds from iodine bush for whoever is interested.

I've heard of gnomes gnomioassaying Tabernaemontana orientalis bark and getting strong effects, along with temporary blindness during the trip. I'd really like to know what this blindness causing stuff is, and how feasible it might be to separate it from the iboga alkaloids...

Ibogaine itself can cause temp blindness, so this is not unusual for these alkaloids.

Just out of curiosity, is there any iodine content in the "iodine bush"? It may sound a silly question but I couldn't find anything on it when I UTFSE...

[ 18. June 2005, 07:50: Message edited by: 600538411 ]

NO ,there is no Iodine in the Iodine bush , Iodine can be leeched (or possibly sublimed) from Kelp or it can be made from other compounds.

Found a link to where they talk about extraction from kelp. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Iodine Extraction from Kelp

Don't suppose you know what sort of % iodine to expect from kelp? Do you think the raw powder, granules or pills may have differing concentrations also?

600538411:

Just out of curiosity, is there any iodine content in the "iodine bush"? It may sound a silly question but I couldn't find anything on it when I UTFSE...

I believe the name iodine bush relates to its indigenous use as an antiseptic for cuts and grazes, much like iodine (betadine) is used in western medicine.

I don't suppose anyone would like to swap some t. orientalis seeds with me? I have loads of different kinds of seeds I can swap. My shipping method uses an ordinary envelope and always seems to get through. There is no problem sending stuff to me. We have lazy laid back customs people.

Stoney

quote:

We have lazy laid back customs people.[/QB]

Lucky you

i have seed but they are way too old

i have aplant from this seed tho and i hope itl seed this coming year.

seems to have much longer living seed than some of its relatives

i still have a heap of leaf n bark

so whats a dose?