The Corroboree
eho2cacti

Seeds available $3

Fresh seeds from Australia:

Lophophora Williamsii

Ariocarpus Bravoanus v. Hintonii

Astrophytum Asterias (endangered in habitat)

Astrophytum Asterias Hybrid

Echinocactus Horizonthalonius v. Platyacanthus (endangered in habitat)

Ferocactus Recurvus f. SPIRAL

I don't know much about international trade, so I'll keep it local (australia)

Fresh seeds from Australia:

Lophophora Williamsii

Ariocarpus Bravoanus v. Hintonii

Astrophytum Asterias (endangered in habitat)

Astrophytum Asterias Hybrid

Echinocactus Horizonthalonius v. Platyacanthus (endangered in habitat)

Ferocactus Recurvus f. SPIRAL

I don't know much about international trade, so I'll keep it local (australia)

Is that 3$ each? or how many?

Is that 3$ each? or how many?

I PM'd to find out what the $3 buys also, but it appears this fly-by-nite vendor has closed shop pretty quickly after getting some criticism of prices in another thread.

Torsten made a somewhat cryptic remark about this poster having a familiar ring about their style.

All I could think of was that it was "mexicali / gollumscacti" back with a different handle to sell his wares. Perhaps Torsten knows more?

Torsten made a somewhat cryptic remark about this poster having a familiar ring about their style.

All I could think of was that it was "mexicali / gollumscacti" back with a different handle to sell his wares. Perhaps Torsten knows more?

Not 100% sure, but that sounds just about right....

I probably wouldn't have noticed if he hadn't misspelled his own suburb :rolleyes: (a good indication of faking it)

For anyone unaware of the background, mexicali has threatened other members here (previous customers of his) with informing the authorities of their cactus possessions. Other members had to wait 3 months to get their ebay wins from him even though that member posted, PMed and emailed regularly to obtain his plant. And all mexicali also said that all ethnobotanical enthusiasts are just druggies and he doesn't need or want the business from druggies. Mexicali was banned by the cactus mod and myself for refusing to edit a post littered with personal insults directed at another member (see *ebay* thread in this forum).

Proceed at own risk.

Sorry if this sounds pedantic or stuffy, but the use of capitals for the species doesn't inspire confidence.

I frequently approached mexicali about acquiring seed.

I even went to the effort of trying to meet with him, and procured a large amount of ethnobotanical seeds and plants inorder to do a pre negotiated trade for bulk seed.

He stood me up digitally and physically. (not to mention the whole ega wankathon)

I would hate to see a real and genuine supplier cop the backlash from one dodgy apple.

So eho2cacti,

if you are not mexicali, please dont feel offended, the forums have just been burnt by a regular dickhead and want to insure quality control.

if you are mexicali, then i guess youve already got the message... but maybe u wanna clean ur ears out and try making ammends and rectifying the situation before you seek to create more relationships and interactions within our community.

Edited by ({E})