The Corroboree
Shroom-Aura

request

Does anyone have Toadstools and Mushrooms and other Larger Fungi of South Australia by J. B. Cleland? I just need a bit of info - the location where Panaeolus acuminatus was found. I would look it up myself but I havent seen the book in it's usual place at my uni library for quite some time, i think it may be gone.

while im requesting, I might mention that I'm interested in the following journal articles. Does anyone have or know where to obtain these?

Young, A. M. (1989). The Panaeoloideae (Fungi, Basidiomycetes) of Australia.

Australian Systematic Botany 2: 75-97.

Cleland, J.B. & Cheel, E.C. (1915b), Notes on Australian fungi, No. I, J. & Proc. Roy. Soc.

New South Wales 48: 433-443.

Young, A. M. (1989). The Panaeoloideae (Fungi, Basidiomycetes) of Australia.

Australian Systematic Botany 2: 75-97.

I'll be able to help you out with this later on today when I do some journal hunting of my own...

Does anyone have Toadstools and Mushrooms and other Larger Fungi of South Australia by J. B. Cleland? I just need a bit of info - the location where Panaeolus acuminatus was found. I would look it up myself but I havent seen the book in it's usual place at my uni library for quite some time, i think it may be gone.

Dude, I have some good news for you..

Author Cleland, John Burton, Sir, 1878-

Title Toadstools and mushrooms and other larger fungi of South Australia.

Publisher Adelaide : Govt. Printer, 1934-35.

Access in-library Call Number Status

Biol Sci@Level 4 SS&H QK617 .C5 1934-35 PT.2 AVAILABLE

This may not be SA, but its at my uni library, so i'll get it out tomorrow.

Just tell me what pages you need scanned.

Edited by Fezza

cheers for replying guys. fez, if you could photocopy the page/s on Panaeolus acuminatus, Psilocybe subaeruginosa and Flammala purpuratus that would be great. thanks

yeah i dont remember Cleland's books actually providing locations of collections. Maybe the herbarium in SA could provide you with some?

actually the beauty of Cleland's 1934/35 book "Toadstools and Mushrooms and other Larger Fungi of South Australia" is that he lists where his specimes were obtained. for example Gymnopilus purpuratus (listed in the book as Flammmala purpurapata) was found in Pt Lincoln and Big Swamp. it also says that he collected Psilocybe subaeruginosa from Mt. Lofty, Belair National Park and one or two other locations i can't rememer. How can i get into contact with the SA herbarium though? more locations couldnt hurt. btw, thanks to creach, i just need that Cleland journal now, if anyone out there has it.

Hi Trich-Aura,

This is the best I could do.. Not sure if you noticed, but my uni only has Part II of the book.

so what I've done is got it out anyway. And copied the index for your veiwing pleasure. So you can tell me what you need from Part II, Please bear in mind that Part II starts at page 180, so any pre-180 pages would belong to part I of the books.

http://etrio.net/Binder1.pdf

Sorry this is all I can do...

There is this one at the library:

Author Grgurinovic, C. A. (Cheryl A.), 1958-

Title Larger fungi of South Australia / by C.A. Grgurinovic

Publisher Adelaide : Botanic Gardens of Adelaide and State Herbarium and Flora and Fauna of South Australia Handbooks Committee, 1997.

Peace, and happy hunting