The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
_e_

MAPS at burning man & entheon village

The burning man in the U.S. is in the desert 100 miles from nowhere.

As anything else the more well known the less fun it is.

I can remember going to something called, 'The festival of the Flying Things' and didn't even make it due to cop pullovers that heard about it.

Really messed up on pscilocybin at the time so just as glad I had the option to turning back when I was in the police stop car line.

Last time two planes tried to fly in and broke the front landting wheel off in the sand.

In deserts its gets really hot in the day and real cold at night.

So a dusty hot/cold situation with people on haullucenogins stumbling around there to see a pyrotechnic show.

A better idea is the Aus outback.

MAPS will make available information acknowledging and addressing legitimate and irrational fears concerning psychedelic experiences, and report on the groundbreaking state-of-the art scientific research into the benefits of these potentially transformative passages. CoSM will offer inspirational visionary art,

------------------------------------------------------------------

Nobodys waiting on the news that can be handed down by elitists.

We already have such.

burning man starts in the next few days - from what i can see it would be heaps of fun and a very interesting experience!

A point to make is the counterculter is marginalized to the middle of the desert.

So it makes it a ordeal ritual rather than a fun situaltion.

So someone could say I went to Burning Man festival.

I rather have a magarita in a lawn chair in Bermuda islands.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/5296196.stm

The 10,000-strong FLDS split from the Mormon Church more than a century ago after the latter renounced polygamy. The sect dominates the towns of Colorado City, in Arizona, and Hildale, Utah, less than a mile awa____________-----------------

-------------------------------------------------

I am expert on cults and the creation of such.

wow - ive always wanted to go to the burning man - i watched a show the other night about a group of artists that put something together -it was so cool.

wow - ive always wanted to go to the burning man - i watched a show the other night about a group of artists that put something together -it was so cool.

Yeah, saw that. The Giant Toilet. The male artist involved didn't really appreaciate his artwork being used as a canvas :lol:

I won't there and the last time was a lethal overdose.

As a ordeal ritual such things will occur.

Bring out the dead.

As a artistic event, a different thinking way might occur.

I camped in entheon village, directly behind MAPS. Maps had three domes, one was a gallery of original visual art from people like Mark Henson who camped next to me. He was camped with a medicinal plant grower from Costa Rica who gave me a bunch of free samples to analyze. One of the MAPS domes was a high dome that was made up to look like Alex Grey's Chapel of Sacred Mirrors. Alex Grey was there drawing and talking to people. The third dome served as both a music venue and lecture space. I heard the Shulgin's and Nick Sand speak there. They also had performances in the evening. Here's a fire spinner in the MAPS dome.

maps.jpg

The rest of the evenings were usually trance etc. till past dawn for whole week in that dome..

Here's my favorite art piece....the cubatron. It's a three dimensional array of full spectrum LEDS hung in a circular array showing constantly moving patterns of color. It's something you have to see in motion to appreciate. There was a pattern that simulated the splash of a milk drop for example, and a spider crawling on a web.

cube1.jpg

I recommend going to burning man.

So some bulbs a person can buy in at a 1$ dollar store that can be bought at Wallmart.

Will we all stand around astonishished as the 200$ portable gas generators start making the electric juice.

The lights were designed by the artist with a custom digital interface. He codes in C and I think he'll be selling the light strands. I talked to him quite a bit about the programming. He wrote the sequence codes for the light patterns before the device was built at burning man. He wrote a 3-D simulator for this to visualize what the patterns would look like from various angles and distances.

http://nw.com/nw/triklits/

The light art is interesting.

If one used had a laser pointer and gyrated by a actuator [computer contolled] to fixed mirrors a similar effect could be created that one could walk through without having a net of lights that one can't walk through?

Positive to see those involved in this event, are pursuing avenues to compensate for the pollution emissions created by it.

Edited by noun