The Corroboree
stonewolf

khat as a study aid?

I've been using stimulants every time i have to study for the last 3 or so years, be it a cup of coffee, gaurana, ritalin, dexamphetamine, methamphetamine....it doesnt matter, i just cant focus unless im that little bit more wired. Would khat work well enough for that purpose?

as far as toxicity goes, doesn't seem as though you'd be doing your brain many favours...

if you're looking for a good stimulant with minimal side-effects i recommend you read into modafinil, this has been a wonder drug from the heavens for me.

post-157-1154515864_thumb.jpg

Yes!! Khat strain 4 is excellent for focusing on a task. I always use it when Im home and need to make devious plans :devil:

as far as toxicity goes, doesn't seem as though you'd be doing your brain many favours...

if you're looking for a good stimulant with minimal side-effects i recommend you read into modafinil, this has been a wonder drug from the heavens for me.

I havent been able to find modafinil in the past when searching for it, doctors have no idea, neither do chemists it would seem. It might have something to do with brisbane being a backwater, or maybe its just banned in queensland, i dont know. Where do you get it from?

I havent been able to find modafinil in the past when searching for it, doctors have no idea, neither do chemists it would seem.

Have you tried any enquires about Modavigil? That is what it is marketed as in Australia.

A search on online pharmacies will reveal, but it requires a prescription.

-bumpy

yeah it's marketed as modavigil in australia, but it's very expensive, about $5 a 100mg tablet. if you buy a generic version from india e.g. sun pharmaceuticals "modalert" then you can get it down to ~$1 for 200mg.

other tradenames include modavigil, provigil and alertec. it's a little harder to get a hold of from online pharmacies but if you look it's there. i think the patent expires sometime this year meaning it'll be a lot easier to get the generics.

most doctors have never heard of it as it's only really for narcolepsy. unlike other stimulants it's a selective adrenergic agonist of the hypothalamus, which regulates sleep. i got my doctor to write me a script as he worked on it the US when they were releasing it in a decade or so ago. for its stimulatory effects it's remarkably non-addictive, on par with caffeine i reckon.

doesn't Khat make you constipated? I like to use Yerba Mate, delicious, anti-depressant, and stimulating :)

doesn't Khat make you constipated?

Not if you swallow the cud (good fibre source) :P

Not if you swallow the cud (good fibre source) :P

so would it, aherm, have the opposite effect?