The Corroboree
wazzad

NSW - ACT - Hunting tips?

Hello all,

I have been finding it hard to come up with habitatual information on Australian Psyclobie species.

I thought I might start this thread to hopefully suck some first hand information on

Habitat, Look-A-likes, Seasonal information or anything else that may assist myself and others to maybe one day track down one of these little fella's

Peace

wazz

hey man i used to live in wagga nsw and would frequent canberra botanical gardens so i feel that you must know where to find some research subs to explore and expand your knowledge. so here once in carpark follow path up towards the sub area and look near gum trees in gardens everywhere.i have not looked this season but good luck all.

th_58201_clip_image002_392lo.jpg

The Botanic Gardens are a regular spot but beware the rangers, they really get the shits with people tramping through the gardens searching for mushrooms, They will come and get you! Namadgi National park can be ok too. I havn't looked for years but we have had some heavy rains in the last few weeks. ! I'm sure they are waiting to be found!

Its good to have another ACT person on here. :)

hey man i used to live in wagga nsw and would frequent canberra botanical gardens so i feel that you must know where to find some research subs to explore and expand your knowledge. so here once in carpark follow path up towards the sub area and look near gum trees in gardens everywhere.i have not looked this season but good luck all.

th_58201_clip_image002_392lo.jpg

Someone told me that they used to pick liberty caps growing in the grass on parliament house - but i dont know if that is actually true.

Try looking for liberty caps in grass around the suburbs red hill, forrest, manuka, kingston - these suburbs are right near parliament house. The older Burley Griffin suburbs are your best bet for liberty caps.

You might also find some subs at the following places:

Fernhill corporate business park, near university of Canberra - heaps of moist woodchipped shrub beds

New landscaped beds around Aranda, O'Connor and the AIS.

Stromolo forest

Uriarra forests and the brindabellas on verges between forestry/pine plantations and NP (look for graffiti on the Armco barriers saying 'mushies' along brindabella road).

Gibralter rock/falls, near the pine plantations.

Gudgenby/yankee hat area of namadgi (near the old pine plantations).

Tallaganda state forest on the way to Queanbeyan

Black Mtn (botanical gardens), Mt Anslie, Mt Majura.

Royal and Federal golf course's.

Look out for irrigated garden beds or periods of extended heavy damp rain in the natural areas.

Not sure what effect the ACT bushfires have had on mycelium though!?

Botanika,i wish u lived in Syd and just gave me a detailed description like that..

Wazz you should have no probs now