The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
themagicmushroom

What's with the trance scene these days?

I also don't think Talpa is dark.

yah probably a bad example but hes got a couple of tracks that really put me in a nasty palce... trust no goblin and multiple orgasm disorder, nasty :devil:

I like techno, and used to love the old techno bush (Junglepunks) and warehouse (old Vibe Tribe crew, tribot etc..) parties put on in and around Sydney (primarily). Great times, great parties. Good techno parties are few and far between these days..

I love the idea of doofs, but I'm not a huge psy trance head though I do appreciate the dark and light sides of the music. I find 8/16 or whatever hours of trance a bit much, just as I'd 8/16 hours of techno too much. There needs to be more variation!

At at the irregular doofs I have gone to, there always tends to be an amount of aggro or stand-offish people, or people that act rather thoughtlessly around others, whatever substances they may have taken. As a result, I can often feel uncomfortable and certainly don't achieve the psychedelic utopia I'm looking for should I head down that path... That said, I've met quite a few cool people and in hindsight have had a good time at most parties over the past few years..

just Re: scenesters

ive never been able to make it to that level

in the doof scene im a nobody from nowhere who does anonymous things on the dancefloor

best place to be. :)

Fractal 3... so you got screwed by sprouts too eh?

sorta. I spent 15 hours on the gate during the wet saturday night...the thing about sprouts is, hes an awsome journey-man. get him to organise a time, an area and the musical flow and take care of the rest for him and the partys have massive potential. to much of a hippie to be organising the budget for four-stage partys though.... i'm not bitter, i just reckon he needs to talk (and listen) to people more... dude ain't making friends at the moment through his attitude towards his crew/friends/the DJs he invited to ff3... meh, I keep out of the politics. I have no qualms working with the dude again, just gotta let him do what he does best and keep him away from the budget/money/politics.

[

like techno, and used to love the old techno bush (Junglepunks) and warehouse (old Vibe Tribe crew, tribot etc..) parties put on in and around Sydney (primarily). Great times, great parties. Good techno parties are few and far between these days..]

Exactly!! I like the idea of Doof aswell, but psy-trance just doesn't seem to do it

Carl Craig was the most psy event I've experienced in the past few years, but yeah, that Junglepunks era was a great time!

I find the psy trance forums oztrance and australiens totally pathetic, there just a breeding ground for negativity, back stabbing and jelousy. Even with the local adelaide trance forum it only took one idiot to come on and start stirring things up for the whole mood and vibe of the forum to change.

I've only been going to psy parties since late 2004 so i'm still a newbie but feel very lucky i've been introduced to the trance phenomena in adelaide. I love it how here in adelaide the organisers really put effort into getting local people to put energy into creating music and art for the parties.

Oh and Apothecry you'll find the dark stuff grows on you after a while, i really didn't get into the darker late night stuff at the start but it grew on me and now i'm trying to make some myself :D Its good for working with to dance out the dark stuff inside of you

Well 10+ years of doofing has taught me not to take the scene to seriously. Yes we can have some very profound and powerful moments out on the dance floor, but drugs and DJing bring with it large egos and unattainable dreams. Bottom line is, if you are going to keep up a sustainable doofing lifestyle you will need to get over drugs and just respect the stars and sunrise and keep dancing. Plant substances and empathogens will steer you away from the ego factor but still best in moderation.

As for the music; no party is Psychedelic with only one genre of music.

I like to design TRIPTAMIND party’s (a little but fun Vic plant oriented Party crew) is in the following way.

Chill

Up-beat

Hard (Midnight)

Dark

Prog (sunrise)

Funky

Breaks

Chill

As for peoples expectations of party’s, some people travel all around the glob to go to these events, so it is natural that people get idea about what they wont out of the party, that is the magnet that draw them there. But most people just do not do enough research in to the party’s and crews running them, if they did they would be more likely to be satisfied with the environment the crew is designing. Sam I Am’s Mind over matter would be the best recent example of this.

As for the dark Psychedelic music, it is very much part of the death journey we often associate with Psychedelic drug experiences, and I love it, but no need to lay it on all night, and with sunrise comes the rebirth and it is time to get realign and upbeat. There is no light without dark and vice versa

As for the Adelaide crew thay are fantastic and have there shit together and it shows – much respect. You will find little crews around that are much more focused on plant drugs and Psychedelic, they are generally more grounded and not in it for the $$$.

As for the politics – there is that in every scene -you just got to wade throw the shit and find the real people underneath.

I love doofing, and hope to still be doofing and taking Doof pics in another 10 years.

:)

Edited by RonnySimulacrum

Amen.

Although I don't think prog should start 'til closer to midday..

My faith is restored. Thanks to T-Quest crew, I can now die happy:)

Anyone else come to the awakening? Wasn't that a sweet party? and only just over an hour from home, fuck yeah!! :)

Thanks for dancing with me, party ppl!!