The Corroboree
wisemonkey

Patches Destroyed

Have found some awesome patches for subs this year heavily fruiting but on going back to them recently I have found every single one completely picked out and every last strand of mycelia dug out as well. Knowing how well they were fruiting I dont understand why anybody would need to take so much even if they were intending to start new patches elsewhere. Drives me nuts as this just wrecks the patch for everyone including themselves. Anybody got any ideas to deter this???

Innoculate the patches with gallerinas and amanita phalloides and darwinism will take care of the rest. :bootyshake:

Sorry shouldn't even joke about that.

Have found some awesome patches for subs this year heavily fruiting but on going back to them recently I have found every single one completely picked out and every last strand of mycelia dug out as well. Knowing how well they were fruiting I dont understand why anybody would need to take so much even if they were intending to start new patches elsewhere. Drives me nuts as this just wrecks the patch for everyone including themselves. Anybody got any ideas to deter this???

i rekon doms idea would be a good lesson for them ,dude im no mycologist yet but i make guitars and one of them got ripped,now they are stored in a place that only i can get to, :bootyshake: cheers man sorry to hear the bad luck

lots of native aninals and birds can eat mycelium or other things that live in debris covered in it so sometimes that can be the culprit - blackbirds like to dig that kind of shit up too.

But that being said, where i went and saw about 100 nice fruits in and around April, went back and found two dudes in there with a bag full of shrooms and they had ripped everything up and insects did the rest...

I made the mistake of being seen picking mushrooms once and came back the next day and they were all gone. The thing is the peice of shit that saw me asked if they were shrooms and I told him no, and he asked if I was gonna sell them and I told him no.

Fucking greed kills muchrooms patches and sorry to sya, at least around here most people have no clue about what it takes for fungi to thrive. 11 out of 10 Americans strike me as idiots...

11 out of 10 Americans strike me as idiots...

I'd have to agree, but what has that got to do with patch raiders?

:saufen2: baseball bat the fuckers :P

seriously - if you catch them in the act maybe a talking to about mycelium networks and such might sink in - it's what afoaf did when he stumbled across some mcdonalds eating teenagers stomping around, oddly enough they did listen and started using different practices.

good luck bruz

I'd have to agree, but what has that got to do with patch raiders?

Patch raiders are idiots. Archaea lives in the US, but from I can gather does not identify with his nationality all that much :wink:

Innoculate the patches with gallerinas and amanita phalloides and darwinism will take care of the rest. :bootyshake:

lol! hehe that is highlarious :lol: darwinism ey ... sounds like a good plan to protect my patches :ph34r: j/k

Edited by Trich-Aura

I made the mistake of being seen picking mushrooms once and came back the next day and they were all gone. The thing is the peice of shit that saw me asked if they were shrooms and I told him no, and he asked if I was gonna sell them and I told him no.

Fucking greed kills muchrooms patches and sorry to sya, at least around here most people have no clue about what it takes for fungi to thrive. 11 out of 10 Americans strike me as idiots...

sorry to rain on your Parade Archaea

Its got nothing to do with Americans

its humanity in general

Canberra patches are being raped too this year.... went to <insert famous canberra picking spot> and the place was full of school kids (and i mean FULL, like 80 - 100 of 'em) getting "fucked up man", running around screaming, and kicking up mycelium all over the place, it was like a carpet of white :( I don't think the spot will recover for quite a few years... :( (I wanted to kill who ever had been talking... in 6 years of picking at this spot, I've NEVER seen so much devastation...)

:(:(:(:(:(

:unsure:

Meh.

:)

now that is sad...i so wish this wasnt happening because not only does it destroy patches, but also draws negative attention to the good medicine. it will only take one negative parent or teacher to start the ball rolling.. then once its public news something will have to be done.. of course...its never the dickless irresponsible childs fault...no never..

are you sure its human interference.?..i often wander about animals eating them.. especially possums.. i have a possum thats digs my garden up...usually where i had recently been.. including my patch..but luck was on my side as i had picked the day before..but he did dig into and destroy a large patch of myc....tripper!

are you sure its human interference.?..i often wander about animals eating them.. especially possums.. i have a possum thats digs my garden up...usually where i had recently been.. including my patch..but luck was on my side as i had picked the day before..but he did dig into and destroy a large patch of myc....tripper!

I have seen rabbits, possums & blackbirds very near some patches so would make a lot of sense. I like possums so they can share with me but rabbits & blackbirds... :uzi: