The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Northern Gnome

God at the Speed of Light -

God at the Speed of Light - T. Lee Baumann's NDE and physics research

lee_baumann.jpgT. Lee Baumann, M.D. is the author of God at the Speed of Light: The Melding of Science and Spirituality by A.R.E. Press. Dr. Baumann is a medical consultant in Birmingham, Alabama. In addition to his years in private practice, Baumann has been a medical administrator and a biology instructor. He holds medical certifications in internal medicine, geriatrics, and medical management. You can learn more about him at his website.

Quantum physicists study the nature of light. The Bible speaks of light when talking about God. Near-death experiences describe going to a light that is welcoming, intelligent, and loving. Strangest of all, however, is the similarity of all these descriptions of the nature, presence, and behavior of light to descriptions of God. Could it be that light and God are one and the same? Physician Lee Baumann makes a case for exactly that. From many sources, Dr. Baumann has synthesized a compelling picture of what may be the true nature of our universe at all levels - physical, mental, and spiritual.

Lee Baumann's book has been in the making for well over twenty years. Following my graduation from medical school, I developed a keen interest in quantum physics as a result of my fascination with Albert Einstein.. The more I read on quantum theory, the more intrigued I became by its supernatural and spiritual aspects:

The Supernatural & Spiritual Aspects of Light

(1) Light was pervasive at the Big Bang and is predicted at the Universe's demise (alpha and omega).

(2) All matter is ultimately reducible to electromagnetic radiation (which includes light).

(3) Time ceases to exist at light speed.

(4) The energy of light is infinite.

(5) Physicists reveal experiments that show that light particles communicate!

(6) Light is the loving entity that welcomes the dying in near-death experiences.

(7) The Bible and the world's other major religious texts refer to God in terms of light.

(8) The human race is very special - it is human observation that transforms light waves to light particles (i.e., how we experience reality).

(9) The second law of thermodynamics (entropy) dictates that an infinite amount of organization (hence, design) existed in the singularity of the Big Bang. This book (nondenominational) argues that these comparisons to God are not just serendipitous.

Excerpts From "God at the Speed of Light"

I have intentionally tried to be very selective in the [near-death] cases I have reprinted here. I have not listed numerous other accounts, which are essentially repetition, and I have omitted some very impressive experiences that might be considered the direct result of certain illnesses, i.e., ailments involving the brain, or the circulation or oxygenation of blood to the brain. (Adventures in Death, p. 15)

As shown in the previous chapter, the element of light is one, if not the, most important element of the near-death experience. In review of multiple NDE cases, researchers Moody and Morse made several noteworthy observations involving the light.

Moody noted that, of all the possible near-death elements, the light exerted the greatest influence on the individual. Patients interpreted the light as a being - a being that radiated love and warmth. Christians recognized the light as Christ. Atheists identified the spirit only as a guide. (Light, p.22)

It is now universally accepted, although still incredible to comprehend, that the speed of light is constant for all observers, regardless of their relative speeds or direction. This is an extraordinary feature.

How light accomplishes this feat is unknown, but it appears that light has been positioned as the cornerstone of modern physics and natural law. Einstein explained that as an object increases in speed, especially approaching the speed of light, its length decreases, its mass increases, and time slows (but the speed of light remains constant). If an object actually reaches the speed of light, time stops completely. Many are not aware of the full significance of this last point. Imagine that you are traveling at the speed of light and time stands still. You find that you can travel anywhere in the universe, and you never age! Hence, it is striking, but photons, and all other forms of electromagnetic radiation, are timeless. (Light, p. 27-28)

Dr. T. Lee Baumann on Television

The producers of PAX TV's "Encounters with the Unexplained" series has released a press release dealing with the airing of two "Heaven" television specials which feature Dr. T. Baumann and his book, "God at the Speed of Light." The first television special, "The Evidence for Heaven" (two hours), was aired in June 2004. The second special, "In Search of Heaven" (one hour), is due for airing in September 2004.

About "In Search of Heaven"

This special will discuss some of the most fundamental questions: What happens when we die? Is there actually a life after death? Does the human spirit continue to survive? Is there really a heaven?

Of course, the major religions of the world answer "yes" and ask that we accept it as a matter of faith. But in a world full of skepticism, unquestionable faith does not seem sufficient. But what if faith alone didn't have to carry this burden? What if there was other proof that heaven exists?

"In Search Of Heaven" explores this provocative question: Do new scientific discoveries and cutting edge research actually prove the existence of heaven? Some believe that, yes indeed, there is now proof that heaven actually exists. This is no religious quest; it is a serious investigation of some rather startling new findings. The special will include dramatic reenactments, interviews, and comments from numerous theological experts and scientists.

One medical expert featured in the special is Dr. T. Baumann, author of "God at the Speed of Light." Dr. Baumann states: "I feel there is a common element to balance the arguments for near death and the existence of Heaven. That common element is light ... light is omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent and has a consciousness."

The tone of the special is investigative in nature and is balanced and informative. Its objective is to promote debate and discussion concerning this very important subject.

About "The Evidence for Heaven"

Is there a spiritual realm where the soul resides after death? To Christian believers, the answers to these questions are a foregone conclusion. But, for believers and non-believers alike, the topic of life after death in a place called heaven raises even more questions. Where is heaven? What will heaven be like? Will we continue to learn in heaven or will we instantly know everything? Will life beyond the one we are experiencing here and now be a life free from pain and suffering? Will our bodies be different in heaven? Will we be married in heaven? Is there now scientific evidence that heaven really does exist? All of these are just a few of the questions answered after examining the scientific studies, personal testimony, and experiences of those who say they have already traveled to heaven and back. Discover the astounding level to which modern science has answers to these questions.

Recent advances in medical technology have allowed doctors to bring people back from death and giving rise to the near-death experience phenomenon. People are coming back to life and bringing with them remarkably vivid visions of heaven. They tell about visions of a bright Light or being surrounded by overwhelming love -- even conversing with Jesus. The special looks closely at several of the most astounding NDEs -- including contemporary experiences as well as the experiences of Biblical characters, such as the Apostle Paul, Stephen the Martyr, Elijah, and others.

Listen to the testimony of many highly respected medical doctors, physicists, Biblical scholars and scientists from the late 17th Century until today, who have been working to prove that immortality is indeed a reality. Discover the results of several scientific studies including one 25-year project that concluded, "For the first time in 8,000 years of recorded history, it can now be said with certainty that our mind, memory, and personality and soul will survive physical death."

"Time and space are modes by which we think and not conditions in which we live." -

this goes hand-in-hand with wandjina's thread about what science is. i think this is an example of poor science.

i have to get studying but a NDE isn't proof of anything after death, as the individual is still alive i.e. being taken to the brink and back is different to going and not coming back at all. hence they've not really died.

insofar as we all have similar brains, it would be expected that the states of consciousness we enter as we die would be similar. the common experience of light is not proof of anything any more than the body losing 21 grams at death is "proof" that the soul weights 21g. also, a lot of people experience a NDE when they're not even close to death.

i personally favour the ketamine model of the NDE, as reports of the two are said to be very similar. there's a good paper by karl jansen, who argues that at death ketamine-like NMDA antagonists get released possibly as a way of staving off NMDA excitotoxicity:

The Ketamine Model of the Near-Death Experience: A Central Role for the N-Methyl-D-Aspartate Receptor

EDIT: realised that even if ketamine-like drugs are released at death, it doesn't refute the possibility that one is actually visiting heaven, communicating with jesus.

Edited by twix elbert

A very nice guy and alot more experienced than I want to be.

My triangle of space/time /energy maniputable ratios is my only comment.

I was wondering to myself the other day that if dark matter can't be lit/isn't subject to light, can it travel faster than the speed of light?

Got no further the the first point, about light being pervasive at the big bang before I started to lose interest.

From my understanding, the was no light for a while after the big bang because the universe was too dense for light to propagate through it.

Captamazing I think dark matter is so called because we cannot find it at this stage. I have not heard any suggestions that dark matter cannot be illuminated when we finally work out where it is.

Brilliant thread sunshine

Imagine that you are traveling at the speed of light and time stands still. You find that you can travel anywhere in the universe, and you never age! Hence, it is striking, but photons, and all other forms of electromagnetic radiation, are timeless. (Light, p. 27-28)

This blew my head off.

Just wanted to ask the question since its touchin on the subject of heaven, what exactly these people who believe in heaven expect to find once they get there? I mean I just like everyone else would like to believe that we are in eternal bliss and thats where the story ends, but the truth is what happens after that people?

I suppose the point im trying to make is I dont see a heaven seperate from hell in my opinion they are right here on earth and we look so far into the future for a fairyland of bliss and happiness when isnt it just posible its right here and now, and if my altered states of mind have taught me anything it is we are eternal spheres of energy rotating endlessly ever experiencing, and isn't wanting to go to a heaven only a ploy to want to except we have lived a good life, exactly why all of us think we have earnt it but have we trully?

Alright I will admit i know little compared to alot of people but I know I have not earnt my way to such a place and only when I do will I be able to find and become my higher self able to be beyond this world.

A Tupac quote I think suites this Were in hell already our dumbasses not knowin everybody kissing ass and go to heavin aint goin

And I have had a NDA and all I can say about that light is maybe it is the last connection we have with this reality just like it was the first connection we had when we came into this world?

I like the idea of wave to particles for light.

As a speculation is there unusual physic\experience that doesn't involve death or near death experince.

Might be a time experince where if one was looking at clouds the movement\position of the clouds would repeat every1/6 second.

Also standing looking at the night sky

Subjectively would be 15 minutes but seeing the stars move from right to left, about a fifth sky move would mean four hours .

Certainly only by the hand of God.

Not by a human perception. Which we all all on planet earth.

Certainly would be naturally stressful if not properly explained.

What I think is that the speed of light is a permanent fixture ratio that serves as a link point just like other equations such as Pi.

In other universes the equation point might be different but the minds won't be. Which make them different as the equations would have lightly diferent values.

Only twelve.

The nice thing about God is that someday we aren't so hopeless as to not do so create some universes but that will take alot experience as in 12 linear universes.Certainly a great outlook.

Can't be speeded up.

Does anyone remember when Kerry Packer had a stroke years ago and he was clinically dead for a few minutes? The next day someone asked him what his near death experience was like and he remarked 'Ive been to the otherside and let me tell you son, theres f$@king nothing there'!!

I guess a lot depends on your faith.

Science is about reproducible phemnonmen

tatting for a scientist is not being to do.

Human can't but by God's will to do so there is already a space/time fusion video.

Which I mentioned.

The oregon tape.

Does anyone remember when Kerry Packer had a stroke years ago and he was clinically dead for a few minutes? The next day someone asked him what his near death experience was like and he remarked 'Ive been to the otherside and let me tell you son, theres f$@king nothing there'!!

I guess a lot depends on your faith.

Faith is a amorphous act of hope/guessing.

Reproducible facts and experince is alot better or studying historical documentation like the bible which isn't.

The bible make sense if one knows the historical period of the writer, anthropology and then one needs a absolutely accurate translation from hebrew into modern language.

Actually any religeous group finds certain ways of social interacting the way to a social/religeous community.

A negative way to view relgious groups is

1 seperatist, only some will go to heaven

2 fearful seperatist that fear they can be contaminanted by the outside world

When both of the above two occurs you have a cult.

Alot better way to look at it is statistcally.

Which is 2\3 of the human race no matter what religion is ok.

Christianity is more defined in actual heaven and hell conflict just like the hebrews used to be and lost.

There is God and so who best to instruct anyone of any religion.

From my experince he likes time

phenomenon cause it can't be faked for existential phenomenon.

he remarked 'Ive been to the otherside and let me tell you son, theres f$@king nothing there'!!

when i was training myself to have out-of-body experiences there was an important point in one of the books that i read: all that you have of the experience will be a memory, and if this is missing it'll be as though you never had an OBE to begin with. the book stressed that you should train yourself as much in being able to remember your OBE as you would in inducing it.

same deal with NDEs, you need to separate your experience with your recollection of that experience. clearly the absence of any memory can be equally suggestive that nothing actually did happen. but i've had many OBEs during the sleep state where i only recalled the event several days later, then it all came back to me. as i suggested earlier if NMDA antagonists are involved in NDEs, then this would be a good reason why people wouldn't remember these experiences, because NMDA blockage affects memory formation.

devance, you're a very cryptic individual :huh:

he remarked 'Ive been to the otherside and let me tell you son, theres f$@king nothing there'!!

when i was training myself to have out-of-body experiences there was an important point in one of the books that i read: all that you have of the experience will be a memory, and if this is missing it'll be as though you never had an OBE to begin with. the book stressed that you should train yourself as much in being able to remember your OBE as you would in inducing it.

same deal with NDEs, you need to separate your experience with your recollection of that experience. clearly the absence of any memory can be equally suggestive that nothing actually did happen. but i've had many OBEs during the sleep state where i only recalled the event several days later, then it all came back to me. as i suggested earlier if NMDA antagonists are involved in NDEs, then this would be a good reason why people wouldn't remember these experiences, because NMDA blockage affects memory formation.

devance, you're a very cryptic individual :huh:

Thats funny to me. :)

I think I will give up and have to remain cryptic.

I have do have bizaare communications but is the word sentance sructure or is the communication message.

My only lovable feature is that I don't lie.

So i hope thats the conclusion.

Faith is a amorphous act of hope/guessing.

Alot better way to look at it is statistcally.

Which is 2\3 of the human race no matter what religion is ok.

'If you go to bed with faith you might wake up next to a corpse, if you go to bed with doubt, you might wake up next to a virgin'

Statistically, I think it would be much higher than 2/3 of the human race. Almost everyone appears to be hardwired to have a belief in the 'supernatural' and express it in abstract, symbolic and often radical ways. Science can also be just as abstract in context to everyday life as religious imagery. We'd sort of be lost without that infinite unknown that keeps us asking questions, guessing, living in hope. Maybe thats the folly of the universe: there is no god as a higher intelligence... everythings a flux of tranforming energy and the very concept of a god or supernatural state is part of our genetic blueprint to help us feel connected and not isolated. Religions or spiritual beliefs generally bond people and strengthen societies together - none of the worlds cultures would be sitting around performing rituals if it wasn't something that give humans an evolutionary advantage.

As a speculation is there unusual physic\experience that doesn't involve death or near death experince?

there's that interesting japanese doctors video 'messages in water' - the guy who could change water crystals with spoken or written words and music. Thats pretty cool.

BTW devance, what's the Oregon Tape?

Edited by botanika

The oregon tape occurred about 12 years ago and does involve a death experince.

But its the video recorded death of a entity with a description by a witness to it that was up close and personal.

It was recorded by a professional Oregon TV team that was making a TV series of interesting places to visit in Oregon.

Theres was one that focused on coastal places and one that went all over.

Which ever one made it was filming from a small defunct coastal port called Winchster Bay. They ended their film with a last look to the south getting near sunset where there was a intersting optical phenemenon.

To the left of the screen a ruby red fading to black in the clouds

occurs which they thought was intersting enough to use a a final shot in the piece.

The witness was a person that been constantly attacked ny entitys for years so wasn't in good shape but it came as a surprise even to him to have red aviator glasses type eyes glaring at him from the clouds.

Almost instantly the entity looked surprised and rotted.

Rotted as if one blew on a face that was sculpted in sand.

There are two kinds of entitys.

http://www.deliriumsrealm.com/delirium/art...ew.asp?Post=186

Fallen angels

and Nephilim

So it was most likely a Nephilim

Since the witness wasn't capable of making a video recording of

the event it brings up the speculation that since it was video recorded anyway what was the purpose in doing so.

I think it might be a type of training film that interesting and not disturbing to the viewer.

Just enough to get a sense of the situation.

Obviuosly the subject matter is that the entitys aren't going to be winning or even surviviing.