The Corroboree
planthelper

native allright

went inland over the long weekend and suddenly spotted heaps of those bushes!! :uzi:

post-70-1150188756_thumb.jpg

100_0370.JPG

100_0370.JPG

Edited by planthelper

went inland over the long weekend and suddenly spotted heaps of those bushes!! :uzi:

Umm what is it? And what is it good for??

planthelper are you offering some of this herb for trade?

would be interested if you are

anyone contemplating consumption of the herb should read the SAB page on this species.

potency of the nasty effect can vary, but even a few leaves can be truely terrifying.

I've heard a few people talk about the root being more useful.

yes i read that after i posted the post here

doesnt sound very nice

Looks like the ol' Erythroxylum australis

how do ya get the goods out a dis baby maby by using another plant to render the alkaloids usefull like the preperation for pituri ???????????

yeah the splityard Ck caused a wierd sensation of constriction of the throat and tightness as Darcy said. Not very pleasant. I don't think i would take up chewing them on a regular basis :)

contary to south american coca, the native coca takes quite a while to germinate, be prepared to wait for several months to see any seedlings emerging. - planthelper

What special little tricks, if any did you use for germination, or was it just a case of plonking them in potting mix and keeping it all moist???

nice work BTW.

i have come to following conclusions, which maybe the right thing to do.

first, as they seem to stay dormant for a while, there is little point in trying to germ them right away after planting, by applying lots of moisture and heat.

rather put the pot's with those seeds out of the direct sunlight and just water them sporadicly.

than after 2 months or so, increase the watering sheme to periodes of "abundance of water" and hopefully a few will come up. understanding the local conditions of this plant, is the key to success.

this plant grows where it doesn't rain a lot, so it might wait till it thinks conditions are right. the seeds might do this by requiering multiple rewetting with dry periodes in between. in short they try to only germ, when the dry spells have been broken, and they are not stupid to think that the first moisture they recieve is "the big one"which will give them a chance of survival.

the soil wher i saw those specimens contained lots of gravel, the aspect was on a hillsite providing good drainage. anybody interressted in a field trip pm me, a good time would be around the dates this topic was started.