The Corroboree
Dodie

House

Anyone watch House tonight? House, the main doc in the show gave himself a migrane to test out some guys anti-migrane meds. Anti migrane med didnt work so House uses lsd to get rid of the migrane! At one point another doc asks "What do you see?" and he replies "I see music!"

Good to see lsd in a positive view on TV :)

yeah, i love house, the story lines are nice and clever. not often you have an opiate-addicted protagonist! though sherlock holmes was known to bang up coke for the clarity of thought.

i'm sure many are aware LSD is being investigated as a treatment for cluster headaches

haha i saw house for the first time in ages and this was the episode :P ive been telling all my mates this for ages, now its come onto mainstream television. NICE

Mushrooms are better but.

Yeah I saw it too. Pretty interesting the way they broached the topic of LSD, with his colleague automatically assuming that he couldn't have possibly dropped acid because he was functioning.

I have suffered regular migraines in the past, not so much these days though, anyhow if you are interested in LSD & Psylocybin for migraine treatment take a look here

www.clusterbusters.com

As well as a small dose of cubes, another helpful thing for migraines is asprin and 5HTP

As soon as he started tripping out I knew he had taken acid - there was a post on EBA a while back discussing the use of LSD for migraines due to the constricting effect of blood vessles in the brain.

However I was quite dissapointed at the end when he explained that LSD stopped migraines because of serotonin interaction and that by taking an anti-depressant it immediately ended the hallucinogenic effects of LSD... I'd hate some House fan on acid having a bad trip taking an antidepressant thinking that it would end it, as there isn't much that can end a trip short of 10mg diazepam and a 10mg wafer of olazapine (zyprexa).

...speaking of asprin, I just took 2 neurofen plus (yeah I know it's ibuprofen not asprin but it's close) thinking that because my ulcer seems to have gone it couldn't hurt - since my fingers are in a lot of pain after changing wound dressings that had stuck badly to my fingers after a grafting accident at TAFE.

Asprin and ibuprofen is nasty stuff, and judging my the beggining pains now , it's gonna be a bad afternoon in the stomach department. Migraines or not I am not gonna ever touch that stuff for a loooong time.

...speaking of asprin, I just took 2 neurofen plus (yeah I know it's ibuprofen not asprin but it's close) thinking that because my ulcer seems to have gone it couldn't hurt - since my fingers are in a lot of pain after changing wound dressings that had stuck badly to my fingers after a grafting accident at TAFE.

What were you trying to graft on to your fingers? :P

Sorry, really bad joke. Hope you feel better soon :).

I was quite dissapointed at the end when he explained that LSD stopped migraines because of serotonin interaction and that by taking an anti-depressant it immediately ended the hallucinogenic effects of LSD

5-HT receptors innervate cerebral blood vessels, so he wasn't wrong. i'm sure this has been dealt with before, but anyone have any anecdotes about whether it can treat migraines? i can't even remember the last time i had a headache

Yes Ibuprofen is very hash on the stomach and shouldnt be taken by people wiht stomach ulcers. Food should always be eaten before taking Ibuprofen.

I used to get the big pink Smarties looking ones for WD's and tried taking them on an upset, empty stomach only to regret it shortly after on more than a few occasions.. LOL :puke:

What were you trying to graft on to your fingers? :P

Sorry, really bad joke. Hope you feel better soon :).

Hahaha... Soooooooooo many people have said jokes like that, infact that is the first thing the person administering first aid said - "You're supposed to graft the wood, not your fingers!!!" :rolleyes:

Hahaha... Soooooooooo many people have said jokes like that, infact that is the first thing the person administering first aid said - "You're supposed to graft the wood, not your fingers!!!" :rolleyes:

There is mental technique of concentrating on the brain stem for endorphin release.