The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
reshroomED

WOW

Did a run down to the coast on Sunday to pick up a crayfish for mother's day, and on the way back stopped at a stream in order to grab a pair of small trout to go with. On the way to the water I spotted the first subs I've seen this year, two lovely specimens, one 2" dia and the other on a 3" stem but yet to break it's veil.

As a sufferer of migraine headaches, and having found conventional medicine useless in this regard, I make sure to eat one 'button' each season as a preventative. Bang - no headaches. I've been doing this for several years now with great success, and no more side-effects than slight anxiety.

Did I get a surprise.

30 mins in and my guts are full of butterflies and I feel as if I'm about to trip. Sat down for a while and it was only getting stronger. Not un-handlable, but way more than I expected. Took a good a dose of codiene to calm me down enough to drive home safely.

FWIW I've had 1 pint of blood taken per week for the last two weeks due to a blood disorder, but this has only brought me to 'normal' blood levels, and has greatly improved my wellbeing but could likely be a factor.

I've seen the results of 'first-of-the-season' shrooms before from this area, although no direct experience with psilocybes in this regard that I remember.

Anyone else with potent first flushes stories?

ed

Not personally, but my dad was telling me just a couple of weeks ago how he'd been out bushwalking and had unexpectedly found his firsts subs for the season.

Keeping with his tradition he grabbed and ate the first couple he found. He was telling me that the effects were surprisingly strong, and mentioned the idea of more active subs first in the season.

I've been meaning to ask about early subs myself.

I was just reading posts by bm about this stuff, it's all in the SAB archives, click search :)

I ahve no doubt that the first subs are the most potent every season - maybe its the fact that there are fresher and more precursors available?? But ive seen seasoned trippers freak out on a tram after consumming just a handful of the first of the season freshies...

The precursor thing sounds logical.

Caught me way by surprise, though.

The most effects I've had in doing this previously would be very mild anxiety for a few hrs.

ed

I still think that the fact you generally havent eaten any shrooms for a few months makes the first trip of the season seem stronger than normal.