The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Alice

frequently consumed herbs?

i am interested to know what herbs people consume regularly, for health, wellbeing, or whatever. i guess this post is aimed more at those who have a wide variety to choose from (eg torsten, darren etc) but i am interested to hear replies from anyone. with such a large selection of plants to choose from, what do u consume most?

personally, i am a big tea drinker. frequently consumed teas include

passionflower

damiana

rose hips and petals

chamomile

peppermint

green tea

also some nicec supermarket mixes are:

heatheries ginko with lemon

st johns wort

ginseng

Tea wise

Damiana is no1 for me, not for effects, rather it's just a nice tasting tea.

Morning:

Damiana + Gotu Kola + Gynostemma +/ Black tea

Night:

Lemon Myrtle + Cinnamon + Damiana

Fun:

T. ulmifolia + Lemon Myrtle + Heimia

(Usually mix it up a lot if I have access to good herbage)

I would drink a lot more Ashwaghanda if it wasn't for the taste :P

Smoking wise

Tobacco no1.

Henbane if I can get it, Datura/Brug, Nymphaea, sometimes Sida if I find a plant not near any pollution...

Nymphaea splashed with brown Rum and set to dry is verrrry nice smoke.

I know tobacco is bad for you and all, but I love the stuff, it's sacred in my eyes.

Used to be big on the Sceletium/Nymphaea combo but have moved into a more tropanic space over the last few months, Datura + Tobacco, Brug + Nelumbo, and so on. Check out the smoking mixes thread for some whacky stuff :P

Main focus points for smoking in the near future will be combination of sedative smokes (Cali Poppy, Kratom, Nymphaea) with slower Solanaceous plants (Mandrake, Henbane) and stuff like Calea.

Also very interested in more experimentation with Withania somnifera leaf. Dunno if the withanolide class of chemicals is actually responsible for the effects obtained by smoking, but it is extremely interesting. I am working on a smoking mix including this that looks to be highly promising.

Yes, I smoke all that kind of stuff regularly :P

Edited by apothecary

Garlic for sure, for health

and ginseng,(on and off on the ginseng, it's not so good for you all the time....... especially women as it increases testosterone levels)

I wish I could stand more green tea, the stuff is great for you but doesn't taste so well I think.

Fish oil suppliments for the omega III's....... great for the ticker

And the good/not so good for you herbs

Coffee, ephedra and tobacco Yummm

Edited by Andy the Great Something

Hey Apo,I got a bag of good quality ashwaganda leaf. If

you,d like it,send me a pm.

Brahmi is what I consume mostly during the day and sometimes some yerba....

Some times some skullcap at night.

Whilst on the subject of ashwaganda, Is there anywhere where you can buy the leaf?

I have some root powder and that is yummy chewed and washed down with soy milk.. :D

Green tea with jasmine - righteous stuff. At TAFE I consume several cups of it a day.

Chamomile and peppermint are big ones. Occaisionally a bit of calea chilled and thrown down the hatch

Most of my herbs consumed are tablet or tinctured... garlic, violet leaves, pokeroot (for lymphatic system), vervain, ginko, ginseng etc... basically mostly immunity and wellbeing herbs.

Daytime: Coltsfoot, nettle, sassparella, ashwaganda, brahmi

Nightime: skullcap (everyday), lemonbalm, more coltsfoot

I make teas, tinctures or smoke the appropriate ones. Theres also another herb I like to partake of :wink: but its a secret

hey Leo, what effects does the sassparella have? do u smoke or drink as a tea? I ask because I was givin sum and dont know what to do with it! (and no I dont want to UTFSE) hehe

I just have it in a tea with nettle, and its a 'male tonic' whatever that means ^_^

hey Leo, what effects does the sassparella have? do u smoke or drink as a tea? I ask because I was givin sum and dont know what to do with it! (and no I dont want to UTFSE) hehe

Generally classified as a blood purifier - a book in front of me says it is a carminative, diaphoretic, diuretic and a tonic.