The Corroboree
pete34

YOU Are Reprogrammed by Words and Frequencies

YOU Are Reprogrammed by Words and Frequencies

http://www.soulsofdi...on.nl/dna1.html

http://wakeup-world....ds-frequencies/

Whenever a great many people focus their attention or consciousness on something similar like Christmas time, football world championship or the funeral of Lady Diana in England then certain random number generators in computers start to deliver ordered numbers instead of the random ones

An ordered group consciousness creates order in its whole surroundings!!!

When a great number of people get together very closely, potentials of violence also dissolve. It looks as if here, too, a kind of humanitarian consciousness of all humanity is created.

Edited by pete34
  • Like 1

last link needs a ] deleted

also thank you :worship:

When a great number of people get together very closely, potentials of violence also dissolve.

I remember Desmond Morris talking about the cities as Human Zoos.

He said that when we were so cramped in & living ontop ov each other w/little space

It was amazing at just how little violence there was in society.

Where can I train to be a word doctor?

ina wordiversity!

• Like 1

I remember Desmond Morris talking about the cities as Human Zoos.

He said that when we were so cramped in & living ontop ov each other w/little space

Studies tend to show the opposite.

I lived for a few years in Amsterdam ... it was fun for a while but it didn't take long to hate its population density. A few weeks after leaving, on a street I cycled down every day, a fellow was shot in the head 8 times and stabbed with 2 knives (including one which pinned a hate note to his chest) in retaliation for a book he had written. Lovely.

Came back to Aus in 2004 seeking breathing space, only to find that the latest supposedly "green" trend was now to cram everyone into tiny concrete urban shitboxes also. Eeek. What a disaster.

We are animals. Without authentic ecosystem participation, we go insane.

• Like 2

the power of group meditation

Uri Geller unconsciously gets his audience to bend the spoon

Ouija Board is mostly the group meditating for the glass to move

I have felt this many times, especially when tripping. Some people seem to be quite adept at producing feelings in others with their words.

A mate of mine can spin you a yarn, make you SEE and FEEL the magic, and then bam, he takes it away again with a cough or a slight clearing of his throat.. Showing you just enough so you can see what he can do, but never enough to see quite how he does it.

Nice to knw i'm nt crazy.

But if one person can influence all the others in the group, the power is not shared. And that person can and often will use their way with words to manipulate others. Sometimes in a nice way, sometimes not.

Why do our friends behave like this? If love is the most powerful force, why do so many revert to cheekiness? What makes someone feel the need to exert their influence over others without showing them how to do it for themselves?

So much gets left unsaid. And we all try and convince ourselves that things were different, or we have over-active imaginations.. But im learning that if you truly feel that something is real, it is real for you.

I know we all have acces to power but it can be hard to really use the power you know you should have when you dont know how to tap into it.

• Like 2

I don't think it's the words that have power; the words help us focus our mental power which is the real thing that is happening; when a mob gets angry,there's a lot of unfocussed power which eventually spills over in to something - attacking anything will create the focus of the energy and everyone will try and dump it on that focal point, whatever it may be. I am particularly sensitive to people's emotional energy - but words have no effect at all, by themselves.

Of course.

But the way in which word play is used to project feelings surely could be something you could cultivate for your own use.

We often will speak in metaphors, utalise double meanings and imply our point of view through tone, expressions and body language.

Alot of the time we needn't say a thing for people to know what we are feeling.

But if someone can make u feel like a piece of shit soo subtlely, without saying anything that others can identify as being directly rude, why shouldn't you respond in the same medium through which they sent u the message. When things are never directly said, you can't confront someone about their behaviour because they simply deny it.

• Like 1

But the way in which word play is used to project feelings surely could be something you could cultivate for your own use.

I do, I use it primarily in work to make people feel positive and excited by what they are doing, as I think it's important (what I do, but also how we approach it). Unfortunately, there are people who are quite capable of negative attack - especially if they feel that the positive if threatening them - and I was the victim of a really nasty one just recently that was so well shielded I didn't realise it was happening until it was all over.

One thing I was just thinking about, though, is the medium of noise to transport emotion - my theory is great, but it doesn't adequately explain how recorded music can convey so much emotion - unless noise acts as triggers for it rather than being a generator of it.

• Like 1

whitewind there's an interesting book called this is your brain on music by Daniel Levitin which has the idea that neurobiology indicates singing and music may evolutionarily predate language, as a pre-symbolic system of exchange for information/affect .. meaning music really is more primal than words

bogfrog i remember a new scientist article describing a study where electroencephalography (i love that word..) equipment was hooked up to a room of 12 people, as well as to a speaker who was instructed to recount a significant life event. results showed that people who reported the highest degree of engagement with the story were those whose brain activity most closely mirrored that of the speaker, meaning it looks like there may be a neurological basis for people being 'on the same level .. reminds me a little of what you describe

Studies tend to show the opposite

sorry but what?

Studies show the opposite ov

i'd like to see that study.

-evidence ov rising crime rates doesn't seem to me to be evidence ov large scale violence in society.

"language-modulated laser rays"

what is a language-modulated laser ray?

Some of you might like this: http://www.abc.net.au/iview/#/view/22948

Amongst numerous other interesting tidbits, she points out that communication and our big brains seem to have evolved in order for humans to be able to know what eachother thinks. One mind-blowing example of this I had never heard before was that we are apparently the only species on the planet which displays the whites of its eyes.

whitewind there's an interesting book called this is your brain on music by Daniel Levitin which has the idea that neurobiology indicates singing and music may evolutionarily predate language, as a pre-symbolic system of exchange for information/affect .. meaning music really is more primal than words

man that sounds like a difficult study to approach, given how notoriously evasive determining a rough date for the origin of human language. i take it he means singing in just tones, rather than words? and what kind of instruments does he talk about as earliest? clap sticks and whistles? how would he even determine what the earliest intruments were? i'd love for breakthroughs to be made about the origins of human language, such an interesting field.

I would love to read the book though, thanks for the recommend. I'm no expert at this, but one of the first things I would do is see how other members of the primate family group use "language". Evolutionary theory tells us that species become more different over time so if there is an common theme among all members of the primate family, it probably evolved earlier, whereas if there are unique characteristics they are more likely to have evolved more recently. As far as I am aware (and I don't really know for sure) none of the other monkeys use singing as a method of communication, nor do they make much music. Whereas they do communicate via grunts, mutterings and screams, which seems to suggest that they have evolved primitive language skills that probably also involve complex gestures and facial grimaces etc. but nothing like singing and music. Or dance!

Edited by whitewind
  • Like 1

man that sounds like a difficult study to approach, given how notoriously evasive determining a rough date for the origin of human language. i take it he means singing in just tones, rather than words? and what kind of instruments does he talk about as earliest? clap sticks and whistles? how would he even determine what the earliest intruments were? i'd love for breakthroughs to be made about the origins of human language, such an interesting field.

Interestingly this is something which can be studied without reference to particular dates or instruments .. One very useful discovery in brain science was that phylogenetically older structures in the brain such as the cerebellum (meaning 'little brain' - the 'reptile' brain, possessed by all mammals, containing more than half the neurons you have) are situated lower down, closer to the brain stem and spinal cord, with subsequent additions to evolve within the the 'neural architecture' being located higher up, further away from the brain stem such as the neo-cortex, which is a thin layer surrounding certain parts of the outer limit of the brain, responsible for complex functions less essential to survival than those found lower down. Dedicated structures responsible for autonomic processes such as heart beat, homeostasis etc are all located toward the base of the brain, as is the cerebellum, a section responsible for (among many things) timing and movement (whitewind - dance!). Levitin's speculations are based on this idea in conjunction with data demonstrating the existence of what they call double dissociations. The short of this is that studies have found people with Broca's aphasia (basically a deficit in processing complex grammatical elements of speech) Wernickes aphasia (problems with nouns, anomia) or global aphasia (both) - who can still hold a rhythm. People who have lesions to the cerebellum and other adjacent areas can produce and comprehend speech, but can't tap out a rhythm .. this indicates these areas have a significant degree of independence in their processing functions, and together with the fact that the cerebellum is one of the older structures in the brain (Broca's and Wernickes area are in the prefrontal cortex, just behind the upper half of your face) - and together with its related structures (eg. amygdala, important for emotion, also located fairly close to the brain stem) is one of the most active parts of the brain during music production and appreciation, this indicates that people [edit - our ancestors] would have had the ability to make music (rhythm) before they could use more abstract forms of communication such as words ..

Edited by bulls on parade

Thanks for taking the time to write that up :)

Really interesting stuff, but as you suggest there is also a pretty speculative element to it - i.e. the ability to make music doesn't necessarily mean an evolved tendency towards it since neurological structures can evolve as advantageous for one particular activity but be recruited in others. So the use of certain brain areas during music production and appreciation doesn't have to mean an evolved capacity for music. I can definitely think of other uses for rhythm that would seem evolutionarily advatageous (timing in hunting, for instance, involved a sense of rhythm in predicting where an animal will be, sometimes based on footfalls (paw-falls, whatever)). To me, the connection between rhythm and music in a casual sense is not nearly tight enough.

Do you know if these kinds of studies, using anomalous cases like Broca's/Wernickes aphasia to derive general hypotheses about those who do not have the condition, are generally thought of as methodologically unsound? Since we don't really know that much about those conditions aren't those kinds of studies overextending in their extrapolating from fMRIs?

So the use of certain brain areas during music production and appreciation doesn't have to mean an evolved capacity for music.

this is a really good point .. in the same way we havn't evolved a capacity for responding favorably to advertising, it's just that a biologically evolved tendency happens to be able to be used for something other than the function it evolved to fulfill (responding favorably to kids for eg, 'Thank you mr Hooker' in lj hooker ads etc .. except in that case its using the ability or tendency to push products, not for creative ends as would be the case with music). The word for using a biologically evolved ability to achieve something other than the activity it evolved to perform is 'exaptation', the idea music may be an exaptation would indeed be incompatible with Levitin's idea that it preceded language

Do you know if these kinds of studies, using anomalous cases like Broca's/Wernickes aphasia to derive general hypotheses about those who do not have the condition, are generally thought of as methodologically unsound?

double dissociations are a goldmine in psych research, and they are definitely viewed as credible .. Lesion deficit correlation has been used since the time of Phineas Gage, and are based on the idea that if a number of people have both damage to a specific site in their brains, and loss of a specific ability, (such as damage to the fusiform gyrus and loss of ability to recognise faces), then it can be concluded that that particular area is associated with that particular function. Literally thousands of mice, rats, cats and dogs have had bits of their brain f*cked up in pursuit of the neural substrates of various aspects of experience and ability

• Like 1