The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Black Rainbow

Clinical trial planned for 'Effects of MDMA Co-administration on the Response to LSD in Healthy Subjects'

Interesting. Both set and setting will be controlled, presumably over multiple sessions, to determine the effects of MDMA co-administered with LSD. 

But: individual brain chemistries differ too (MDMA doesn't do much for me, that I've ever noticed; but then neither does psilocybin have much of an effect).

I think "set" is perhaps the most important variable when it comes to negative LSD experiences -- probably not reducible to the 5HT2A receptor. It seems that the current paradigm (research funding, etc.) is governed by the theorem that consciousness is primarily (and perhaps exclusively) a byproduct of neurochemistry. To me this seems a bit reductive, especially in light of psychedelic experience. But these researchers may well be on to something. It would be certainly good to document scientifically any risks associated with combining MDMA with LSD. 

• Like 1

I could save them a bit of trouble. My findings are: mdma and lsd together are pretty darned great. 

• Haha 1

Just thinking, "healthy subjects" -- WTF? Another DSM box-ticking exercise for psychedelics research?

MDMA + LSD might not be that great, depending on one's circumstances. More research wouldn't go astray. 

I'm suddenly fearing the worst, now that ABC TV The Drum (tonight) is featuring a panel discussion on magic mushrooms, LSD and other psychedelics for therapeutic use... Yikes! being my initial reaction.