The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Sallubrious

Contact tracing

For a google phone, open your settings (the little gear icon, not your browser settings) and scroll down until you see "Google" and see what comes up (probably at the top of the list). if you were smart enough not to download the - my ankle bracelet app, that Scomo was spruiking a few months ago. Chances are you thought you didn't have a tracking app on your much beloved "smart" phone.

Now if you have a full woolly fleece, switch the tab for the notifications to the on position and wilfully waive all your inherent rights and make a contractual agreement for that data to be used against you in the unlikely scenario where you might have been in proximity with someone who has been implicated with someone who knows someone who knows someone else who may have been implicated as a suspected COVID-19 "case" so you can also be confirmed as a "case" Be sure to keep your bluetooth and wi-fi turned on at all times so you can implicate all your friends.

If you don't turn the notifications on then you can have full assurance that Google isn't tracking you with AI (sarcasm) until Dutton overrides that last scrap of human rights with his brilliant new legislation.

• Like 1

It's just a cash ban
It's just bail in legislation
It's just a virus
It's just toilet paper
It's just a lockdown
It's just for two weeks
It's just social distancing
It's just a team of police arresting a woman for wearing a sign while her child screams in fear
It's just a tracking app
It's just the new normal

It's just a police drone with a speaker
It's just a robot dog telling us not to get too close
It's just ANTIFA & BLM
It's just a protest
It's just a statue
It's just censorship
It's just hand sanitiser
It's just quarantine
It's just a state of emergency
It's just a mask
It's just another lockdown
It's just a checkpoint - papers please
It's just the army working with the police

It's just a signature and address to get  into the pub
It's just a "temporary" suspension of human rights

It's just a foreclosure

It's just a few thousand extra suicides

It's just a surge in domestic violence

It's just a few thousand people losing their livelihoods and businesses

It's just an unemployment queue

It's just a massive surge in national debt that our kids will never pay off
It's just a cop smashing someone's window and dragging them out of their car
It's just a vaccine untested against a control group
It's just a digital proof of vaccination to get into a shop
It's just digital money
It's just AI facial recognition
It's just a paperless warrant
It's just a suppression order
It's just a social credit system
It's just a re-education centre

It's just a virus

Maybe I've misread the whole situation and taken it all out of context. So I'll drop it now as I've obviously been mislead by crackpots who mistake real data and facts as truth, I realise now the real truth is only on the radio and TV.

Edited by Sallubrious
  • Like 1

Unfortunately large groups of people need to be managed and that comes at a cost of individual freedom.

Imagine a small village with a single well, it would be nice if it could manage without any regulation around the use of that well, unfortunately some people either don't understand of don't care that taking a shit in that well will negatively effect everyone else that needs that that well for their clean water.

Authoritarian creep is a real issue and balance need to be found but that doesn't change that 7 billion humans without any organization will just result in utter chaos and not all measures to manage,organize or regulate them comes from a nefarious intent.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Luckily Sal I doubt our government has the competence or IT expertise to carry out what you said in your first post, but it's definitely a risk these days and I share your concerns.

Edited by Cimi