The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
tomtom

name help please ...

quote:

Originally posted by Ramon:

I disagree

It is fair to say that the topic covered in these forums are largely related to psychotropic plants but they are far from topics about drug use. Many of the threads are about the medicinal or spiritual qualities of these plants. [/QB]

If I ignore the fact that you are equivocating, I hope you will admit that words are in a constant state of flux. This is due to the accumulation of connotations through everyday use. You may disagree with the belief of the less enlightened-that your "medicinal and spiritual qualities" are on par with illicit drug qualities, but your objections do nothing to diminish these assocations.

There is a reason that the assocations exist. I can assure you someone did not pull them out of their ass. I think if you were being honest, you would admit that the spiritual and medicinal use of plants intersects with drug use at some point. You would admit that this intersection is the main point of emphasis on this forum.

I do not say it is the only emphasis. It is not. But it is a substantial point of conversation. When we admit this, we understand where the associations of "drug use" come from.

[ 13. December 2004, 10:47: Message edited by: r. Jackson ]

Torsten:

the entheogen weighting on these forums is probably due to the fact that there are very few places where such things can be discussed openly and without prejudice, while fibrecrops, heritage seeds, and farmforestry etc are openly discussed in LOTS of places.

Agreed. Thank God such a place exists.

Auxin:

Yeah... so 'Pubert Edwin' is out.

Pubert? Is that you Pubert? I didn't think a nice boy like you would be hanging out at a forum like this..

...ah dear Auxin, you do understand the Australian tendency to bestow affectionate nicknames is a two edged sword doncha...

r.jackson - isn't it true though that even most of the conservative community regards (and accepts) the use of ayahuasca by amazonian tribes as a spiritual/cultural thing, while when a westerner uses dmt while MAO inhibited he is a drug abuser?

Isn't the idea of this forum partly to blur this arbitrary and unjust line?

Torsten:

r.jackson - isn't it true though that even most of the conservative community regards (and accepts) the use of ayahuasca by amazonian tribes as a spiritual/cultural thing,

I can't say. To be honest, I feel that most of my countrymen live a universe apart from people of other cultures, especially "primitives". I don't feel that it is something that ever crosses our minds. I want to ditch this ship ASAP.

quote:

while when a westerner uses dmt while MAO inhibited he is a drug abuser?

Probably.

quote:

Isn't the idea of this forum partly to blur this arbitrary and unjust line?

I hope so. But it doesn't help that some run from the idea of "drug use" as though it is a bad thing.

Food psychoactives medicine Poison

its a circular continuum where anything can exist in 2 or more categories simultaneously

once you accept drug use as normal, like eating, you can incorporate getting high into your life as easily and thoroghly as making sure you eat lunch

and you can make decisions on what you imbibe, junk food/drugs or something thats good for you.

it also takes away all purile connotations which plague societies acceptance of things like drugs n sex. When something is normalised into social convention it no longer attracts dropouts and zealots who make it their whole world (for or against)

until altered states of consciousness are normalised and valued were stuck with the silly facade of hypocrisy u need to lube dialogue with conservatives and authorities

dp

[ 13. December 2004, 16:37: Message edited by: reville ]