The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Dreamwalker.

Study a first test of Australian honey's medicinal potential...(also lutein)

Interesting that the factors or constituents which give Manuka honey antibacterial properties are still not well understood. Hopefully this study leads to some effective drugs against MRSA.

I find it strange that the article suggests that honey has evolved... perhaps they mean that bees which produce the honey (and perhaps also the plant matter the honey is made of) has evolved to produce honey which resists spoilage. For example, the protein bee defensin-1 which bees add to honey when they make it.

You know, when they barf it up.

2zo982u.png

Yuuummm....

• Like 1

yeah, recon so. When the Bee eat's compound x from plant x flower introducing some enzime activity on said compounds of course new compounds will be made. Isnt that why all plants and animals fill a niche on our biosphere? No supprise though is that as normal, nature has presented us with with the best bio-available synergetic form of this medicine type. I cant wait to see how western medicine and it's markets take the info, stuff up the material and offer it for sale in diverse overpriced "products"! Stick to the Honey folks =)

• Like 2

tea tree in its self has long lasting anti bacteria properties. it is the main

active ingredient in the Proactive product. put a bit of tea tree neat, on the

end of your finger and rub into the pimple or any you feel coming up.

the ancient Egyptians used honey as far back as 3000 BC for

treatments of wounds. Have we missed something the last 5000 years?

it has shown to be effective against Staphylococcus aureus, E coli, and

coliform bacteria and has anti fungi properties.

I have tried "tea-tree oil" many times and feel due to it's total ineffectivness that too many fractions have been removed, along with that, it's medicinal proerties. I have the "old school" tea-tree out front on road so will soon make full fraction tea-tree oil to try out. worth noting however, is many such oil's used topically or ingested (eek) have an un-expeptable increase on skin photo-sensitivity. Ruling them out as medicine for me personally.

Whilst on the topic of anti-microbial, anti-bacterial materials, I shall add some recent findings on Acacia (a species of much medicinal interest and general plant biodiverity to me). After a day / night of oral sex with a few people, I obtained a very nasty throat infection. So, trying my normal "first choice" medicine. A mixture of Bala and Thai Chilli to a supprising no effect i decided to go to the doctors to get some penicillin. Two weeks later, no improvment at all. I found that supprising too.

Grab uv light and enter dark bathroom to mirror. Throat lights up green in areas appearing white under normal light. OK.. go to books. find not enough info on a plant i have. late black wattle (Acacia Concurrens). Aware of the dangers but sick of the western game, i "manned up" taking a chance with my life in some respect and tried it.

Took a small branch, removed bark from about 10 cm of thin branch (twig) and boiled it in very small amount tap water. filtered, cooled, asked for protection, and drank it after garggle for 1min. next day, problem gone, even the infection far outside the contact points of the material ingested. This has shown to be highly effective on whatever bacteria was resistant to penicilin. Doc didnt take any sample so i dont know what i was dealing with (thanks again western medicine) so sory, i cant provide that important details for you. It is now my "second choice" as anti-bacterial medicine, due to the fact that a later "saftey test" was done with larger ammount of said material, showing darkening of eyes and slight puffyness for 24 hours. dose- about 20 grams. so, the dose seems to be more than effective at about 100mg bark (fresh) to about 100ml water. tap seems ok. Perhaps this plant is so strong it can kill off some gut flora? This now rapidly goes outside my knowlege database.

I obtained a very nasty throat infection ... Throat lights up green in areas appearing white under normal light.

Sounds like it might have been candida, especially after oral sex. White spots and patches in your mouth and/or throat. No amount of penicillin, chili, etc. will get rid of that, as it's a fungus.

TIL that some varieties of Acacia are effective against candida albicans... :wink:

Edited by antonsyd
  • Like 1

OK, didnt know that. well, perhaps it is anti-fungal then =) either way, solved my problem it seems. cant get info yet on whether or not that species glow under UV.

edit-

just bought some petri dish's for future culture testing. Just one issue, I cant for the life of me work out how am i to obtain known strains of bacteria and fungal cultures? perhaps a 1100x micrscope and UV light could help me to ID a swabbed and cultured material? any thought's on how i go about this step? No good having a medicine that appears to be of great help and safe enough to use if i dont know what it's good to treat...

Edited by ghosty