The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Fresh Brewed

Nursery greenhouse San Pedro?

Went to the local independent nursery the othe day to purchase an oak leaf hydrangia...as I was walking through the greenhouse I saw these on the cactus table. I'm by no means an expert at cactus identification, but these two jumped out at me as looking a lot like San Pedro's I've owned before. What do you think?post-4735-0-45900700-1402532928_thumb.jppost-4735-0-93607000-1402532945_thumb.jp

post-4735-0-45900700-1402532928_thumb.jpg

post-4735-0-93607000-1402532945_thumb.jpg

post-4735-0-45900700-1402532928_thumb.jpg

post-4735-0-93607000-1402532945_thumb.jpg

Looks like your basic american PC pachanot to me aka San pedro.

This is the most common seen at least in america, The way i learned it is its some kind of hybrid or isolated clone which is more cold tolerant than "normal" san pedro hoever so far as we know this clone species was developed for landscaping or something of that nature, but the cactus is not found in the wild and such which is why we assume it is a hybrid of some sort.

someone correct me if im wrong.

Yep. PC pachanoi. Nothing special. And looking at your name I'm guessing you probably don't want any PC pachanoi.

Yep. PC pachanoi. Nothing special. And looking at your name I'm guessing you probably don't want any PC pachanoi.

WHAT, a guy can't like good coffee☺️

• Like 2

They look pretty cool to me. Not so sure if they be PC either.

What is it that makes you think they're not PC?

I would say non pc too... the 5 rib doesnt look at all like one to me and the others side profile looks too rounded and quite defined... both are nice tips and I would definately likr to grow them myself to see how'd they turn out..

The roundish tip of the second threw me off, but the first looks all right PC, both do have the PC-spines. I think they are both the same clone, and my guess would be PC.