The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
woof woof woof

What & How do you do to keep yourself Spiritually Updated

Lo Folks,

Post here your favourite practices to keep yourself attuned to the rythems of the universe.

like what do you meditate on.... or your train of thoughts.... or thoughts that hit you ...... perception shifts.... to see the emanations... and where they direct you to... etc

the latest thumpin trance tracks wink.gif

Guest DragonFyre

my 'meditation' techniques are simply relieving the mind of any intellecual activity, ie; no thinking which is a VERY hard thing to do

this is where those old sayings "if a tree fell in the woods..." or "one hand clapping" come in as these are used to exhaust the mind of intellectual thought...

the basis of this is to force oneself into true consciousness of the spirit which is true meditation (not just visualization and relaxation techniques) and upon achievement of this state its possible to enter the sixth and seventh dimensions (if u r a believer in that kinda thing)

the best way to "keep check" on your spirituality is just to go to the astral (5th dimension) which is like a teaching/meeting plane... and get direct spiritual teachings there from spiritual beings (just make sure they arent evil, unless u wanna be taught evil ofcourse lol)

also we go to the astral ever night in dreams... we are just projecting our subconscious thoughts upon the astral ie; lost in our own minds... if you can know your dreaming and realize its possibly to awaken in a dream and find yourself in the astral... though there are many better ways that is just one of the easiest. If you think your dreaming, try jumping n you should fly... then you will know your astral

also its best to decide what you want to learn about spiritually and ask for help with this before you start any practice, though somtimes you will be taught more important things to you, just depends...

hope this helps, if not disregard wink.gif

Guest auto302823

Make sure I'm the only one home, take a damn hot shower, then turn out the lights, prop myself up in bed and lie dead still for an hour or two with an empty mind ...

screw all that lotus pozzy stuff, my legs wont bend that way ...

I also walk. And walk. And walk. Preferably late and under the stars.

Brian ... Mental Escape is a nice track ...

[This message has been edited by auto302823 (edited 07 June 2002).]

im constantly in the process of becoming something else,like everything around me and everything in existance.

but lately and by lately i mean the last few months, my main form of spiritual 'entertainment' and i use that word because its all about having fun inside yourself.

i think alot of all this 'spiritual' stuff is taken all to seriouly,which kinda takes away some of the most important and benificial part of these experiences.

is-i turn off the lights,put on my headphones and crank the fattest and funkiest goa=psy beats i can find.

listening is one thing,but it opens up a whole new dimension of being when you move to the rythum.-trance-dance.

rythmic movement is the key.

ecstatic-out of static

ive thrashed so many albums,i just cant get enough.

VERY INFECTIVE-EFFECTIVE wink.gif

cant handle silence,makes me go crazy and i get didtracted.

the beats kinda distract me from distractions, and distracting myself smile.gif

rythum is the global language.

my plant of choice has been some home grown tobaco which was given to me.

i dont smoke,but have been learning to use this plant to help me trance.

the space it puts me into is amazing.

and very easy to work with.

most of what has been going over and through my mind is that its now a time to create our own rituals and to combine all techniques from all cultures from the past and to create what works best for each person.

alot of which is and has been happening.

techniques not beliefs

feeling this moment,

feeding the moon,

[This message has been edited by spiraleyes (edited 13 June 2002).]

edited

[This message has been edited by brian (edited 17 June 2002).]

Dragonfry, cool nice that you mention 5th dimention, I have been reading up on some online course about astral projection...

Not thinking can be a very hard thing to master indeed.... but indeed a very effective way...

Very helpfull tools are mantras.... when I meditate on stopping my thoughts I normally stall into some sort of mantra.

auto302823

Yeah walking at night , is nice.. That really opens your senses! I love doing that very much too. & hot baths really do it for me too!

Yo spiraleyes!

How do you prepare/take your tabacco????

Guest DragonFyre

Brian: you should try and actually project to the astral, its something EVERYONE does at night when they sleep (dreams) just most people are lost in thier own minds (subconsious; dreams and semi-conscious; lucid dreaming) the idea of astral is to "wake up" from your dreams and actually see what is really there... And you will be suprised actually how 'real' it is... even more-so then this world (after all it is a higher dimension) definately a more peaceful relaxing happier place.... words cant describe....

and yes not thinking is VERY hard as the mind almost always has that "chatter" deep down in the back somewhere... its something Ive only been able to achieve for SECONDS at a time but its more than most can... and its in that time when you have those 'mental blanks' when the mind is at total peace, when the spirit can leave for the 6th and 7th dimensions (6th is where all life emenates from so its like 'home')and if you can achieve that state it will change you FOREVER, quite a profound experience when you truely achieve meditation, great 'rewards' from above...

and mantras can be some of the most useful mental tools you will ever find (they have been for me and MANY others I know) there are even mantras FOR astral projection (to help seperate the other bodies from the physical material one) amungst many other things like increasing intuition and helping to open your third eye for some examples... someone here posted before about a theory of how people/beings used to communicate in sound vibrations (VERY true) I think it was Mesq... I ask, what do u think mantras are? exactly that

and going for a walk can be the best way to clear the mind... fresh air, plently of life... plants... energy from the sun/moon plus just naturally connecting with the earths energies.... can be a most wonderful thing smile.gif

Hope y'all are doing great in your spiritual practices and good luck and best wishes with them wink.gif after all how can 'perfecting' yourself be wrong?!?

I just ride the waves of chaos and keep my eyes peeled for a bigger peak wink.gif

There's a road near my place that runs through dry Victorian light gum forest. The corners are beautifully cambered and, like quite a few twisty roads in Victoria, there's even a nasty, unmarked, descending-radius turn. The trees start at the edge of the road. Nobody lives for miles around. The road itself, although well-built, is usually littered with shredded tyres, molten patches from tyre friction, and copious quantities of nuts, bolts, screws and broken 'safety' glass.

I empty my mind of fear, ensure correct setting on my Koni shockers, and concentrate on riding this blind-cornered bitch of a road more quickly and smoothly than I did the last time.

It is my challenge to fate and my spitting in the face of time. When one places oneself in that situation, there is nothing but the shifting of weight, the cranking of the twistgrip, the exquisite ballet of clutch, gear and throttle. It is not a place where time matters. It is not a place where I think about a broken heart, or unpaid bills, or stress at work.

I know at any curve I have a good chance of meeting a car coming at me sideways, or a screw being flicked up by my front wheel and blowing out my rear tyre while leaning into a 45km/h corner at 80 or so... and I look into the face of death and accept that any day is a good day to die, if you die in pursuit of happiness and freedom.

I always feel strangely calm after Diamond Hill Road. Like my Karma has een reset and recharged. That's what I do to keep myself spiritually updated.

waz

Well lets see if i can my words to work at this time of night.

I like to ride my bike mountain bike

wonderfull smell wonderfull viues its so impressive round here allwasy makes me feal good sometimes, just ride up there and sit there all arvo and just look at nothing

kinda nice helps me put shit back into perspective like theres you and nothing

I find that helpfull for me to work shit out to. nothing but nothing no commy cars or people with mobile phones

just me and nothing wonderfull helps me focus like I said so I gues in some weard way its like meditation helps me focus on shit and makes me feal better.

A bit of adrelian never hurt smile.gif

yeah I think thats what the topic is referfing to well I hope so anyway.

Other then that I hafto go with more music

its allways there allways ready to crank up some NIN helps me understand some of the shit that gets tossed about my scone and have often been known to space out for a few hours wile the cd stacker goes off...

that helps me keep upstars in tac a bit Like been out rideing but with out the visuals also stops me thikin about everthing that I don't need to be

ahh yeah thats what i do

if thats not in line with the topic just del the wast of bandwidth stuff

pyrotek

Do not adjust your mind,

Reality is malfuncting

[This message has been edited by pyrotek (edited 18 June 2002).]

Assas! You Surf mon!!!!?! Alright!

SURF really does it too!

I surf every day if I can!

My home break(s)... are not even close world class, but fun. (cept two breaks on a small isand nearby....which are fast hollow, shallow, crystal clear water...perfection)

just thinking of them brings me in a state of well being.

mmmmmmmm.....you don't know what you are missing out....I'm stone deaf (not hearing impaired, thats a big difference, as deaf can hear noises, with aid of hearing aids but they don't know what the noises are), I cannot hear a damn thing, I just sit down and just relax and just do nothing, let the herbs/substances take over me and observe the effects, the nature, beaches, views, stars, the moon or whatever depending where I am.... it's very blissful...in very quiet state....I'm no longer wearing hearing aids (I wear them only when I'm at work)....the world is just damn too nosiy..dogs barking, loud revheads, nosiy neighours, traffic, parties, I am starting to realise what the earth possibly may sound like over 2000 years ago, (apart of these nature noise of course, I don't know the differences anyway).....I believe the herbs/substances's effects is different on the deaf people, we are very highly visual people, we have higher senses of smells, tastes, feelings to make up for our hearing loss, it's the same with the blind, they have stronger sense of smell, taste and hearing to make up for their visual loss. I wish you could see our dreams when we are sleeping, I cannot hear a thing when I'm dreaming, never have, and my dreams is very colourful and very highly visual "language" to tell me the moods of my dreams, eg. bright colours equals happy moods, dark/moody colours equals fear, worries, warnings, danger and anger. You guys have got no idea what you are missing out...you should try start living in silence world, use ear plugs if you have to..... smile.gif

I can handle being blind, but not deaf. I had to have my eyes taped up once for 2 weeks and I found this state 'interesting'. Used to take a lot of drugs then too and enjoyed the visual 'silence'.

But as soon as my hearing is affected I get paranoid. Like one time I passed out in a speaker bin at a rave and couldn't hear anything for days afterwards. I couldn't relax at all, constantly looking over my shoulder trying to keep an eye on all angles. I've had an infection of one ear drum for the last 3 months (bloody doc was giving me anitbiotic drops even though it wasn't bacterial) and at times I was deaf on that one ear. I wasn't worried about the infection, but I got really stressed about not being able to hear in stereo. It stressed me that I can't instantly work out where a sound comes from. I guess it might be different if you can't hear anything at all, but still, going deaf really freaks me out (and I've done plenty of damage already, so it is likely at some stage). There's no way I could do drugs while having a hearing impairment.

mmm...I think I kinda understand where you coming from Torsten, it's different for me, I was born deaf, and I'm used to it, learnt to accept living in silence world while growing up. If I suddenly become blind, I would be very paranoid, probably freaking out like hell....I guess everyone is different anyway.....

I've always been intrigued by the following concept. if a person becomes blind and then a few years later takes acid, do they get 'closed eye visuals'?? I presume so. however, if a person has been blind all their life, do they get such visuals??

Ditto for deaf people. Do people who became deaf after they were born have auditory hallucinations?? Do you (having been deaf all your life) get such hallucinations? if yes, what are they like?? you said before that you can hear noises with a hearing aid, but you can't tell what they are. if you do get audiroty hallucinations, do you know what the noises are (seing as you would have created them in your mind)?

this thing intrigues me no end.....

Originally posted by Torsten:

this thing intrigues me no end.....

heh heh you reminded me of "Mr.Data" from TV's Star Trek series. It's kinda hard for me to explain, If I'm tripping with hearing aids, I can't tell the differences if it's real noises or auditory hallucations they both sound the same, it's just meaningless noises, but if I'm tripping without hearing aids, I never get auditory hallucations, but sometimes I hear the "noise" that I "hear" when I'm wearing hearing aids but got no idea where the noises came from (as if I'm wearing hearing aids but I aren't), it's rare when these kind of things happen to me, but it may happen to other deaf people.

If it was a person suddenly became deaf in their life if they were born hearing, auditory hallucations is possiblty I believe. Maybe same with the blind do, since I believe the brain may have stored some memories before you suddenly became deaf or blind, the drug effects may have confused brain's chemicals, etc...I am no expert.

But the interesting thing I noticed when I'm tripping, I do get these weird type of hallucations, I have no idea what they are called/type of hallucations it feels like if there's object/person/ghost/spirit around or behind me or lightly touching me, but there's nothing there, just my mind playing games, its hard to explain, when I'm walking while tripping alone, sometimes I get bit jumpy thinking that there was someone walking behind/following me as if there was some kind of "angel" or some shit floating above me, it doesn't make me paranoid, just bit jumpy. Sometimes I sort of "sense" that there's a hole on the ground, and I kinda of walk funny, sort of "tip toeing" as if I am walking in a family home don't want to wake the house up,it's very strange experience.... Hope this makes any sense to you.

But it can be bloodly hard for me to communicate other people if I'm hallucating hard visually (specially shrooms) it's hard to read lips or sign language, it's just impossible, for few hours!

When I'm in raves, I "feel" the vibrations from these powerful huge woofers/speakers, and the light effects also makes the drug's effects more enjoyable of course :P

There is a technology that makes deaf person hear, called "cochlear implants", they put a long thin wire around your hear drums into your brain, and all the noises you will hear is computerized, and it's pointless for a 24 year old to have these implants, it like going back to a baby and learn all these sounds and speak differently all over again, and you will have to go thru "sound training" for approx. 5-7 years, thats why this technology is way better for deaf babies, and have these implants soon as the baby's born and it will be just the same as hearing baby learning all the sounds while growing up.

If there was a better technology ever in the future that will make me "hearing person", I will turn the offers down, I rather stay the way I am.

Cheers...WA

[This message has been edited by WarpedAstro (edited 01 July 2002).]

What a trippy thread this turned out to be.

Thank you WarpedA for sharing and giving some insight in the world of the hearing impaired.

Pretty color dreams! heh!

If there was a better technology ever in the future that will make me "hearing person", I will turn the offers down, I rather stay the way I am.

nice to hear that smile.gif

Originally posted by WarpedAstro:

heh heh you reminded me of "Mr.Data" from TV's Star Trek series.

I wish wink.gif

if I'm tripping without hearing aids, I never get auditory hallucations, but sometimes I hear the "noise" that I "hear" when I'm wearing hearing aids but got no idea where the noises came from

so in effect these are auditory hallucinations right?? rare though.

since I believe the brain may have stored some memories before you suddenly became deaf or blind

that is basiclaly what I was getting at. Are hallucinations sensory stimuli formed at the time or are they simply distorted memories popping up inappropriately?? Only people with such impairments can tell us this.

But the interesting thing I noticed when I'm tripping, I do get these weird type of hallucations

I used to get the same on acid. It used to make me a little paranoid while i was living in the city, but this was never the case in the country.

On DMT I get this very strongly. I feel like I have a guardian hovering behind and slightly above me, knowing that no harm can come to me from this direction (ie outside my field of vision).

But it can be bloodly hard for me to communicate other people if I'm hallucating hard visually (specially shrooms) it's hard to read lips or sign language, it's just impossible, for few hours!

I nearly wet myself laughing at this. Not at your problem that is, but simply at the thought of trying to get by on purely the visual sense while this particular sensory process is all over the place. I was just imagining how there are some things one has to do while tripping really hard, that are purely visual. Like I got myself into trouble a few times while taking a leak and having no idea whether i had been, was going, or have finished. Visual confirmation was of no use whatsoever. A deaf person would rely on visual clues a lot more and would run into this problem with a whole array of things I would take for granted.

When I'm in raves, I "feel" the vibrations from these powerful huge woofers/speakers, and the light effects also makes the drug's effects more enjoyable of course :P

now that is cool! Do you get enough of a vibrating effect to follow the music (ie at least the beats)? I guess you could always stand closer to the speaker wink.gif

How about during music breaks/instrumentals.... can you tell it is an instrumental (by what indicators?) or is is just as if someone turned the music off?

it's pointless for a 24 year old to have these implants

it appears that you are extremely comfortable with your lack of hearing. I like that. However, there would have to be many (of any age) who are not dealing with it quite so well. And I guess for those, 5-7 years is nothing in comparison to another 40 yars of deafness.

Well....when I'm at raves, I can't really tell the differences between techno, hardcore trance, goa trance, instrumentals, etc.. but I can tell when music breaks is on by feeling the hardness of beat's vibrations, and watching other raver's body language,but for some weird reasons I

kind like the feelings of vibrations and beats creeping all over my body when I am under influnce on some substances, I really can't explain, if I tried to explain to you it's like trying to explain what colour of blue like's to a blind fella....The best rave I ever been to is when I went to Auckland about 18 months ago, whoa, they had these new "turbo" subwoofers (I have no idea what they are, but I could feel the differences from a normal standard speakers) it was awesome, and I was standing right next to the speakers, the beats and vibrations just overtook my body like a virus, I could no longer feel my body, just the vibrations, and even when the rave finished, I could still feel, um....whats the word...hearing people get "ringing ears", but I kind had a "ringing body", it's not the right word, or maybe it was just the substance I took's effects.....it was very surreal expereince.

Also I work as Accommodation Support Worker, for the handicapped both mentally and physically, I have always wondered what it would be like if I get some eccies, trips, or shrooms, and feed these people that I look after, and take them to raves, and see how they will react?? because sometimes I wonder if handicapped people are more likely to enjoy the drug's effects because they are mentally unstable to worry or freak out, they are just plan thick and dumb (not I'm putting them down, it's what they are like) while we people have worries, problems, etc..and drugs make us to get emotional because we are aware and understand what's going on?? but the mentally handicapped are unable to understand their emotionals in "higher level"?? of course they have emotional feelings, but very basic and simple signs of

emtionals...know what I mean, trying to blab on??

In the early 90's used to organise private shroom parties every second weekend. Most of the attendees were smartish sorta people, but one day this really dumb kid came along with two of his friends. I have never met 3 so incredibly dumb people in my life - we're talking IQ well under 80, probably even under 70! They were not impaired or disabled in any way. Basically none of us could talk to them cos we had nothing in common and they didn't understand even the simplest things the Highschoolers conversed about. I was really worried that they would freak out on the shrooms and tried to hide them. Somehow they made it back into the group and these guys (not having even the most basic understanding of dosing) munched about a double dose in my absence. I have rarely seen people so out of it, but to my surprise they were the happiest of the whole group. It appears their total ignorance to anything going on around them was bliss for them. It seems that as they are unable to think more than a single simple thought at a time, this translates to not being able to get into thought loops while tripping. Funny thing is that these guys had some real problems and anyone smarter than them would have probably stumbled on these problems, but they just coulnd't put it into a concept while out of it.

Ignorance IS bliss wink.gif

on another note... I like nightclubs where the subwoofer is mounted in the floor as this makes the vibrations travel through the body much stronger.

BTW, ringing in ears is rarely from the music simply being loud, but moreso from the amps/speakers distorting. I like raves where the system is only run at less than 50% capacity as you can basically spend all night infront of the speaker and get no ringing in the morning. I like the speaker proximity too. The vibrations do things to my heart.... nice things.