The Corroboree
J Smith

Consultation on implementation of model drug schedules for Commonwealth serious drug offences

That's possible

The same tactics were used when enterprise bargaining came in and still are

We're going to take A B C D E off you

When they could only get away with taking A&C (which was all they really wanted) workers were left screwed with the pretence that they actually won something.

Typical fascist tactics

@ Shortly - Sally is already considered "evil" by our corporate controlled government (puppets)

I totally agree with you on the former.

And as for the latter i suspect it will mean instead of just having the state cops all over some poor slob for having a sally plant the AFP would be able to come in as well & get to practice until a real terrorist appears.

Oh yeah i forgot gardeners not registered with monsanto or Dupont are almost the same as terrorists.

I think we can assume this will be at number 1 in next 24 hours easy. Prob next 12 hours.

Wonder if any1 at GETUP has taken notice yet?

Another reply to my email from a nursery:

Thank you very much for this notification, the nursery industry was not aware of this matter, it has now gone to the Victorian and national bodies who will have significant input, I have also requested the information be passed to all the garden magazines where possible, unfortunately the deadline is to close for most.

Hey all can someone explain to me what the go is with your 10 votes can they be used on the one campaign or is it you can only use 3 for each campaign.

I am trying to push this more into the main stream now. The mum and dad gardeners and commercial growers.

Now 4th at 1779 votes

Cheers

Got

You can use your 10 votes on other issues. But you can only use 3 per issue

I discovered this when I voted same sex marriages:)

Fucking awesome crew Getup imo

• Like 1

Is not banning a species of plant not like saying we as the human species declare war on your species....I know we can get sucked into the destruction of flu germs is the same thing argument and so on but for some reason in plants I find it different. I'n not talking about the use of such species for any purpose in particular but just the outlawing that they exist...seems all wrong to me....It's like being around in the cowboy days and finding your mug shot on a shoot to kill poster with a 55 dollar reward..no one really asks too many questions..lets do our best to protect these species from ourselves...Why do we believe We are GOD? And what are we protecting man kind from?newimprovedwinkonclear.gif

Well, one thing that is generally unspoken...is the fact that if everyone obeyed the law, illegal plants would become extinct. How that can not sadden people is beyond me. In the blink of an eye (the war on drugs has only existed for a few decades) our leaders would destroy many species of plants given the chance. What would happen when the following generations realise that it was a mistake. They would look back with great sadness at these misguided times I believe.

So what will happen to current laws in South Australia (which have been virtually the same as what is being proposed on a federal level for several years, from my understanding) if a big fuss is made now?

Also, it seems you can log in, vote (x3), log out, log in, vote (x3) to reach a maximum of 10 votes... I didn't take note if the vote count actually increased but it seemed to work. Has anyone else been able to do that and noticed if it is increasing the vote count?

The governments of the world are experiencing collective paranoia ,they fear losing control over the populous. People are waking up, empowering themselves and seeing through the grand lies... its not long now till complete utter chaos , this is just another attempt at restricting our freedoms so we think it normal to accept more restriction in the future.:blush:

Edited by blowng

I don't think this virtual voting will do jack personally, the governments of the world are experiencing collective paranoia ,they fear losing control over the populous. People are waking up, empowering themselves and seeing through the grand lies... its not long now till complete utter chaos , this is just another attempt at restricting our freedoms so we think it normal to accept more restriction in the future.:blush:

I prey god you are right....thank the heavens above that we now have the internet....I would still be an oblivious fool cause I would have been way too lazy to hit a library. This I think is what is making the change in people...they are coming together...cool ain't it....In an ugly kind of waybiggrin.gif

thank the heavens above that we now have the internet

this may also change

standup Getup...your plants need you

Edited by lickapop

getup standup

Edited by blowng

I think it will be ranked No 1 by 643am tomorrow

Edited by lickapop

I don't think this virtual voting will do jack personally

That sort of statement seems to idicate that you don't understand how GetUp works and what they do.

The voting itself will not do anything about the laws, but the voting will get GetUp involved to start a campaign. GetUp is well financed and highly effective. They get the stories into the media and they get listened to in canberra, because if politicians don't listen they end up becomign targets of GetUp's publicity.

getUp does not shy away from legal action and High Court challenges. Last year they won the High Court challenge against Howard era electoral laws that discriminated against young people - enough to give tens of thousands of young people the right to have their votes counted. GetUp did this without any help from media or politicians.

Politicians hate GetUp because they can't control it like they control the media. The media loves GetUp because it causes shitfights that the media then thrives on without shouldering blame. getUp is for us the best way to get big national exposure in a very short time, and as we only have 5 weeks, we need such an organisation to make this big. if GetUp does not pick this up then the votes will do nothing and will be a waste of time as you suggest, but the voting is not about making a petition to government, it is about letting GetUp know where to prioritise their action. I agree that online petitions are a waste of time, but this isn't an online petition.

Also, can we please keep the conspiracy stuff to a minimum in this thread. This topic is getting a huge amount of attention and much of it is mainstream. The mainstream is quick to lump this important campaign in with the other conspiracy stuff which usually results in apathy. Apathy is our biggest enemy at the moment. PLEASE.

• Like 2

1st ranked

Wow.

hi,

i was just thinking, would it be worthwhile to have an online form where you can send a template submission straight to the [email protected] email address, perhaps through the saveourpllants website or somewhere else? i remember doing this for some getup campaigns, and maybe getup wont have time to mobilise a campaign before the end of the submission date. the availability of an easy submission form may persuade some people to hit send whereby they may have thought they were otherwise too busy or whatever to do themselves.

Is there anyway to find out if getup have even taken notice of this yet? Or if they plan to do anything on this subject?

A template might be a good idea, but the main thing is that people do contribute.

Also, now would be the time to write to your federal MP and Senators with many of the same points that you would be including in the submission.

I second Torsten's comments above.

With various linkies and such, this thread could be one of the bigger stopping points for people trying to figure out what's going on. Certainly, if GetUp! hasn't been here yet to do some research, I'm sure that they will drop by soon. And don't forget that Kahuin has linked to here.

We probably need to keep our focus tight, so that guests here don't judge our banter as evidence that Canberra is right.

On the template issue, it can be a good idea, but not if everyone sends in exactly the same form. Especially when people foregt to take out stuff like "insert 5 or so countries that are different from ones already requested", which makes it look just like a crude letter-storming exercise. In that case the impression begins to form at the bureaucratic/government level that there is not much independent thinking behind the matter, or that the campaign is not a sincere representation of a cross-section of the community. Give the pencil-pushers that impression, and they'll fight tooth-and-nail to discredit this campaign, whether they are justified in doing so, or not.

Probably the best way to handle it is to have a list of all of the possible points, and for those who just want to do a quick response to pick three or four at random and expand on them using their own words. People who have a bit more experience could probably take on more points, and write more detailed submissions, and between the two strategies there should be enough signal getting across that doesn't sound like a flock of galahs, parroting a rote-learned line, that some concern should spark in heads in Canberra.

This actually reminds me of a good series of points that Shortly made on AE:

We need to attack this from every possible side, and try to do it as asymmetrically as possible so they are unlikely to have thought of a defence against it.

For EG we have a free trade agreement with the US, buy banning the sale of trich etc seed that will impact directly on sales of US nurseries so we need to be encouraging MESA gardens etc etc etc to write with their extreme displeasure to their congressmen/woman about the Australian gubberment unfairly taking away export income from them at a time of economic down turn.

AndI think we need to find a focal point, a charismatic leader.

this will sound nuts but someone like Hitler, he could say absolutely horrendous things & people would still think the sun shone out of his arse, not because he was sane, not because he was handsome., not because he was a wonderful bloke.

But because he oozed charisma! and because he was one of the best public speakers in history.

And that is precisely what we need.

(note don't look at me i possess anti-charisma, putting my in the same space as someone with charisma could lead to the destruction of all of reality :lol: )

We need someone who could go on national telly and radio (are there any genuine & popular current affairs or similar programs apart from on the ABC?) and look credible & appeal to ppl

Has a face book & twitter campaign started yet? & if so has it gained any ground?

We probably should look at taking on some related side issues such as food crops & wider medicinals as a way of gaining wider mainstream support, the permies, the herb guys/gals probably a dozen others that i'm sure will occur to us over the next few days. After all they will potentially be affected by this as well, not to mention where it could lead to if the gubberment gets its way.

After all if there are wide spread problems with telly's up ppl moan, if there are wide spread problems with ciggy's ppl whinge, if there are wide spread problems with food ppl riot & gubbermets fall & they know it. Hell look at Tunisia, their president & his family only just made it out with their lives. Oh and 1.5 ton of gold in their luggage.

I'll repost this in case ppl missed it

Khat leaves are/have been commercially imported, so if we can locate the source we should be able to use the international trade treaties to our advantage buy notifying the exporting suppliers.

Does anyone have any contacts in the African communities that might know where to buy Khat leaves as a starting point."

If Khat leaves are still being commercially imported exporters may be able to get compo for lost future earnings through the WTO conventions.

The only way to beat these bastards is at their own game.

Deep breaths, focus, plan and execute. Unfortunately this isn't a war, it's a battle, and there are no second chances.

Edited by WoodDragon

I second Torsten's comments above.

With various linkies and such, this thread could be one of the bigger stopping points for people trying to figure out what's going on. Certainly, if GetUp! hasn't been here yet to do some research, I'm sure that they will drop by soon. And don't forget that Kahuin has linked to here.

We probably need to keep our focus tight, so that guests here don't judge our banter as evidence that Canberra is right.

On the template issue, it can be a good idea, but not if everyone sends in exactly the same form. Especially when people foregt to take out stuff like "insert 5 or so countries that are different from ones already requested", which makes it look just like a crude letter-storming exercise. In that case the impression begins to form at the bureaucratic/government level that there is not much independent thinking behind the matter, or that the campaign is not a sincere representation of a cross-section of the community. Give the pencil-pushers that impression, and they'll fight tooth-and-nail to discredit this campaign, whether they are justified in doing so, or not.

Probably the best way to handle it is to have a list of all of the possible points, and for those who just want to do a quick response to pick three or four at random and expand on them using their own words. People who have a bit more experience could probably take on more points, and write more detailed submissions, and between the two strategies there should be enough signal getting across that doesn't sound like a flock of galahs, parroting a rote-learned line, that some concern should spark in heads in Canberra.

This actually reminds me of a good series of points that Shortly made on AE:

Deep breaths, focus, plan and execute. Unfortunately this isn't a war, it's a battle, and there are no second chances.

Happy to stand shoulder to shoulder with you on this one......newimprovedwinkonclear.gif

I think GetUP will be able to fill some of the roles above. eg the charismatic leader. I think an experienced mediawhore is a much better choice as they are better at dealing with mud thrown at them, wheras chrismatic leaders often get emotional about the issue and hence stray off message. We also need to be careful about being accurate as mistakes can really hurt the campaign. eg, someone who signed in as a Dr on the GetUp comments stated that lettuce contains opiates. Ummm, not a good argument.

I am not sure we can find someone who is charismatic and has a solid legal and pharmacological foundation and I don't think it would be wise to cut corners on any one of these three points. Mind you, I could easily train someone in the legal aspects of this, so if there is someone who fits the charisma and pharmacology profile, I think we can round that off easily.

We also need to be careful not to be hikacked by the cannabis legalisation lobby. we should focus on the proposed changes, not on legalising everything, as this will marginalise us with the mainstream.

• Like 1