The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
migraineur

Freecycle

Hi guys,

I am not sure if this has been posted before as I am newish to the forums and quite drunk right now but I thought you might find this interesting: http://www.freecycle.org/group/AU/

Freecycle allows you to advertise things that you are looking for that others might be throwing out and vice versa and it is a good way to help people and our planet.

Cheers,

Migraineur

yep its a top resource, I am a member of my local group. Better than recycling is re-using :)

free cycle is fucking awesome. found so many fantastic things on there.

the brisbane group requires you join a yahoo group first, which requires a yahoo account... is this the same for all freecycle?

kalika i'm pretty sure my normal email (gmail) doubles as yahoo id.

Friend of mine's wife is hooked on it, she's a moderator for her local area so gets lots of first listing benefits by calling for good stuff before she approves the posts lol some of the random stuff she comes home with is amazing though, they got a windows tablet pc last time I was there, time before that a old windows cube pc for a media center, her husband jokes that when she gets older she will be one of those hoarders like from the simpsons, the crazy old lady who throws cats at people lol

wow have managed to find homes for most of my stuff on freecycle in the space of a few hours! just make sure you aren't offering stuff to people that seem to be getting things of freecycle and on-selling them on gum tree etc... unfortunately I found a few people claiming hardship then searching their phone number I found things like plasma TV's for sale on other sites!

I love freecycle. Im going to miss it when I leave melbourne.

It makes moving so much easier. Anything you dont want to take.. gets taken for you.

Apparently Melbournes freecycle is one of the top freecycle towns in the world from memory. I have no link to back that up right now.

Might dig it up after work.

Edited by niggles