The Corroboree
Chiral

POND CLEANER.

Bloody hell ,talk about guinea pigs ....

The fuckin sun, :BANGHEAD2: , so noone else has to visit such a trash website.

"JUST five weeks after a Sun campaign led to a ban on killer party drug meow meow, the market is flooded with potentially lethal replacements - all of them LEGAL.

And as the music festival season kicks off again, one of the mind-altering substances in particular, NRG-1, is causing deep concern.

It is so strong that the dealer we bought some from admitted in a secret recording that he forced himself to be SICK after taking too much, as he was scared of overdosing.

In a north London pub, supplier James handed over two grammes of the white powder for £30 and said: "I did one and a half grammes myself at the weekend. I just stuck it in a five-gramme bag and done it all in one go.

"But I put two fingers down my throat afterwards to make myself sick.

"I just thought, 'You f***ing idiot, people are saying this is well dangerous.'

"I got rid of about half of it and then I was going all day and night."

Online, NRG-1 is sold as a "pond cleaner", and is even cheaper than when bought in person from dealers such as James.

NRG-1 ... Energy 1 is chemical naphyrone, similar to mephedrone

One site says of naphyrone - NRG-1's chemical name - "This pond cleaner is even better than any of our previous products - but it also means you need to use less in your pond to get the desired results!"

From this site we bought two grammes of naphyrone for £20, including postage, and it arrived in two days.

We had also found James online, and when we dialled the mobile number listed, he arranged to meet us within an hour.

In a 30-minute conversation - which we filmed without his knowledge - he told us he had been sentenced to six months in prison for dealing cocaine and ecstasy two and a half years ago.

He now studies business at a London university but sells NRG-1 on the side. He also claimed to be able to get a kilo of banned meow meow.

Harmful

He said: "I sell more NRG-1 than I did M-Kat (another name for meow meow). It's really popular with students."

Most of the legal drugs gaining popularity after the meow meow ban are readily available in High Street shops for around £15 each, and many are caffeine-based.

Others contain harmful chemicals, requiring a warning to be printed on the packet by law.

Headtonik, a shop in Manchester, sold us a substance called Karma, labelled "Bath caps" and "Not for human consumption".

Staff claimed the single £10 blue capsule, containing brown powder, has the same effects as meow meow.

Another shop sold us two white pills called Doves Ultra, with a label warning: "Plant feeder, not for human consumption". Other meow meow alternatives include Bliss, at around £1.50 per pill. Its effects include an energy rush with potential palpitations, insomnia and anxiety.

But NRG-1 is the "legal high" which most worries experts. The effects are similar to rave drug ecstasy, giving the user a sense of intense euphoria and energy for 12 hours or more.

But the side-effects can include sweating, sickness, fainting - and even death.

Dr Ken Checinski, medical director of drugs charity Addaction, says: "This is a drug designed to be very similar to illegal drugs but to slip past legislation by being very slightly different.

"The dangers which can go with these drugs are potential heart attacks, breathing problems and high blood pressure.

"When the user experiences a comedown, coming off the drug, they could feel depressed, even suicidal."

Art student Caroline-Jane Ryder, 24, from Merseyside, takes around three grammes of NRG-1 every week. She says: "It doesn't matter what they ban, there will be something else to take its place.

"I used to take trips and pills, but because NRG is legal I feel better in myself because it doesn't feel like I'm doing anything wrong.

"I'd say one third of the people I know take it. Until booze and entry to clubs become cheaper, legal highs are going to be massive."

Home Office Minister James Brokenshire said last night: "Action to address the issue of emerging legal highs coming on to the market is a priority for the Government.""

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/2984320/Next-meow-meow-to-hit-clubs-and-festivals.html

Any advertisment is good advertisment eh, The fucking article looks like one big ad.

I'm not understanding the negative responses here...it's a chemical, a synthed drug just like mdma...does anyone have any info or have data to say that this is anymore or less dangerous or neurotoxic than mdma or mda, 2cb etc...?

in fact, the research done on these indicates that they are quite possibly safer than mdma.

I would think that the UK will probably get an analogs clause under the new government and that will put an end to these pills in the legal market.

You talking about Naphthylpyrovalerone Torsten?, can you post links or source?

Yeah I see a blanket analogs clause aswell, all thanks to the SUN campaign of course. I would'nt doubt another webtryp beore then though.

So before meow meow was taken off the shelves, was this ''pond cleaner'' being used as a pond cleaner? or is that just a clever way of selling it to not attract attention ? How would this stuff effect goldfish i wonder hmm...

So before meow meow was taken off the shelves, was this ''pond cleaner'' being used as a pond cleaner? or is that just a clever way of selling it to not attract attention ? How would this stuff effect goldfish i wonder hmm...

My guess is this is how it would look:

post-1315-127501170915_thumb.jpg

Could u sew if u killed ur plants and fish in pond for actually using it as a pond cleaner?

Yes Blown, it is just a selling tek like bansai plant food.

If your ponds not as clean as it could be heres why.

"Second generation mephedrone

The confusing case of NRG-1

Since the recent ban on mephedrone,1 2several alternative products have been introduced on internet websites. One of the most prominently discussed second generation products is Energy 1 (NRG-1), also advertised as naphyrone (naphthylpyrovalerone, O-2482), which originated from a group of compounds previously described in the medicinal chemistry literature.3

These products are offered as legal substitutes for the recently criminalised "legal highs," the mephedrone derivatives. One of the earlier studies exploring the motivation for using these drugs suggested that consumers think that they are more likely to be of higher purity than street drugs, carry a lower risk of physical harm, and not be liable for the criminal sanctions associated with drugs controlled under the Misuse of Drugs Act.4

To obtain an initial snapshot of the post-ban situation, we purchased 17 products online from 12 UK based websites over the six weeks after the ban on mephedrone in mid-April 2010. Chemical analysis was carried out by established procedures (table 1Go).5

Most of the NRG-type products were recently banned cathinones that just carried a new label; this suggests that both consumers and online sellers are, most likely without knowledge, at risk of criminalisation and potential harm. This has important health and criminal justice consequences that will require carefully thought out responses and further investigation.

Cite this as: BMJ 2010;341:c3564

Simon D Brandt, senior lecturer in analytical chemistry1, Harry R Sumnall, reader in substance use2, Fiona Measham, senior lecturer in criminology3, Jon Cole, reader in psychology4

1 School of Pharmacy and Biomolecular Sciences, Liverpool John Moores University, Liverpool L3 3AF , 2 Centre for Public Health, Liverpool John Moores University, Liverpool L3 2AJ , 3 Department of Applied Social Science, Lancaster University, Lancaster LA1 4YT, 4 School of Psychology, University of Liverpool, Liverpool L69 7ZA"

http://www.bmj.com/cgi/content/full/341/jul06_1/c3564

"NRG-1 and NRG-2 products purchased online from UK based websites in the 6 weeks after the ban on mephedrone

Website No Label* Comment

1 NRG-1 Butylone + MDPV (3,4-methylenedioxypyrovalerone)

2 NRG-1 Flephedrone (4-fluoromethcathinone)

3 NRG-1 Flephedrone + MDPV

3 NRG-2 Methyl-N-ethylcathinone

4 NRG-1 Flephedrone + MDPV

5 NRG-1 Caffeine + traces of mephedrone

6 NRG-1 Naphyrone

7 NRG-1 Butylone + MDPV

8 MDAI Inorganic composition

9 NRG-1 Mephedrone

10 NRG-1 Inorganic composition

10 NRG-2 Mephedrone + benzocaine

11 NRG-1 Mephedrone

11 NRG-2 Mephedrone

11 DMC Caffeine + lidocaine

11 MDAI Mephedrone

12 NRG-2 4-Methyl-N-ethylcathinone

*DMC=dimethocaine, MDAI=5,6-methylenedioxy-2-aminoindane."

http://www.bmj.com/cgi/content-nw/full/341/jul06_1/c3564/TBL1

MDPV (3,4-methylenedioxypyrovalerone)

Fiend potential is concerning, from what I have seen and spoken to friends about, it makes other substances of dependency look like a putty tat. Look at NDRI's in Wiki.

M1 one the other hand seems pretty benign, far too short a peak to really work with