The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Audacia

The Blue Lotus Shop

Egyptian Blue Lotus

‘Nymphaea Caerulea’

Egyptian Blue Lotus is traditionally used to relieve pain, increase memory, increase circulation, promote sexual desire, and create feelings of well-being, euphoria and ecstasy, without the use of narcotics. Believed to contain the natural alkaloids of aporphine and nuciferine, it finds use as a Hypnotic, sedative, euphoric and anti-spasmodic. Producing an opiate-like intoxication and a sedated MDMA-like euphoria, Blue Lotus was traditionally drunk after being soaked in warm water or wine, while the dried flowers were also smoked. According to recent studies, Blue Lily was found to be loaded with health-giving phytosterols and bioflavonoids. It turned out to be one of the greatest daily health tonics ever found.

Our Lotus is grown on the North Coast of NSW. They are hand harvested, and naturally shade dried upon order, giving you the freshest final product that is to offer.

We guarantee the cheapest prices in Australia

Available sizes:

25g - $7.50

50g - $15.00

100g - $22.50

250g - $55.00

500g - $110.00

750g - $165.00

1000g - $200.00

Postage for all orders: $5.00 - $10.00, depending on size and weight.

Custom and bulk quantities are available upon request

For all orders and enquiries email:

[email protected]

Excellent prices! Good to see them come down to where they should be.

Just a word of caution though. Many [incl us] have been selling the local Nymphaea as N.caerulea due to a synonymy proposed by respected researchers in the field in south africa [link provided on our Nymphaea page]. Recent genetic testing appears to contradict this though and the local type is not N.caerulea. I am sure Entheo will post more on the matter in due course as it is only unfolding over recent months and more to come.

This misidentification may explain some of the differences in effect. It appears all the tropical species are worthwhile though - each with slightly different effects and potencies.

good point torsten,

i pose the question is any "blue lotus" grown in australia actually caerulea?

and this one for you t. is your blue lotus grown locally or imported? also what is the difference in effects?

also are the seeds you were selling from local N or imported?

cheers

Edited by ethnodude

i pose the question is any "blue lotus" grown in australia actually caerulea?

No, it appears this species is not yet established anywhere. A few people have seedlings, but that's about it.

and this one for you t. is your blue lotus grown locally or imported? also what is the difference in effects?

Until a couple of months ago all our blue lotus was australian local lotus [contrary to rumours that were spread to keep prices high for the other lotus sellers]. As the imported is cheaper and of much higher quality we opted for the imported stuff now. The overseas product comes from organic farms specifically set up for lotus supply rather than being harvested in the chemical laden sugarcane field drains that were the main source of oz lotus.

The overseas supplier also has different varieties which makes life more interesting. The local stuff is more aromatic though as it is dried without heat usually. Not that gentle heat harms the potency or anything, but once you have dried blue lotus in your home you kinda grow very fond of the aroma :wub:. I'll have a chat with audacia and see if we will stock the Oz product from him in future.

The differences in effect are subtle. Someone else is currently documenting them so I don't want to jump the gun on that. I'd imagine he'll post about it soon.

also are the seeds you were selling from local N or imported?

The seeds we were selling until about 6 months ago were the australian local species. Anything after that is the imported N.caerulea.

thanks for that t,

i guess a way to handle it is to label the australian N as australian blue lotus rather then egyptian caerulea to avoid confusion. i guess even that is misleading as Nymphaea is a lily rather then lotus.

i guess that the australian lotus was accepted by industry as caerulea and no one questioned its authenticity.

i look forward to the report on the difference in effects. i may grab some from both audacia and yourself to compare effects for myself. your comment about the chemical drains scares me. mind you there's sugar in just about every bit of food you buy now days.

thanks for clearing that up and being so honest about it t.

I am not sure if the species is Nymphaea Caerulea or the Australian species. I do know that they look identical to Nymphaea Caerulea, and comparing the effects from the local stuff, and imported Nymphaea Caerulea marked stuff, they are identical.

I am not sure if the species is Nymphaea Caerulea or the Australian species. I do know that they look identical to Nymphaea Caerulea, and comparing the effects from the local stuff, and imported Nymphaea Caerulea marked stuff, they are identical.

I'd really like to try some of this tea or with wine. :wub:

natural alkaloids of aporphine and nuciferine

Yeah I know Im anal about this but there is nothing in the literature to state that these alkaloids are found in the Nymphaea genus. They contain other alkaloids which Ive covered in other threads.

Guest Øskorei

Great prices ! I recently ordered 100grams of N. caerulea from Thailand (inspected by customs, and got through fine), and the price is pretty much on-par with what this chap is offering (although it seems the verdict is still out on ID, right?). Audacia, you'll no doubt get lots of business from many people here. Many thanks for 'keeping it real'.

Unfortunately I think I remember reading over at Australian Ethnobotany that The Blue Lotus Shop is not operating at the moment due to the owner having some other obligations requiring his/her attention for the time being.

I'm sure he'll/she'll let us know when their good to go again. :)

Yeah I know Im anal about this but there is nothing in the literature to state that these alkaloids are found in the Nymphaea genus. They contain other alkaloids which Ive covered in other threads.

Not anal enough. While I agree that aporphines are probably not in caerulea, the statement that the literature does not mention aporphines in the genus is obviously neglecting the fact that Diaz found it in N.ampla several decades ago and this is indeed in the lit [although really bloody hard to get]. I have cited the reference in a previous thread on this issue.

Given that ampla is quite different in effect to the other Nymphaea it may well be possible that Diaz was right.

hehehe yes all of this aporphine stuff stems from diaz's paper which I have not managed to get so yes he may well be correct but I would certianly like to read the paper and see his information before agreeing. So much in the literature points to there being none, and only diaz's single paper to them being in there.

Here is the list of diaz papers all said to contain his isolation of aporphines I cant work out which is the real one.

Diaz, J. L. 1975. Etnofarmacologia de Algunos Psicotropicos Vegetales de Mexico. Cuaderno Cien-tifico Cemef. No. 4. Centra Mexicano de Estudios en Farmacodependencia.

Diaz J.L. 1975. Ethnofamacología de plantas alucinógenas Latinoamericanas (Curanderos Científicos CEMEF 4), Centro de Estudios en Farmodependencia, Mexico D.f., pp 176–178

Diaz, J. L., Ninfaceas: Una lilia acuatica alucinogena entre 10s Mayas? In J. L. Diaz (ed.), Ethnofarmacologia de Plantas Alucinogenas Latinoamericanas, Mex. Estud Farmacodependencia,1975, pp. 174 - 181.

I think thats it.

why not just run some ampla though a GC?

None of those papers look familiar. Actually, I thought his aporphine stuff was published in a book long time ago [written in Italian I think].

Yeah would be fairly good proof to run some down a GC, combine that with an NMR of the crude stuff and that would certianly show up obvious things.

It depends what you think is in it though, aporphines may well be present I dont dispute that but certianly apomorphine and aporphine are not found in plants naturally, apomorphine being the rearrangement of morphine and aporphine is impossible to synthesise by the biosynthetic pathway aporphine alkaloids are formed by as they undergo phenolic oxidative coupling to join the rings and aporphine dont contain a phenol.

are you still open? do you know where i can buy some?

thanks