The Corroboree
Conan Troutman

VIC Camping trip

Just want expressions of interest too see if a Vic camping trip can or should be arranged for June/July :shroomer:

If I had my way this would be likely held in the Otways, and most likely at the Aire valley camp ground, with a backdrop of the giant Californian Redwoods and Aire river.

This is just off the Aire Valley Road, near Beech Forest and max of 30mins from Apollo Bay.

The Hopetoun Falls map should give anyone who hasnt been there a good idea of the area...

http://www.greatoceanroad.org/otways/waterfalls.asp#

So who is keen?

i think its a good idea and would consider making the trip if condtions were right, have been dreaming of heading down that way about that same time so would suitif one was welcome ;)

the NNSW camping trips attract statewide and are always a blast, its a great idea to have other state organise their own for the locals the ften cant make anyof thebigones due to travel restraints.

awesome location sugestion too!

Thats place looks magnificent..

Would like to go, but I doubt I would have the money to get there, that and I feel sick when I travel by plane :puke:

Vic is such a nice place though, Itd be nice to go down the great ocean road..and I like camping during the cold..good chance to test out my new sleeping bag..heh

Although the camp area is rather sheltered by ti-tree the ground can get quite wet, but I might say that the moisture has never been a problem for me and mates as it is such a beautiful area...wait till you walk among the 50y.o Redwood plantation! If its too wet it wouldnt be hard finding an alternative camp area, a bit higher up.

Would be welcoming all, except trolls... :lol:

the more ilook at the potential location the more im inclined to make the journey. if it sorts out and is a date near the NNSW camp currently being planned im make the suggestion we all make the pilgrimage to Vic to help this new community event. especially that time of year. maybe cold, but still worth the pilgrimage if the site is nearby the local delicasy

((Forgive my awful spelling))

the more ilook at the potential location the more im inclined to make the journey. if it sorts out and is a date near the NNSW camp currently being planned im make the suggestion we all make the pilgrimage to Vic to help this new community event. especially that time of year. maybe cold, but still worth the pilgrimage if the site is nearby the local delicasy

((Forgive my awful spelling))

haha thats the spirit! should be lots of local delicacies to go around...

Sounds like a lot of fun.

I've heard a lot about these camping trips... Would be good to attend one, if it turns out I'm welcome.. :rolleyes: .

invite the trolls. I'm keen for some psychic warfare. Mind Bullets! That's telekenisis homes!

------^^^^Bumpy Boo^^^^------

Judging by responses so far..the idea doesn't seem to be as popular as one would have hoped, :wacko:

Cmon campers!

mmmmmmm copper tops :shroomer:

If it isnt too far from home, then I'd be pretty keen - we are looking at getting some new wheels too, so it might be a good trip to test em out :lol:

Is there a bigger map (preferably of most of VIC showing its general location)? I should do a search, but I'm flat chat atm :(

These delicacies you speak of - will there be many around in that area at that time? Surely that'd be the best time and place wouldnt it? Mmmm!! Damn, it sounds tempting!

Is there a bigger map (preferably of most of VIC showing its general location)? I should do a search, but I'm flat chat atm

try HERE ace. :)

Would be awesome to make it down that way to meet up/indulge with a few fellow mycophiles. All depends on the usual cash and family situation at the time.

People can zoom out on this http://www.whereis.com/whereis/getMap.do;j...3-1?nref=getMap map for a better idea of locality.

I would also add the the camp site is FREE, and I will update with some pics of it in near future.

Ace - Certainly is a great time of year for fungi, mmmmm fungi. Would be great to see u there.

Bloody hell guys! We might as well go to King Island while we're there! :P

Tis going to be a rather large drive, but I might be able to organise something... All depending on family/work/cash situations at the time, of course :(

Do you reckon it'd be a one-nighter or a couple days?

Bloody hell guys! We might as well go to King Island while we're there! :P

Tis going to be a rather large drive, but I might be able to organise something... All depending on family/work/cash situations at the time, of course :(

Do you reckon it'd be a one-nighter or a couple days?

Hahaha bit far for you Ace?

It think the NSW trip could be easier for you dude...

Most peeps would probably stay 2 nights or more I guess?, depending on their situ..

Heres some pics from under the Redwoods...more to come

post-1069-1174363536_thumb.jpgpost-1069-1174363696_thumb.jpgpost-1069-1174363662_thumb.jpg

post-1069-1174363606_thumb.jpgpost-1069-1174363478_thumb.jpg

post-1069-1174363478_thumb.jpg

post-1069-1174363536_thumb.jpg

post-1069-1174363606_thumb.jpg

post-1069-1174363662_thumb.jpg

post-1069-1174363696_thumb.jpg

post-1069-1174363478_thumb.jpg

post-1069-1174363536_thumb.jpg

post-1069-1174363606_thumb.jpg

post-1069-1174363662_thumb.jpg

post-1069-1174363696_thumb.jpg

looks really beautiful, talk about a total 180 constrast from the NNSW site :) looks like woodlover heaven.

I hope it all works out for you guys, I wish I could make it but I think Ill have to save my pennies for EGA.

On a side note, you may want to PM Yowie, I think he may have been planning something similar?

looks really beautiful, talk about a total 180 constrast from the NNSW site :) looks like woodlover heaven.

I hope it all works out for you guys, I wish I could make it but I think Ill have to save my pennies for EGA.

On a side note, you may want to PM Yowie, I think he may have been planning something similar?

Thanks for the tip Andy, I will do that...

Awsome, the camp site looks stunning, reminds me of my old home town Daylesford.

I'm definately up for the trip... :lol:

Damn, that look absolutely awesome! Unfortunately I doubt that I'll make it now :( It is a rather long drive, and with a young bub and all, it could prove to be a rather large hassle... Perhaps in the next year or two :unsure:

I hope you guys get to take a few pics while you are there - it would be good to see a few in the gallery when you get back :)

no doubt there will be a cuople copper tops in them woods! :shroomer:

wow those pics look amazing. Definetely love to come, it'd be great meeting some of you plant fellas. Its a pitty ya can't make it ace.

Do we organize any music? Although the sounds of the forest would be enough. Would there be any buses going out there?

I love the forest :worship:

Awsome, the camp site looks stunning, reminds me of my old home town Daylesford.

I'm definately up for the trip... :lol:

old daylesford aye...

count me in CT. if it comes together i'd be more than happy to assisst in the logistics if needed. just yell out.

dashing idea man.

looking atthose pictures howcan anyone not make the distance, im mid coast NSW and dont drive LOL massive train ride and bumming rides is how ive always gotten things like this. driftin is the best way to travel.

but those pictures, i have to go to this place. it would be like visiting a place in a dream, i mean look at it. free camping works out sweet so its just travel ill have to pay for. and with this place, the longer the better! if its only a weekend thing i will SERIOUSLY be considering staying a few extra days, other are welcomed to stay longer with me, if not i might take the oppertunity to practice a 3 day papushna, awesome place. and would like to suggest a date arranged in the increasing lunar cycle if possible, one that suits all local members would be best.

id better start looking into travel

Ok...seems a goer so far,

need some suggestions for a date now, any and all ideas are welcome.

endogenous: where are you at?

more pics to come aswell

I work loads on the weekend but i may be able to come if all goes well :lol: