The Corroboree

I'm toying with the idea of offering woodrose seeds at ebay...

wondering if that would be pushing it a little to far...

sorry off the cactus topic here..

PD, :lol::rolleyes:

That is a nice pedro. But he's dreaming at $1000.

Maybe someone should offer him $300 for it and see what happens.

Gom, I don't see any reason why you couldn't sell woodrose seeds. You wouldn't advertise them as anything other than seeds for the purpose of cultivating a beautiful ornamental plant.

Well, well, it's a small world.

I think I know where the described cacti are. A couple of years ago, I went to buy a tractor from the guy, and noticed several enormous Trichs around the property. During negotiations for the tractor, I subtly referred to the specimens, without giving anything away, and the nonchalantly naive response indicated that he was blissfully unaware of their pedigree and heritage.

It's quite obvious, that someone has subsequently informed him of such.

there's about 15m of cactus there, which is about $65/m. urban tribes charges about $50/foot, ie $165/m.

so technically this guy is providing some pretty cheap wholesale cactus at about 60% off (standard margin for many sellers).

T, UrbanTribes pricing just depends on how much the dude who runs it has left, if you get in when he puts them up, the price for some extremely nice bridge or pach cuttings is $30/foot.

T, UrbanTribes pricing just depends on how much the dude who runs it has left, if you get in when he puts them up, the price for some extremely nice bridge or pach cuttings is $30/foot.

I wasn't criticising UT! I was just using them as a guide. However, I used the price for the thick mature pieces, not the tips. The latter seem to change frequently, but the former don't.

Even at $30/foot that's still $100/m, which is still much dearer than $65/m, so this sale is not all that expensive.

I would be hesitatnt to part with the cash before havign the cactus in my trailer though cos he might just send the cereus instead.