The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
hebrew

19th century tobacco preperations

here is an interesting document from the 1800's on tobacco preparation for pipe and snuff. might have to explore some of these snuffs one day. or versions of.

anyone got 100 pounds of tobacco leaf :scratchhead: damn tobacco laws.

19thcenturytobaccosnuffreceipts.pdf

thanks velvet,

I like the idea of the the Valerian snuff - sounds pretty tasty.

here is an interesting document from the 1800's on tobacco preparation for pipe and snuff. might have to explore some of these snuffs one day. or versions of.

anyone got 100 pounds of tobacco leaf :scratchhead: damn tobacco laws.

Irie VS,

Excellent post! Loads of great info.

Couple of questions though????

What's with all the salt petre? Don't this shit make your dick limp?

I've recently heard that the main cancerous ingredient in cigarettes, is sugar! I think honey maybe a better way to go??

What kind of Cassia were they using??

I love the concept of adding different Spices to the mixtures. i.e. Sassafras wood, elderflowers, Calamus root, nutmeg.....

I think we can come up with some other suggestions, MHRB? Sali?

I gotta start becoming self-sufficient with my tobacco use, this coming year. Sick and tried of paying the NWO for their poison!

Boycott Babylon!

Respect

Z

yes i would avoid saltpeter, remember this is over 100 years old.

the cassia i would guess is vietnamese cinnamon, thats what i would use anyway, rou gui i think the pinyin is for it, its pretty cheap to get from the asian supermarket and it smells divine too, the only cinnamon i use these days, however in herbal medicine terms it is a yang herb and is warming so when used in medicine, usually is balance with a yin herb. makes a great perfume too.

being self sufficient for any herb is something to aim for i think.

yes i would avoid saltpeter, remember this is over 100 years old.

the cassia i would guess is vietnamese cinnamon, thats what i would use anyway, rou gui i think the pinyin is for it, its pretty cheap to get from the asian supermarket and it smells divine too, the only cinnamon i use these days, however in herbal medicine terms it is a yang herb and is warming so when used in medicine, usually is balance with a yin herb. makes a great perfume too.

being self sufficient for any herb is something to aim for i think.

Irie,

Found some reference to Cassia fistula & tobacco. which is handy as I have a tree down the road!

They also mention Badiane, which is Star Anise.

Cascarilla is Croton eluteria.

Respect

Z

if you do any experiments i would love to hear how you go with them, how you find them etc.

the thing i like about it is it shows you how creative they got, these days in australia all you get is plain smoking stuff, i personally find snuff and chewing tobacco an interesting art, and requires skill to produce a good scented snuff, or a good snuff at all. those old schmalzler recipes are kept secret, but i would love to know who to make a good schmalzler, thats one of my favourite snuffs. that and NuNu. and i actually find smoking tobacco bland, i think snuff and chew exciting. its like food, you can eat fuckgin macdonalds or you could cook up your own hamburger and add to it your own preferences.

if you liked that pdf here is a valuable video about making perique, so many options to explore and no freedom to do so openly. you really want to have a paddock full of tobacco, that would be fun.

another thing i have been thinking about lately is making a sauce with some strong rustica - kinda like making abil or chimo without going to the resin, but a strong reduced tea, and then adding that to tobacco leaf, and rolling it like the old fulla does in the video, i think that would be some super potent tobacco especially if you are using rustica.

its kinda like the old brasil tobacco rolls.

Irie,

its like food, you can eat fuckgin macdonalds or you could cook up your own hamburger and add to it your own preferences.

I think you've got a point, MacD's is no longer food after they've added silicon & all the other crap.

I was also thinking replacing sugar for stevia.

The paddock sounds doable! Although I got year round growing season.

Respect

Z

Got bags of rustica from my last vegie garden

and buckets of seed too

Its a bit lazy but I just chew with a pinch of powdered oyster shell

-really does the trick-

Anyone want free seeds?

pm now don't delay

Irie,

When I first read it & saw Cubebs, you know what I thought!

But on investigating Cubeb is (Piper cubeba).

Respect

Z

hehehehe now cube snuff, has that been done before? that would be interesting to know about actually.

i got plenty of seed. and its nice to see you chewing with some oystershell weedrampage, i was just thinking about that the other day when i was reading about pearls. i was thinking the calcium carbonate would be good for a base and you get extra minerals and vitamins from the oyster shell. mu li is the pinyin for oyster shell in chinese medicine. its a good medicine for anxiety too.