The Corroboree
MrBumpy

Why would you steal a rego sticker?

Last night my car was broken into. I didn't have anything worth stealing so it didn't bother when I realised, cause I didn't think there was anything to take. THey tried to take my radio but all they succeeded in doing was breaking the plastic frame off it, so now its ugly, but still works the same as before.

Then I realised that they actually had taken something..... the rego sticker.

Why the hell would somebody bother stealing a rego sticker? They also took the car manual and a little booklet containing outdated insurance information, so maybe my 82 SL Gemini was exactly what they were looking for,... but does anyone have any idea why somebody would bother taking a rego sticker?

You would actually have to want it to bother trying to peel it off... so I'm just amazed.

THen this morning when I was leaving for uni I also noticed whoever the bastard was that broke into car tagged it aswell.

Luckily it was done in Permaent marker... which I found is quite easy to get off. You can see a picture of the tag here http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g261/Hob...-04-06_1551.jpg

So, any one have idea what good a rego sticker is to people?

-bumpy

Have you givin that photo to the cops? They keep a data base of grafs so if they catch someone in the act they can do them for all of the other ones they have on file.

Buggers me why they'd want a rego sticker...

advise the police and the rta of the rego sticker theft. then every parking meter maid will be working on your behalf. check your rego plates are the correct ones. may karma spite these culprits with no quarter.

:ana:

id keep an eye on your plates aswell over the next few nights

EDIT - would 4077 be a post code near you?

Edited by Amulte

What kind of fucktard would tag someones car?

Vandal's without respect for other people and their property should be punished, no tortured by having being administered super heroic doses of psilocin or other similar substances.

Thats something that could stolen for a car being used in a crime or maybe for rebirthing/resale purposes? Could jst be a couple of fuckwits.

Report ASAP!

c'mon we were all young once

;)

Edited by Rev

would 4077 be a post code near you?

Yes, I checked, and wasn't too surprised to find out that it is the post code for Inala... which, if you aren't familiar with Brisbane suburbs, doesn't have the best reputation.

Something my friend pointed out at uni which I found funny, they tagged my car with 'Bloodz', probably trying to emulate american gangstas, but what he pointed out was that they really should have tagged with the Crips, since the crips are from the west side (as is inala), and hte bloods from the east side.

It was able to allow me to find more humor in it.

-bumpy