The Corroboree

Hehe

Ever since I studyied genetic engineering and learnt that you can insert DNA but wrapping a plasmid in a gold particle and shooting it at the skin Iv wanted to get a glow in the dark tattoo. Make a plasmid with the gene for chemical luminance, fill in the design annnnnnnd

WHOLAH

A sick tattoo, And quite origional ;)

Edited by tepa

That sounds like an awsome idea. One thought that comes to mind is like an old tatoo fading to a dark green with age, would it still glow after time?

This sounds like a cool idea. Any links? Maybe a pickie or two? Or is this still a trial run sort of thing?

glow in the dark/blacklight tattoos have been around for ages. They look pretty cool.

http://www.tattooartists.org/Gal3975_UV_Blacklight_Ink.asp

I actually asked when I got mine done if they had glow in the dark ink and they said they don't use it 'cos they're scared people will get cancer and sue them. Kinda naive view I think. Just because something glows doesn't mean it's a carcinogen, and just because it doesn't, doesn't mean it isn't! Apparantly some places, before commercial blacklight tattoo ink, used normal glow in the dark paints and dyes (everglow for instance) and that caused people a lot of problems. I'm sure you would have just as many problems if you used any dye that wasn't intended for use in tattooing, no matter what the colour.

Fark! That looks awesome :D Cant say I've seen that before and if I were to get me a tat it'd be one like that for sure!!! Does anyone know of tat artists using this ink in aus?