The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
teonanacatl

Nelumbo nucifera

Ok so ive been having a bad 2 days, ive got the runs so bad and had it for over 48 hours, ive beenmissing everything. so i figure its bacterial or somthing buggy, soi took a shot of some homemade absinthe to trykill the little fellas, ideally id have some betel nut but i dont have access to any atm.

anyway on with the story. i was sick of doing nothing so iwent to toilet then headed down the road tothe botanical gardens, i headed over to the lotus pond and wondered around getting to knowthe plant, i picked a few fruit and flowers and made ithome just in time to get tothe toilet. i picked one flower that had been open for a while, one just about to open and one which would prolly openin a few days.

i separated the stamens and petals but that isnt he interesting part. as i opened the flower that was going to open tomorrow iwas hit by a wonderfull smell, and i smelled it stong and hard a few times, sleepy i became. so relaxed and i was on the verge of provoked visuals (visuals cause by things like concentric circles and parrallel lines. i tasted some of the white sap, prooved to be quite spicey. anyway im not sure if it had anything to do with the absinthe but it was the most amazing experience.

i noticed people say the stamens are the strongest part, i noticed no bitterness from the stamens at all, but atthe tipof the stamen were little wobbly bits (not containing pollen) and ithink they are perfume glands, so maybe thats y the stamens are the most potent part? all other parts had a bitter taste due to the white sapwhich is likely loaded with alkaloids, i may see if i can milk the pods ala poppies.

so a question for those who have tried, are the stamen the strongest part? is the effects different to the effects from the sap?

by the way anyone with a cure for killing belly bugs(if thats what they are)

Never tried the sap. The stamens are damn good. :D

hey the embryos from the seed are hell bitter to, i just pulled a pile out to send to you apoth:)

purge

Edited by Rev

went to the doc, she said its likely viral and gave me some lomotil, its got Diphenoxylate and atropine in it, just took two, its supposed to slow movement of food through intestines. im so drained :S

back to topic, do people think that it may be the "glandy" things on the tips of the stamens that make them so potent? removal of just the glands wouldbe fairly easy, then one could try stamens vs glands.