The Corroboree

this thread in the chill space: http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/inde...?showtopic=9755 explains more of what i'm talking about..

in regards to music contributions, a pm from someone offering to make a ten second song recently in regards to this got me thinking... what would some music making people here think about creating specific short music as an introduction to each talk.. which could (and i think this could be cool) perhaps sample the talks themsevles? so if a few people are interested, you could chose a talk, creat about.. lets say 15-20 seconds of music of how you feel about the content of the talk etc... ?

i'm not too attached to the idea... this all depends on you guys and what you'd like to add.. if its too much work or just not that inspiring, simply some more offering of people's already existing music contribution would be great.. so yeah i leave these idea with you, thanks!

yeah dude, i'll be happy to do 10 seconds of music! where do i find these talks?

Hey,

I am a muso too. But not what is typically popular music, even in this scene. I play Guitar (mostly distorted) into my multi-track and sequence realistic sounding drums and bass to go along with it (using digital sequencing software on the PC). Most of what I do is pretty heavy, melodic and very rhythmic. If someone would like this style, or even some simpler, rocky stuff that I could do with my means here, I would be more than happy to have a crack at it. That is, of course, if you end up going with the idea. My girlfriend and I will be coming to EGA too (for the first time). Perhaps my style would suit a more emotionally charged talk? If you want to hear samples of my stuff, just let me know I already have some hosted.

I haven't gotten around to downloading any of the talks yet (damn dial-up) but I've asked someone with broadband to get 'em for me. Once I've listened to them all, I'll have chosen some samples to play around with, would it be possible to get cd quality versions of the talks to sample? or is it not worth it?

I can't wait to do this it's gonna be so much fun. :)

I take it the talks in the link are from 2005 though. Wouldn't the 2006 talks be different?

Pelinester i would like to hear your music, where abouts can i locate it on the web?

I take it the talks in the link are from 2005 though. Wouldn't the 2006 talks be different?

yep sorry to be clear, this is the 2005 talks cd we are working on..it will be sold to support EGA mostly via the 2006 conference.. the 2006 talks cd will be a whole other project with many more multimedia qualities to be created late this year / early next year..

prier,

how's your friend's downloading going? If it isn't even half way there, just let me know and i'll send you a cd with all the lower web-quality talks... once you've listened to them and chosen the one(s) you like let me know and i'll send you an original quality cd of that / those to sample... this goes for anyone else interested in doing this project also, pm details and i'll send out a cd next week sometime.

And please once you have decided, pop up your selection on this thread so there's no doubling involved.

I think there could be some really interesting stuff coming out of this project! can't wait to hear some of the new expressions.. also anyone who has some already existing music they'd like to add let me know and it can be fitted in with the new creations somewhere...

Good to see threads like this thanks being, the idea is fantastic, I was also thinking something similar when I ask a friend if he could grab some samples and make a track for the EGA 05 cd, hoping he comes up with something, well we will see.

:)

I'll give it a shot.

Good to see threads like this thanks being, the idea is fantastic, I was also thinking something similar when I ask a friend if he could grab some samples and make a track for the EGA 05 cd, hoping he comes up with something, well we will see.

:)

awesome, Ronny! do you know is he making a full length track or...?

just to reiterate.. remember when you have decided on a talk to sample, please post it up here so no two or more people are doing the same talk, and we can hopefully cover all the intros music-wise...

..can't wait to hear these creations! thanks again guys :)

Oops, I totally misread what this thread was about. I was under the impression that the intros would be for the 2006 talks. :)

You can find what I am currently working on here:

http://goatzmetalzone.co.nr

agh! and sorry, Pelinester.. i have seriously attempted downloading a track from your site three times, and each time something has prevented it from finishing.. i will attempt again tonight.. will let you know. thanks

finally finished my uni work! i'll have a listen to the talks and start recording tommorow or the next day :)

just tell me what you want done and ill try and do something

I'm assuming that you're probably after something psy-trance or IDM or similar. Or are you just looking for any style at all?

It's gonna be hard to clean up the audio for clear sample too, but I'll do my best.

Im a little over psytrance - but i tend to make pieces that are more ambient psychedelic - usual crap like tabla samples through delays and phases etc.

I'm still waiting on my friend to download the talks, but I've started playing around with some ideas, a mix of IDM, ambient and trip-hop kinda stuff. Does that sound like what you're after?

hey sorry i haven't checked this thread lately!

in regards to music style... basically.. i have no idea! ha.. mmm..

well.. one way to look at it is -this is a free creative project with the only bounderies i guess you could say being the theme of the psychedelic / ethnobotanical / entheogenic experience...

i suggested psytrance-ish abient-ish in the original thread in the chill space, as that seems to be our modern musical vehical for the expression of the psychedelic experience... but hey break the mold please do.. experiment have fun, just try to stay true to your own experience of what the talks are talking about!

..also just keep in mind the experience of the cd itself.. a short intro of music leading into an introduction of the speaker and title i will record and then the talk.. so if its really full-on it could be a little distracting and jarring for the listener going into the talk... but this isn't saying i think it should be boring!!

yes and the sampling of the talks themselves - if you'd like to sample a talk in the music you're making, please pm me your addy and i will send you a cd with your chosen talk/s in high quality format.

thanks!

yes and the sampling of the talks themselves - if you'd like to sample a talk in the music you're making, please pm me your addy and i will send you a cd with your chosen talk/s in high quality format.

Someone asked about that earlier, but when I mentioned the diffuculty of getting clean samples, I was refferring to the echo and dynamic variations that would still be in the original audio (I assume). I don't see that there would be too much difference between the cd and the mp3. Anyway, I'm quite happy to incorporate these qualities into the finished product as they're probably more indicative of the atmosphere of EGA and the talks themselves.

BTW... When's the deadline?

It's about 40 seconds, but I thought I'd post it as is. If you want it shorter, I can cut it down. It doesn't have any samples from the talks, but I thought this could be an intro for the whole cd or something. Anyway have a listen and tell me what you think. It's a kinda drum n bassy sort of thing...ish.

-Zac

btw I just put up the mp3, but I can give you a wav file if you want to use this.

ega05.mp3

ega05.mp3

ega05.mp3

Edited by ballzac

Really like the sample Zac, well done sounds really tight!

I dont necessarily like the robotic voice, but the concept is awesome! I could listen to more such full length compilations all day long> Do you have any?

Really like the sample Zac, well done sounds really tight!

Thanks. 'Tight' beats are something often lacking in my tunes, so I'm pretty happy with this one. Having a purpose for it, i.e. ega music, helps inspire me.

I dont necessarily like the robotic voice, but the concept is awesome!

Yeah it is a bit passe or cliched, but I think it works for this.

I could listen to more such full length compilations all day long> Do you have any?

Not really, if you mean this style. I tend to jump between styles a lot, and I don't have that many lengthy tracks anyway. I'm just starting to get back into writing after quite a long hiatus, so there might be more to come, but at the same time I am spending most of my time writing baroque and trying to figure out how to orchestrate film-score type music.

Anyway, thanks heaps for the positive input. :)

-Zac

Zac, have you heard the robots are people 2 compilations?? Really nice cyber electronica!

Just listened to you baroque piece, sounds like you are having a whole bunch o fun! ^_^

Zac, have you heard the robots are people 2 compilations?? Really nice cyber electronica!

Nah, I haven't. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled.

Just listened to you baroque piece, sounds like you are having a whole bunch o fun! ^_^

:D

wooooooooo yeah, ballzac, i dig i dig... :D

when it kicks in with the deep twisted (i don't know, what do you call that kind of sound anyway?) stuff mid way through i don't want it to end! as tripi has said, i could listen to that all day...

actually listening to one of these tracks (this is the first one) i've come to realise a lot more about how te whole structure of these cds could go... it is feeling as though 15 seconds is not enough time to let the songs get into their swing... originally the music contribution idea was based on the brief musical intro i'd heard on some mckenna talks, but since the offer for original tailored music has been so great, perhaps the music aspect should be more than just something to flow into the intros after all....

based on that track i'd say a full minute is a good time to let a track show us what its got (but if you're happy with that track at its present time that's also fine, ballzac, none of this has to be absolutely exact time-wise i feel).. i'll just need to tinker with the compression of the talks to make room...

so has this sudden change in idea pissed anyone off who has maybe already spent hours trying to get it all into 15 seconds? would be good to get a general idea what people think...

heh and in regards to the computer voice yeah totally mixed feelings.. you are right it does work but hmmm.. i'm not being polite here i truly am torn on it.. maybe we should have a poll or something! :unsure: